This document provides the Logistics and Mobility Services Support (LAMSS) Company’s project management strategy to address the ABC Cargo Shipping and Receiving Company’s operational requirements. The purpose of this LAMSS’s project management plan (PMP) is to outline ABC’s operational need or problem, and to define the project’s scope, concept of operations, technical approach, management activities, potential risks, stakeholders’ roles and responsibilities, scheduling, and reporting (CSU-Global, 2016). The LAMSS project will entail assessing logistics support methodologies and technology capabilities that may supplement, and subsequently enhance, ABC’s current operational practices, thus, the project plan will be consistent the project’s scope and requirements (Uppal, 2008). At the conclusion of this project, LAMSS will submit a report to the ABC Company outlining the detailed results of all project activity, based on the project’s requirements, planning, objectives, and funding. The findings, conclusions, and recommendations included in the report will assist ABC’s decision-making with regards to whether there is a need to further develop its current concept of operations and/or to implement new technologies that may improve the company’s current capabilities.
The ABC Cargo Shipping and Receiving Company has expressed that it has a requirement to enhance its current operations, due to its inability to continually maintain visibility of various clients’ cargo during domestic and international transport. In spite of existing tracking technology available on the commercial market, ABC has yet to develop a cargo shipping and receiving proce...
... middle of paper ...
...ude pretest activity such as a project location site survey, planning meetings, and participants’ training. Furthermore, LAMSS will provide ABC will daily activity reports, a quick review report immediately after the project, and a formal final project report within 15 days of the project closeout date.
ABC lacks a capability to effectively monitor its cargo movement in a dynamic environment. The inability to access, track, retrieve data on the cargo, to include vulnerability status, limits ABC’s capability to support its customers. This project will assess technologies and review operational concepts that may deliver a product, or a combination of products, that may enhance ABC’s operations. A final project report will provided to ABC that will include the project’s assessment methodology, finding, conclusions, and recommendation going forward.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Program Management Plan Program management is the consistent management of a set of interrelated projects designed to accomplish a single outcome. Through Apple’s innovative enterprise approach, we seek to generate personal computing products which have higher quality at lower unit costs than the previously available one. In order to manage projects effectively in the program, • Apple aims to minimize the uncertainty in the innovative process while making sure the abilities and incentives of executives who exercise strategic control over the projects.... [tags: Project management, Management, Planning]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- An essential factor in successfully completing a project is effectively planning the endeavor. Project initiation provides the structure and crucial components in which the project will be executed. This is especially true when planning an international project. International projects require further planning, particularly during the initiation period of the undertaking, to ensure that all components are adequately defined to prevent confusion and misinterpretation. Proper project planning and initiation, along with development of a comprehensive project charter and scope, are critical in the development of an international project and contribute to the successful completion of the undertaki... [tags: Project management, Management, Organization]
1653 words (4.7 pages)
- As we see that there are more five additional activities that are been added to the Gantt chart, where the new project start with the internal research on cloud computing with other teams under the Environment Technologies Program has been developing a schedule and many others are researching about the cloud computing project. Then we identify the business of giving expert advice to people working in a professional or technical field. Here this function will help in giving the complete information about the project.... [tags: Project management, Management, PRINCE2, Cost]
1055 words (3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Currently, Verizon Wireless has two major billing systems: I2K and VISION. In accordance with the strategic goals of the company and taking into consideration the corporate vision and credo, the executive management decided that having one billing system would be congruent with the objectives of the organization as a whole and the IT group in particular. After several months of deliberation, using techniques such as brainstorming, receiving expert opinions of SME (Subject Matter Experts) and taking into consideration the Payback period and ROI (Return on Investment) it was decided that the I2K customers would be converted into the VISION billing system.... [tags: IT Project Management Software]
1926 words (5.5 pages)
- Hardware Replacement Project The information technologies department is improving itself by integrating the newest solution for customer relationship management (CRM). The hardware replacement project (HRP) for this addition includes five major variables. These variables are time, costs, scope, quality, and risk. Many thoughts are worth considering and taking into account when choosing the best projects, and they are important to have the most worthwhile final results for the business. The issues that affect project risks need to be discussed, and I can recommend ways to carry out this project with the minimum of necessary risk.... [tags: cost and project management analysis]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- ... The ability to use technology for gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data should provide more opportunities for improvement of the processes and techniques involved in managing projects When deciding to purchase a project management software there are many elements to consider. Consider the software does it have the capacity and capabilities that you are looking for, is it relevant to your business and projects; determine your business requirements. “Create a table or spreadsheet with each vendor and rows for each question, summarizing the responses”.... [tags: project management success]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Business Scenario: A bike company called York bikes wants to create a customer information system for its company. York Bikes is a company that designs custom bikes and sells custom bikes which is a niche market, both at its business establishment and over the company’s web site. In the custom bike market one which is growing rapidly, Markham Bikes is one of York Bikes’ main competitors. (Purcell) Using the 5P’s of meeting in the SDLC stages of the above business scenario 1) Feasibility - Charter – Requirements: Purpose: Why are we holding this meeting.... [tags: project management]
1816 words (5.2 pages)
- The risk management process needs to be flexible. Given that, we operate in the challenging environment, the companies require the meaning for managing risk as well as continuous improvement in identifying new risks that will evolve and make allowances for those risks that are no longer existing. Ongoing continuous improvement This is an effective practice to ensure continuous improvement for the companies with mature risk management environment are those who have invested resources over time and are well able to demonstrate.... [tags: Risk management, Management, Organization]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- The record label music company was experiencing high number of incident tickets regarding its digital release planning system, mostly as a result of delays in release, reported by the sales team. To sort out the issue, the organization used the DMAIC roadmap, to uncover the causes of delays in their planning system and to develop countermeasures. The record labels are brands associated with marketing of music recordings and videos. A label signs contract with the artists and provide sponsorship to their album.... [tags: Six Sigma, Project management, Project]
1695 words (4.8 pages)
- Project Management Project Management is quickly becoming a field of study and importance in the business world. A search on the Internet of the title “Project Management” yields hundreds or results including forums, training manuals and job openings for related positions. Project Management is a broad term referencing the necessary steps taken by management to ensure a product is feasible before and during implementation. According to Project Management Learning Objectives, the steps to achieve success in this area include: testing and measuring products, evaluating and managing the product cycle, comparing costs and benefits, measuring product worth, economic analysis, product analysis,... [tags: Careers Employment Essays]
1405 words (4 pages)