A year ago, my youngest sister Claudia and I decided to go to a beautiful city in Colombia called Santa Marta. We didn't know what to expect, or where to go, which was one of the best feelings ever. We were going to be able to explore a new place. We did some research to find some of the most beautiful places in the area, and many people suggested Tayrona Park. I already knew of Tayrona Park, and I wanted to do some more research to discover some different places. That is where I found Cabo De La Vela. The pictures were beautiful, and it was only four hours from Santa Marta. It was also the perfect place to go kite surfing, something we wanted to try. When I asked some of the people in Santa Marta how to get there, they told me it could be dangerous, and that the two of us girls shouldn't try to go by ourselves. Despite the danger, there was only one thing in my mind. I wanted to have the most amazing experience possible, and I wanted it to be one of the best times of my life. This was an amazing opportunity to do something different with my sister, so we decided to go to both places.
To get to Cabo De La Vela you have to cross the Guijira desert, which takes about two hours. After two hours, seeing nothing but sand, we had no idea what to expect. I began to feel discouraged. I knew this would be a trip to relax and meditate, and I was right. As soon as we got to Cabo De La Vela the first thing we were told is that there is no electricity after 6pm, only one cell phone company provides service to the area, and the first car to go back to town leaves at 5am. At this point, I realized it was only the beach, myself, and my thoughts. My first reaction was a smile. I have always wished for a day without any kind of co...
... middle of paper ...
... and a salad made up of lettuce, carrots, green peppers, tomatoes, freshly squeezed lime, and vinegar. The meal was huge, but we ate it all, and the best thing was that we only paid 10 dollars for it!
Santa Marta was the best trip of my life. I spent quality time with the person I love the most, my little sister, and I had the opportunity to teach her that you have to work hard in order to have the best results and accomplish your goals, and that the reward will be priceless. All the walking we did took us to the most beautiful places we had ever seen. I feel extremely lucky to be born in Colombia. Although the country has a bad reputation, the beauty that lies in it is unimaginable. On our trip the only people we met were happy and humble, and they were all smiling. I would love to go back to these three places a million more times, especially Dona Panchita!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When my sister was three she started getting very sick. My mom thought she just had the flu. We had no idea what was wrong she had flu like symptoms but it lasted more then a week and every time she would eat she would throw up. My parents took her to the doctors in Austin and they could not find why she was so sick. So then my parents brought her to Rochester to see if they could find out what was wrong. They said its not the flu its something else. They did some test and she had a CT scan of her head because of the symptoms.... [tags: personal narrative]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- The time finally arrived to take a train to Munich to see the Olympics. Eva had come down with a cold and extreme nausea, probably from eating the pea soup in Belgium, and Jackie decided she would stay home with Eva. Tommy and I took the train from Augsburg and arrived at the Olympic stadium around noon. Omi had already obtained two tickets for the opening day track and field events as soon as she learned we would be visiting her. Our seats were right under the Olympic flame, although it seemed like a little over a mile as the crow flies to the field of events.... [tags: Olympic Games, Summer Olympic Games, Hotel]
1982 words (5.7 pages)
- As quoted once by Albert Einstein, “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” Is a perfect example of the importance of family but sometimes we seem not to understand what are family really means to us. When I was about 15 years old my family took a road trip to Taos New Mexico about a 16 hour drive from Laredo TX my home town, one day before the trip I was already imagining my annoying sister and brother I couldn’t stop imagining how annoying a family trip can be I repeated to myself, “how can I get away with not going.” It was not until later in the trip that I figured out the importance in my family and how much I should value them.... [tags: English-language films, Sibling, Family]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- In many ways my sister and I are not alike but at the same time we also are. I chose to compare myself to my sister because I have known, grown up and made many memories with her. We have also had our fair share of fights so I somewhat know what we have in common. My sister and I are a few years apart from each other, like most kids are. Over the years we have grown to be much more alike, unlike our childhood we were not alike at all. When I was younger I loved going to the park, riding bike all around town unlike my sister and her friends they did more of the sitting around the house stuff, but we both loved going camping and canoeing with our parents.... [tags: Parent, Mother, Family, Walking]
710 words (2 pages)
- In many ways, my sister and I are not alike but at the same time, we also are. I chose to compare myself to my sister because I have known, grown up and made many memories with her. We have also had our fair share of fights so I somewhat know what we have in common. My sister and I are a few years apart from each other like most kids are. Over the years we have grown to be much more alike, unlike our childhood we were not alike at all. When I was younger I loved going to the park, riding bike all around town unlike my sister and her friends they did more of the sitting around the house stuff, but we both loved going camping and canoeing with our parents.... [tags: Parent, Mother, Family, Walking]
709 words (2 pages)
- When we all think back about our life we can think of one moment when everything seemed to change for the better or worse. When I look back on my life I notice June 20, 2014. My two nephews and niece were born. When my entire family first found out that my sister was having triplets the excitement was through the roof. As her pregnancy continued on the excitement stayed at a high level, but concern grew. The weight of carrying three babies was tough on my sister. It became such a problem that on April 23rd aka my birthday she had to be admitted to Good Samaritan in Cincinnati, Ohio.... [tags: Mother, Family, English-language films, Parent]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- ?Mexico. Wow!. I thought as my parents informed my 14 year old sister and I as to where we were going. I was 18 at the time and had never traveled anywhere outside of the United States. I pictured these amazing beaches and daydreamed about meeting a cute guy, not pausing to even think about the fact that if I did meet someone, they would probably live a million miles away. And who knew what my mom and dad were going to adventure into once we arrived there?they always like to have something planned for each day, this doesn't bother me too much because our vacations usually end up pretty interesting.... [tags: Personal Narrative essay about my family]
2393 words (6.8 pages)
- Fort Bragg: My First Road Trip When you are a teenager you reach a certain point in your life when you want to be independent. You get this feeling that you want to do something on your own to prove you can. When I was seventeen, in the fall of 2001, I had that feeling that I needed to do something on my own. I needed an adventure to show everyone that I was old enough to be on my own for once. I needed something exciting and new. I talked to my friend Annie and we came up with a plan for our adventure.... [tags: Personal Narratives Freedom Essays]
1753 words (5 pages)
- One hot and humid summer The Parks family decided to take a road trip to California. The family consisted of a father, a mother, a ten-year-old boy named Joey, and his six-month-old sister named Trinity. The family was from Houston, TX and they were planning on driving the spacious, luxurious, and monstrous sport utility vehicle that would be comfortable for the family. Mr. Parks mapped out the route he would be taking for the trip. He estimated that they would be driving one thousand miles to get to their destination.... [tags: Creative Writing]
578 words (1.7 pages)
- Sister Sorrow - Original Writing I was an idiot. How could I have been so horrible. I realised she was not her self anymore. The once jolly bright girl was now a fragile, weak person whose world had fallen upon her. I walked slowly to the glass window. I slowly pressed my fingers on the transparent frame. There I saw my little sister with wires connected all around. Her eyes were firmly shut. She looked as pale as a ghost. I walked up to the door and twisted the knob slowly. I walked in.... [tags: Papers]
819 words (2.3 pages)