My definition of art is imagination and passion expressed by creating a visual feature. I consider art to be a figurative of the imagination because everything starts with thought. People create life by thinking of ways to develop; this then creates art. It is as simple as watching a child draw a picture. I can recall imagining a picture in my head and expressing my thoughts on paper. The drawing did not come out as I imagined but it took me to a place and every time I saw the picture I thought about the vision I had created in my head.
Although art involves imagination, not everyone has passion to create art. Art can be created through anger and frustration. I think that is the best way to create art. It can show passion to the person that will see this visual aspect. Art can be viewed through many perspectives. An example can be of a chandler that hangs in my grandmother’s house. My grandmother loves the chandler and brags about it every chance she gets. Living with her and imagining the image of the chandler falling on my head has created a negative view towards it. She looks as it as art on a good perspective while I take it in as art that I have a passion for destroying; in the end its always considered to be art.
I consider art a visual feature because it is look at and critiqued by people. I feel that art can be expressed through many things such as dance, painting, riding a bike, etc. It is considered art when the image and passion is seen through the audience. Many may criticize my thoughts with the visual meaning towards art. This can be summed up by stating, art is something seen that shows passion and imagination.
Chicago Foundations of Modern Architecture
The Chicago Foundations of Modern...
... middle of paper ...
.... 03 Dec. 2009.
Hunter, Marnie, ed. "Chicago: Tracing Modern Architecture." CNN. Cable News Network. Web. 12 Oct. 2009.
"Paleolithic and Neolithic Art." The Alamo Colleges. Web. 03 Dec. 2009.
Teacher resource science biology chemistry at cartage.org. Web. 03 Dec. 2009.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Western attitudes to African people and culture have always affected how their art was appreciated and this has also coloured the response to the art from Benin. Over time concepts of ‘Race’, defined as a distinct group with a common linage, and ‘Primitive’ which pertains to the beginning or origin, , have been inextricably linked with the perception of Africa. The confusion of the two in the minds of people at the end of the 19th centaury, and some of the 20th, caused a sense of superiority amongst the ‘White Races’ that affected every aspect of their interaction with ‘the Black’.... [tags: Art ]
1044 words (3 pages)
- The Art of Taxidermy and Why it Should Be Considered an Art “Let’s say you’re watching an old horror movie, one about a crazy madman who lives in a spooky house up on a hill. Local kids will become curious and decide to step foot into the house. The majority of the time the creepy man will have two things; paintings with the eyes cut out and a nice collection of mounted animals to give intruders a sense of fear. Then all of a sudden lightning flashes and a growling black bear is lit up, sending the kids screaming into the front yard” (Bryant).... [tags: Taxidermy History, Art Fields]
1913 words (5.5 pages)
- Art and Aesthetics Art is usually referred to as the visual arts, where a piece of work is judged through the aesthetics in which it creates. However, art refers to all human endeavors, including the product of oneÂ’s creative impulse. In other words, art does not have to be innovative to be good. I believe art is the communication of an idea, be it visual, musical, communicative or other. Art is the interplay between the conscious and unconscious part of our being, between what is real and what is an illusion; it is the voice of our soul through color and form in a constant search for connection with something beyond.... [tags: Art]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- Dramaturgy is often referred to as being a very ‘slippery’ and indefinable word; though there are standard definitions available for us to find, we cannot seem to comprehend these definitions without exceptions arising. For example, the online Oxford English Dictionary defines dramaturgy as either being a ‘dramatic composition; the dramatic art’ or as ‘dramatic or theatrical acting.’ However, words such as ‘composition’ can be highly vague, leaving itself open to broad interpretations and debates via the scholars of drama and theatre studies.... [tags: Theatre]
2066 words (5.9 pages)
- Video Games - The Forgotten Art Ask any major in the fine arts for the definition of art. They're likely to tell you that it is self-expression through the use of some sort of medium. Most commonly thought of are clay for a sculpture, paint for a masterpiece, even music notes for a four-movement suite. The last thing you'd think of is a computer program for a video game. But why not. Don't video games incorporate both artwork and music. Each one is considered art, but many people consider the result, when put together, to be a waste of time.... [tags: Argument Paper Video Games Art]
1842 words (5.3 pages)
- Introduced by a mission from Korea in 552 C.E., Buddhism has long been a central theme in Japanese artwork. Since the king of Paekche, a kingdom in the South East of the Korean peninsula, first gave the Japanese emperor a bronze Buddha statue, the Buddhist art forms that were periodically introduced from China and Korea were tempered in the crucible of local custom and usage, to yield a rich tradition of religious art. The role of Buddhism in Japan was greatly amplified during the life and reign of Prince Umaydo, known better by his Buddhist name, Prince Shotoku.... [tags: Art History ]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- From the dawn of humanity, mankind has made and been fascinated by a strange and unique concept: the idea of art. This phenomenon has no immediate, practical use; it feeds no mouths and protects no young. Yet even in the most primitive cave-dwellings of 30,000 years ago, we have evidence of artwork. Though these cave drawings may be completely different from the naturalistic masterpieces of the Renaissance, and those still very unlike the abstract images of today, all fit into the broad genre of art called painting.... [tags: Expository, Definition Essays]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- Tre Graffity Paradigm: The Art of the Piece It’s 11:00 p.m. on a Tuesday when three young men, barely high school age, slip through a chain-link fence and into a New York City trainyard. Each carries a duffel bag, from which can be heard the rattling and clanking of spray cans. Six hours later, they re-emerge, their hands stained with paint and their bags almost empty. What have they done. Inside the yard now stands a freshly painted mural, sixty feet wide and twelve feet high. The work is the result of weeks of designing and planning, and with luck it might last as long on the train as it already has on paper.... [tags: Visual Art Artists Graffiti Spray Painting]
1911 words (5.5 pages)
- The art of music can be described as a medium that can both physically and emotionally move people. All artists strive to be creative and stand out from the crowd; but when the majority of pop music is composed of four chords, where is the originality. G-E(minor)-C-D and A(minor)-C-D-F are the most common chord progressions and the only factors that change between the thousands of songs that use these progressions are the strumming pattern and the lyrics. However, the skills of the lyricist and composer who successfully produced these songs take a backseat to the singer.... [tags: creativity and the internet]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- There are many forms of art in today’s society, all ranging in a wide variety of intricacy and complexity. From performing arts, there is also interpretive arts and the classic hand molding and paint brush wielding type of art. Most art is easily distinguished, but there’s another form that has been bubbling to the surface for quite some time now and that art form is tattooing. Though many disagree that this is an actual art form, most often times, people determine tattooing as a “rite of passage,” for when a person turns 18 at the very least, but are tattoos, truly considered an art.... [tags: Trend, Repetition, Self-expression]
685 words (2 pages)