INTO UEA is part of a rapidly growing network of university-based study centres. It provides new and higher quality standards of preparation for undergraduate and postgraduate study in the UK. Combining the resources of University of East Anglia with major independent investment, INTOUEA delivers a world-class educational and cultural experience for international students, with fast, effective and assured progression to university degree courses. Having students from all around the world and being responsible for their development for higher education, it is imperative of the establishment to be run effectively and efficiently. To achieve this, it needs to be able to make learned decisions at every level of the organisation.
The organisation needs to find a new way to give quality business and student performance information to users across the organisation. Additionally, it needs a better way to manage and access complicated metrics designed to measure the progress and success of students, teaching staff and the overall performance of the organisation.
What is Business Intelligence?
Decision-making process can be a complex issue. Getting the right information to the right people at the right time is not easy. One way of doing this albeit not a cost-effective way is having a dedicated group of employees whose main responsibility is to gather and analyse various information gathered from the organisation’s ERP and other legacy systems. The whole process cost money and time. Information is only valuable when it is produced in a timely manner. Business intelligence basically helps to gather data and transform them into information that is relevant in a timely manner. With it, decisi...
... middle of paper ...
...at a reasonable price. Identify services included in the costs of implementation. Do the vendor provide training, and if so, what sort of training? Is it a one day crash course or a longer but more effective training for different levels of the organisation. We need to assess risks associated with the before, during and after the implementation. Would data stored in our current systems be jeopardised during the installation of the new software? This is crucial in maintaining high data integrity in the organisation. Like any other new technologies, adoption processes can be daunting. It requires users of varying levels of information needs having to learn using new BI products. The feasibility study is hoped to help us identify the necessary product with greatest ease of use and user-friendly interface to fit different levels of information users in the organisation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
The Importance Of A Good Business Organisational Website And The Responsibility Of One Handling The Website
- Ever since, websites have become an important aspect of a business in order to promote, advertise and connect clients with their companies for any service and facilities, which they provide to the customers. A website is a page owned by any company or an individual and website designing is a process of creating a website exhibiting their speciality. In todays’ world, technologies are being evolved rapidly, hence all those business companies using websites should be really quick in the topic of website designing and during the race of being competitive, and they may have numerous problems which may affect their business as well as their customers, creating a huge loss.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web design, Web page]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Overview In a wide scope the true essence of any organisation survival and success depends on communication, as it is the fuel and the maintainer of an organisation. According to Miller (2003) “organisational communication involves an understanding of the influence of the context of an organisation on communication processes and of the manner in which the symbolic nature of communication distinguishes it from other forms of behaviour”. In addition the “communication in the organisation fulfils various functions, including information dissemination, control, persuasion and integration, in Baker and Angelopulo (2010:75).... [tags: organizational survival and success]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction Stephen Robbins and A.J.B UBRIN think organisational behavior (OB) includes three interrelated influence and contact area of research: the behavior of the individual level, the group level and the organisational level behavior. This report will research a variety of organisational behavior theories.The following report will start with comparing and contrasting different the organisational structure and culture within Siemens to another organisation. Other parts of the report will focus on individual behavior,organisational theory,motivational theories and the impact of team work on organisational performance.... [tags: Organisational Behavior Essays]
2859 words (8.2 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of a wide range of Electrical Contacts for Starter and O.C.B. Carbon Brush, Brush Holder and Slip Ring Unit.// change sequencing, same as about us// Our range is acknowledged for optimum quality, efficiency and durability. We are counted as a prominent manufacturer and supplier of a comprehensive range of Electrical Contacts for Starters, O.C.B. Contacts, Carbon Brushes, Brush Holders, Slip Ring Unit and Flexible Cable. Moreover, we are also a stockist of Relay, Timers, PVC Cables, Copper Wire and Aluminum Wire.... [tags: Business Profile]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- We are a renowned organization engaged in retailing and supplying of Audio & Visual Equipment, Sprung Back Scrappers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners. These are known for their durability, reliability and excellent performance. Owing to our experience of almost a decade in this field, we are engaged in offering our clients with a comprehensive range of LCD Projectors, Cordless Mike, Computers, Laptops and Audio Systems. Apart from these, we also provide Collar Mike, Sprung Back Scrapers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners.... [tags: Business Profile]
2230 words (6.4 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our products are precisely engineered and are known for their durability and resistance against pressure and temperature. Backed by the industry experience of 17 years, we are the prominent manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our range of products includes Engine Valve Seat Inserts, Ring and Header Work. The high quality valves that we manufacture are known for their resistance against extremely high temperature in the combustion chambers of four stroke engines that use natural gas, L.P.... [tags: Business Profile]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- The academic study of organisational behaviour is beneficial for managers and organisations I am going to define organisational behaviour to gather an understanding of what it consists of. I shall then explain why organisational behaviour as a theory is studied by a variety of people such as theorists and practitioners. I’ve then at how the studies impact on the practicalities of the business environment and utilisation within management. Individuals within an organisation must be motivated. Different individuals need more motivation than others.... [tags: Organization, Organizational studies, Structure]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- 1. Introduction This report develops the issue of ineffective organisational structure, in the context of productivity and innovation, as outlined in the brief. The management function of organising, defined as “the process of arranging people and other resources to work together to accomplish a goal” (Schermerhorn, 2014, p.237) is used to frame the limitations of the current functional structure, and offers matrix and amoeba managed structures as alternatives. Recommendations involve discussing the deficiencies of the current functional structure and the development of a new one with employees, and drafting a new matrix structure with the aim to increase effectiveness across all facets of t... [tags: Organizational structure, Structure, Organization]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- Leadership defined has two fundamental difficulties, firstly, similar to notions such as ‘love’, ‘freedom’ and ‘happiness’, leadership is a complicated idea that has subjective interpretations (Bolden, 2004). Everyone has their own understanding of what leadership is, based on a mixture of personal experiences and learnings. Secondly, the way leadership is defined and understood through one’s influenced theoretical stance (Bolden, 2004). Those who view leadership as the outcome of individual characteristics possessed by a leader, whilst others perceive leadership as a social development that emerges from organisational relationships.... [tags: organizational ]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- Profile Essays Profile Essays - Grandfather, Grandpa By definition, my grandfather is handicapped. However, he doesn't act as though he is, and he certainly does not want to be treated in any special way. In fact, most of the handicapped people in society do not appreciate being treated in a way different from anyone else. They just want to be accepted as human beings. Some people become handicapped as a result of an accident. Others are born with their disabilities. My grandfather was asleep one night on a Coast Guard cutter when another ship, a destroyer, appeared in the distance.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile]
415 words (1.2 pages)