Recent years, more and more people start choosing organic food. Organic foods are “the way agricultural products are grown and processed” (Organic Foods). Organic foods often have a lot of requirements. For example, organic crops need to grown in safe soil and has to be separate from conventional products. More than that, farmers cannot use synthetic pesticides (organic foods).Which means organic foods often have a lot of requirements on growing it. According to the research, 63 percent American buys organic foods sometimes (Organic Consumers Association). The research shows that most American buys organic foods. People should be careful on buying organic foods, because organic foods are more expensive than conventional foods. In additional, some organic foods are 100 percent, but some are not. When customers understand the organic food, they can have a comfortable diet.
Organic foods cost more money than conventional foods because organic foods have higher quality. First of all, organic foods have less pesticide such as fungicides, herbicides and insecticides (Organic Foods). Synthetic pesticides can reduce the insects on food, so conventional farmers often use the pesticide to increase yield of food. Organic farmers do not use pesticide so they loss more, it causes the short supply on the market. According to the research, “58 percent of Americans claims they prefer to eat organic over non- organic foods. However, organic foods only accounts for 0. 9 percent of total worldwide farmland” (10 reasons organic food is so expensive).The highly demand of organic food causes the high price, and organic farmers want to offset the loss of organic foods as much as possible when they grew it. Additionally, the les...
... middle of paper ...
...he Certification but they also have to follow the standards as well ( Organic Foods). Organic farmers have less products may have less pressure on the cost. It can encourage more farmers to grow organic foods, so it can solve the short supply on the market. Each organic food has to follow the standards of USDA, people can trust on buying the organic food on the market.
Overall, the certifications of organic foods and the high quality may be the important reasons to cause the high price of organic foods. People should understand the reason of the high price so they can feel comfortable on buying it. More than that, customers should know the way to identity the organic foods so they can eat it discharged. The developing of organic food, more and more American may try organic foods, each customer need to be careful on buying it for their comfortable diet on daily lives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Life truly is precious. The majority of people around the globe hope to live a happy and healthy life. Reaching these goals is what most people spend their entire life trying to achieve. There are basic needs that every person has: shelter, clothing, water, and food. In the past when individuals were able to provide for themselves and their families they were able to be content. In the present day however, there is an increasing concern about what type of food is best. Another question is, what type of food should one provide for their family.... [tags: Organic Foods vs. Non-organic Foods]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Food has been a common source of necessity in our everyday lives as humans. It helps gives us nutrition and energy to live throughout our life. Over several decades, the development of making foods has evolved. They have changed from natural to processed foods in recent years. Nowadays natural ingredients are barely used in the making of foods like bread, cheese, or yogurt. The food industry today has replaced natural food making with inorganic ingredients. The cause of this switch is due to processed foods being easier, cheaper and faster to make.... [tags: Organic vs. Non-organic Foods]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- What are organic foods. Organic foods are grown without any preservatives, pesticides, chemicals, drugs, and hormones. Organic foods are grown or raised with a method that differs from industrial food. Recently, the organic market has been booming because of the many benefits studies have shown for organic foods, in which it has a better nutritional value than non-organic and is better for the earth. The harmful toxics that derive with non-organic foods have been shown in studies to affect individual’s health and the environment.... [tags: Organic Foods vs. Non-organic Foods]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- Organic versus non-organic foods are always being debated to whether they are worth the extra cost. This seems to be an easy question, at first, but begs a more in-depth analysis to come to a conclusion. Organic definitions can vary by government, company and even individuals. Many people have their own ideas of what organic means. My personal definition, before this research assignment, was that organic products were grown with no pesticides, chemical additives, or preservatives and grown in a humane way.... [tags: Organic vs. Non-organic Foods]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Organic products and non-organic products have been a subject of interest for me for a great amount of time because I have often questioned whether there really was a difference between the two types of products. I always wondered what the nutritional, economic, laborious, and pollution differences were, if any, in the creation of the two types of products. Through research, I have found several sources of information which allow me to determine more than a physical difference between the two.... [tags: Organic vs. Processed Foods]
2300 words (6.6 pages)
- These days one cannot go to a grocery store without seeing or hearing the word “organic”, but what does organic mean. According to the Merriam- Webster dictionary it is of, relating to, yielding, or involving the use of food produced with the use of feed or fertilizer of plant or animal origin without employment of chemically formulated fertilizers, growth stimulants, antibiotics, or pesticides. Given this definition one can identify what organic food is but it does not shed any light on what organic means.... [tags: Organic vs. Non-organic Foods]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- With the world’s population continuing to increase, the demand for food is higher than ever. This increase in food demand also calls for more efficient ways of growing and providing the food. Two methods that are very controversial are the organic and conventional method. While many people support the organic method because of its known benefits, others feel that it is an over inflated industry that cheats consumers out of their money. But recently many studies have disproved those critics. These studies prove that Organic food is a better choice than conventional because it is better for the environment, avoids the use of chemicals, and is generally more beneficial.... [tags: Organic vs. Non-organic Foods]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- Many people in America believe that we should eat healthier foods. However, a large portion of the advertising created for food in America is focused on unhealthy foods and products, many of which are nutritionally poor and easily accessible to much of the population. This results in a contradictory ideal towards improvement of health, where individuals will constantly eat unhealthy foods and struggle to lose the weight that they will knowingly gain. If people in the modern American society were to focus more on consuming organic foods and products, people would be healthier, reducing high medical costs and improving the overall well-being of Americans.... [tags: Nutrition, Organic Foods]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- Marcus Aurelius, stoic philosopher, and roman emperor said, “Everything you hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything you see is a perspective, not the truth.” Countless companies in the US encourage families to try out their appealing foods, but it seems these families are not interested in knowing what is in the food they’re consuming. People should avoid prepackaged foods. People should be avoid prepackaged food because it can be artificial. An artificial food consists of several materials and ingredients to replicate the appearance of a real food.... [tags: Organic vs. Non-organic Foods]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Organic Many people ask the question of what is organic food. I’m going to go into many things that people might have questions about when it comes to organic food. What is organic food. Is there a difference between Organic and conventional food. Is growing organic easier on farms soil compared to conventional farming; if so how does it. What does it take to be organic food, who watches and regulates what is considered to be organic. Why does organic food cost so much more than conventional. This is a question that many people want answered.... [tags: Organic food, Organic farming]
2049 words (5.9 pages)