First, abortion has physical and emotional side effects on the birth parents especially the mother, and on society, for example, some of the physical side effects are: feeling abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, damage to the uterus and other organs, infection, fever, bleeding, and might lead to death. (American Pregnancy Association). Some emotional side effects are: regret, anger, guilty feelings, shame, loneliness, nightmares, relationship issues, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts, which also lead to death (American Pregnancy Association), and here is a quote from a woman who had been through all of this because of a life mistake, “Please understand that by aborting your unborn child, that does not make the baby go away. Your baby will be in your heart until you die. After abortion – the guilt, shame and loneliness is horrible. Once you abort, you cannot go back and change it.”
Lisa Burroughs. Religion believers and the church are completely against the idea of abortion. They believe that abortion is against God’s commands to mankind, as the bible say “You shall not ...
... middle of paper ...
...e.” Mae Abbott. “Sonya had an abortion and advises other women, “Don’t do it. Regret of a permanent decision is like watching a sad movie over and over again and hoping the ending will change – but it never will. As Whitney Houston sang in a song, “Don’t Throw Away Your Miracle!” Sonya Kaye.
"Abortion Alternatives, Options including Parenting, Foster Care, Adoption." Birth Mothers, A Friend Loves At All Times: 2008-2013. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Apr. 2014.
"Abortion Emotional Side Effects." American Pregnancy Association. N.p., June 2013. Web. 03 Apr. 2014.
Mahoney, Kelli. "What the Bible Says About... Abortion." About.com Christian Teens. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Apr. 2014.
"Possible Physical Side Affects." American Pregnancy Association. N.p., Feb. 2014. Web. 03
"Women Who've Had Abortions." Lovematters.com: 1997-2014. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Morgan Gibson Mrs. Burchett English 4 21 October 2014 Abortion The debate over whether or not abortion should be a legal option continues to divide Americans long after the US Supreme Court’s 7-2 decision on Roe v. Wade declared the procedure a "fundamental right" on Jan. 22, 1973 (Roe v. Wade, 1973). In May 2013, Gallup found that 48% of Americans consider themselves pro-life and 45% say they are pro-choice (Gallup, accessed 2014). Abortions have been performed since as early as 1550 B.C. Greek philosopher Aristotle (384–322 B.C) wrote that "...when couples have children in excess, let abortion be procured before sense and life have begun..." (BBC, 2014).... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Birth control, Fetus]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Abortion is defined as: "the termination of pregnancy and expulsion of an embryo or of a fetus that is incapable of survival." However, if only the debate over the abortion issue was as simple as the definition provided above. Much like every aspect of human life, a statement is neither right nor wrong, but simply left open for interpretation. There is no black and white in life, only gray areas. Some issues tend to provide us more gray areas than others. Abortion is a prime example of that.... [tags: abortion argumentative persuasive argument]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- In 2013 approximately 1.2 million abortions took place in the United States. From 1973 through 2013, over 50 million legal abortions have occurred. Even though an abortion can harm your body, women still get them and take the risk of future health problems or even death. In this essay you will learn the pros and cons of having an abortion. This paper will explain all of the harmful ways abortions can harm your body and also how they may affect you in a positive and in a negative way. It will also help you understand why people decide to get an abortion or why they decide not to get them.... [tags: Abortion Essays]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- Throughout history there have been major decisions that have to be made. Those decisions define the society that makes them. Today in Americans history we have two or three decisions that could change how people look back at us. Abortion is one of the major topics talked about by everyone; from politicians to teenagers, everyone has their own opinions, but not many people can back up there argument with facts or statistics. They can’t say for example what the cost of living in a major city is for a single parent with two kids is.... [tags: Abortion Essay]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Abortion is a controversial subject in today’s world. One side believes that taking away the right to have an abortion is taking away the rights of the mother. On the other hand people view abortion as the innocent killing of a human being. (p.31OpposingViewpoints) The Roe vs. Wade trial declared the procedure a “fundamental right” on Jan. 22 1973(p.7RoeW.Wade)The mother has the right to choose what is best for her baby. Abortion is justified because it could be in the family’s best interest (p.103OpposingViewpoints).... [tags: mother, abortion, interest, baby]
617 words (1.8 pages)
- Late Abortion Abortions are legal in United States up until week twenty three of the pregnancy (Andrusko). At this point in the pregnancy, the fetus has a heartbeat, brain waves, can squint, swallow, and make a fist. My question is how we, as humans, can have the audacity to kill an organism that can do everything that we can do. Abortion laws have come a long way since the 1800s, but in the opposite direction. There are many stories and cases that have been dealt with throughout history that support my claim, but several are also against.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Late-term abortion, Fetus]
1438 words (4.1 pages)
- Abortion Taking out the trash, or taking a human life. That is what most the argument is with abortion, some believe that abortion is okay because the fetus is not yet a person, and that the fetus will be nothing but trouble. On the other side people believe that even all the way down to the zygote (when sperm meets the egg and earliest stage of pregnancy) there is a human growing in you. A growing boy or girl, with their own little fingers, and toes, their own cute as can be toothless smile, and their functioning organs.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Want, Fetus]
1734 words (5 pages)
- “I certainly supported a woman’s right to choose, but to my mind the time to choose was before, not after the fact (Ross).” In Ann B. Ross’s quote, she says that choices should be made before the point of pregnancy. In today’s society birth control is not hard to get, and if a person is unprepared or at a point in their life that they do not want a child, then they should consider the results of their actions. In some states, bills have been passed where the mother has to hear the child’s heart beat before she can In 2011, 333,964 lives were taken before leaving what is supposed to be the protection of the mother’s womb (Bigelow.).... [tags: abortion, the right to choose]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Arguably reminiscent of the dreaded extermination camps of the second world war, deciding the death of millions has become a matter of routine in the world today. Abortion is the rationalized removal of a human life from existence. Though wrong, it has ceased to be considered so by many who deem it necessary for a modern lifestyle. In the words of Thoreau, “After the first blush of sin comes its indifference; and from immoral it becomes [simply] unmoral, and not quite unnecessary to that life which we have made" (Paragraph 14, line 20).... [tags: Argument Against Abortion]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Abortion. Is it the right or wrong thing to do. In this paper I will try to prove why I believe that it is wrong to have an abortion. Why have an abortion when you can have the baby and put it up for adoption after birth. When you have an abortion, you are committing manslaughter, murder. Some people may not think so, but they are. If the woman does not want to have a baby, then why did she take the risk by having sex. I believe that once you have found out that you are pregnant you should continue the process and see the pregnancy through to birth.... [tags: The Truth about Abortion]
768 words (2.2 pages)