2. In many ways, Oprah has and continues to embody the self-awareness and internalized moral perspective theoretical aspects of authentic leadership. During the 1990s, The Oprah Winfrey Show shifted from outlandish stories and guests to shows about spirituality and healthiness (Oprah Winfrey Biography -- Academy of Achievement, 2015). At this time, she worked on becoming a healthier individual and would eventually write a book with her personal trainer on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. This occasion could be viewed as having self-awareness because she was aware of what was important to her which was reflected in her talk show. Also, her valuing and taking action in living a healthy lifestyle was consistent, which would be related to with internalized moral perspective. Growing up and viewing The Oprah Winfrey Show, I noticed how Oprah had an air of originality and was generally extraverted. I admired how effortless and comfortable she was with interacting with others, whether it was a member of the audience or a high-profile celebrity. This would be an example of how Oprah practiced relational transparency because she never strayed away from her out-going and compa...
... middle of paper ...
...elopment and her philanthropic works and activism. She has used her talk show to promote and extend her generosity towards multiple charities and audience members (Oprah Winfrey Biography – Academy of Achievement, 2015). Her established education institution in South Africa is another testament to her philanthropy. Since her earlier days were filled with abuse, neglect, and a lack of security, Oprah is motivated to provide in any areas that may be lacking with others. To elaborate further, Oprah viewed the lack of educational institutions for young girls in the area of South Africa as a lack of opportunity. She felt that the more opportunities that the young South African girls could obtain would result in a better life. That feeling would be a perfect reflection of Oprah’s life. She was provided with opportunities when she had none and improved her life accordingly.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- "With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice"(Winfrey). Oprah Winfrey is a very important woman in our lifetime and has influenced many people, and will for years to come. Oprah has changed a multitude of people, and made a difference in our world and society. From growing up in a poor home, to changing her life around and others around her, there are several ways that Oprah can relate to the average person. Many people in today’s society understand what being “poor” feels like.... [tags: Oprah Winfrey, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Talk show]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- The Influential Power of Oprah Winfrey. “Think like a queen, a queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” Oprah Winfrey let the world know that when one fails at something, he/she can always keep trying till he/she gets it right. Being a victim to some negative situations in life did not stop her from being who she is today. Oprah has an outstanding personality and she serves as a role model to so many people. Even though Oprah Winfrey publicly criticizes overweight women including herself, she has a positive influence on the society because she is a great leader, she has impacted the society through the media, television and movies and her philanthropic ef... [tags: Oprah Winfrey, The Oprah Winfrey Show]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- Oprah Winfrey is an African American woman who is known as a U.S. media celebrity. She has done so much to contribute to society as we know it and her legacy will forever live on. Mrs. Winfrey is well known and she uses her platform for positivity and love, which is a huge reason for her success. She is an intelligent leader who worked hard for the spot she has in life and strives to encourage others to be successful also. Mrs. Winfrey has written books, acted and produced films, hosted an infamous television show, and given to charities.... [tags: Oprah Winfrey, Talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show]
2675 words (7.6 pages)
- Oprah Winfrey was born on January 29, 1954. Her home has been at Santa Barbra, California. She lives there with her partner, Stedman Graham. Oprah is a renowned talk show host, actress, American media proprietor, producer and philanthropist. The Oprah Winfrey show, multi-award winning talk show is what this great philanthropist is best known for. This show was the highest ranked show of its kind, being syndicated nationally in the period 1986-2011 (Winfrey 3). She is currently the CEO and owner of Oprah Winfrey Network.... [tags: Oprah Winfrey Essays]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Oprah Winfrey was January 29, 1954. She spent the beginning of her childhood on her Grandmother 's farm in Kosciusko, Mississippi because her mom was looking for work in the north. Her grandmother taught her how to read it as an infant. By the age of three she was reciting poems and the Bible at her grandmother 's church. When she was six she had to move to Milwaukee to stay with her mother. Her mother was a housemaid and was always absent from the home. While Oprah was at home alone, she was abused and molested by her male relatives and other male friends of her relatives.... [tags: Oprah Winfrey, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Talk show]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Pop culture is appreciating more than what is at the cinemas or what singers are the most popular. It is reflective of the political atmosphere and social opinions of the nation. Which affect various people in different ways. Oprah was just a small Chicago women with a corrupted childhood that in 1984 turned to host a WLS-TV 's morning talk show AM, Chicago. Which became the number one local talk show, then in less than a year turned into the famous hour long show "The Oprah Winfrey Show". Oprah Gail Winfrey is one of the countless people set out in the world of pop culture.... [tags: Oprah Winfrey, The Oprah Winfrey Show]
1668 words (4.8 pages)
- This is a Jeep Super Bowl commercial from 2013 featuring Oprah Winfrey as the narrator. We are in times of undeclared war and we miss our troops and want them to come back and Oprah is basically telling them that they aren’t forgotten. It shows the families of troops being home missing someone and showing the hole the troop has left since their departure. It is a battle the families fight as they miss their soldier while they are out fighting the other half of the battle. When the troops return to their families they fill that hole again and our nation is reunited.... [tags: Oprah Winfrey, Talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- Ethical Role Model Essay My role model is a woman who may need no introduction to many, particularly those who follow media personalities. Oprah Gail Winfrey is my hero and ultimate role model, who personifies how every human being should be like, irrespective of how challenging the prevailing circumstances may be. Indeed, she is perhaps the richest African American woman today, the only female billionaire, the greatest philanthropist who is black and the black billionaire in North America today.... [tags: Oprah Winfrey, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Talk show]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Oprah Winfrey is an inspiration to many all around the world. She did not have a very good home life up until the age of 14. She was abused as a child and did not see her mother very often because she was a housemaid who was gone almost every day all day. Vernon Winfrey, Oprah’s father, was a big service in her life when it came to keeping her in a nonviolent manner. Oprah also had her career going for her when she became Miss Black Tennessee at age 17. When Oprah became Miss Black Tennessee she was offered a radio broadcasting job and a full scholarship to Tennessee.... [tags: Oprah Winfrey]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Oprah Winfrey's public speaking career began with reciting verses in church at the age of three. Today, at the age of 51, she is America's most popular talk show host, owns a popular magazine and cable TV channel, received an Academy Award nomination, and is ranked by Forbes magazine as the ninth most powerful woman in the world. Her path in life, that led from a broken home and abused childhood to becoming the first African-American woman billionaire, is a story of unrelenting determination mixed with a true caring for people.... [tags: Biography Oprah]
1669 words (4.8 pages)
- Why Puberty Is Not For A Child 's Development
- Protection Versus Management And Recreation Values Versus Development Values
- Health Information Management : An Integral Part Of The Health Services
- Benefits And Faculty Life And Experience Of Faculty
- Mathilde, A Beautiful And Charming Young Girl
- Analysis Of Savile Lumley, An Illustrator Who Designed Childhood Books