Permits and Licenses:
The first step in establishing our business is to acquire the various licenses and permits that would allow us to operate in the City of Edmonton; the first of these is a development permit. This is reviewed by a city development planner and determines whether our business is acting in accordance with the Zoning Bylaw, and should be allowed to operate in our specific zone. Upon having our development permit accepted, our company will apply for a business license. Our business fits under the commercial school category, and thus we are required to pay a $220 fee for this particular license, which we will need to renew annually. In addition to this, the following fees are also applied to our application: a $70 consultation fee, $60 Edmonton Fire Rescue inspection, and a service fee of $45. We are able to submit our application online to the City of Edmonton’s Current Planning Department.
Golden-Age Technology Services will be renting office space in Edmonton, Old Strathcona, at 8003-102 Street. The rent will be approximately $1,400 per month with GST and utilities included for 500 sq. feet. This building is situated just south of Whyte Avenue – which is the cosmopolitan heart of Edmonton – and is home to various senior homes. For example, the Bethany Senior Citizens Home, Strathcona Place, and two Greater Edmonton Foundation Seniors Housing locations are all in close proximity to this location. In addition to being near our target segment, the location is central, and as a result, accommodates and allows customers easy access to our office for appointments. The centrality of the location also helps to limit the travelling times for our technicians, an...
... middle of paper ...
...ersonable and excels at building rapport with customers. The job requires travel to and from in-home appointments and therefore employees are required to have their own vehicle; however, employees will be reimbursed for gasoline used during business operations. Employees must also obtain a criminal record check from the police department in their city of residence. Criminal record checks in the City of Edmonton cost $48 and will be mailed within seven business days from the date of payment. The fee will be reimbursed for successful applicants.
In accordance with company policies, employees participating in illegal activities – such as, but not limited to, using illicit substances – will receive a termination notice effective immediately. Otherwise, a notice for the termination of employment will be provided two weeks before the end date with severance pay.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Business Plan for New Airline HausAir Mission Statement HausAir fixed base operation will provide the highest quality of flight instruction and comfortable charter services to the public; without compromising an ounce of safety, at a price lower than the competition. Human Resources/ Management Functions Breakdown of initial staff to begin at HausAir. (1) Manager/Owner Jason Bushouse (1) Assistant Manager Jeff Doyle (5) Receptionist/Clerical Jason Henderson (Full Time) Julie Vanek (Full Time) Roseanne Francis (Full Time) Pamela Laurie (Full Time) Art Wegner (Part Time) (6) Flight Instructors (Chief) Adam MacDonald (Full Time) Brent Ivey (Full Time)... [tags: Essays Papers]
1661 words (4.7 pages)
- For years now, the preference of mainstream supply chain management by major manufacturers, as well as distributors, has been driven by various factors. Today, best companies globally are increasingly discovering a great new source of their competitive advantage. This is called mainstream supply-chain management that encompasses majorly integrated activities as well as bringing product to market and creating satisfied customers. For example, today as customer-lead demand-planning moves deeper and deeper into the marketplace, all level of organization bot are experiencing a growing demand for mainstream Supply Chain Management.... [tags: Supply chain management, Inventory, Supply chain]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- Having a business plan is so important to you as an online marketer. But most people, who start online businesses, especially small businesses, do not really take the initiative to make a business plan. Probably they think that it 's not necessary. But for sure there is little you can achieve in life without proper planning. More so in the contemporary times when survival depends largely on one 's ability to organize your physical and mental resources well. The future is actually for those who are organized.... [tags: Management, Small business, Plan, Business]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- The Strategic Plan of Able Limited a subsidiary company of Walden International details goals for the next ten years. The plan also encompasses the strategies to achieve our initiative of breaking and leading in the global market and measures by which we will evaluate our progress. This plan is created in consideration of all our stakeholders. The plan will be updated yearly which will enable us to give account of our achievements, need for modification on new mission requirements and how to improve on our performance measurement ways.... [tags: Business Plan]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- I. Executive Summary Grief Counseling Center (GCC) is a non-profit organization established to provide counseling services for individuals who are suffering the loss of a family member. Services will be provided at a nominal fee. The Founder of GCC not only believes in the need for this service, but also is willing to devote his time and money to help those suffering from grief. Grief Counseling Center provides mental health services for a diversified clientele. Clientele ranges from young children to senor citizens and consist of various cultures and nationalities.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1792 words (5.1 pages)
- What are some of the specific data analysis, human resources, process management, and business results that you will review during your assessment. In reviewing specific data analysis, the measurement, analysis, and knowledge category examines how organizations selects, gathers, analysis, manages, and improves its data, information and knowledge assets for homeland security. The two (2) areas of consideration are 1) Performance measurement 2) Performance analysis (Fisher, 2013). • Performance Measurement o How is the information selected, collected, aligned and incorporated.... [tags: Management, Organization]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Based on our business level strategy, the category we plan to be in will be a luxury, five-star hotel targeted towards international businesspeople. The name of the hotel will be ‘Namaste International Hotel.’ Namaste is a common greeting that originates from India and is used to acknowledge the divine spirit or soul of an individual (Geno). The greeting can be used by individuals of all ages. In Sanskrit, the term translates to “I bow to you” (Geno). Namaste has a spiritual connotation used to recognize that we are all one.... [tags: Business Plan]
2317 words (6.6 pages)
- Operational Plan Summary and Analysis No business is immune from globalization. Although MÀJEN is not a multinational organization, it has a diverse multicultural customer base (Powers, & Jones, 2001). The recent changes in our national and global economy have affected the customer base through decreased reimbursement resulting in rationing of resources. Additionally, the slower economy has resulted in less employee turnover and thus a decrease need for new hire training and certification. Future impact of the global economy on ALFs and SLAs are both positive and negative.... [tags: Global Economy, MÀJEN]
2469 words (7.1 pages)
- Budget The budget is projected over three quarters as indicated below. Additional monetary resources will budgeted in accordance with long-term phased implementation plan. Quarter Projected Budget Projected Profit/Loss Projected Website Rank 1 $90,000 ($22,000) 39 2 $50,000 $210,000 22 3 $65,000 $407,000 13 Resources Primus Securities will hire technology professionals. The technology team will initially include a system administrator, webmaster, and a maintenance programmer, and it should be expanded as necessary in the future.... [tags: Business Plan Development]
1757 words (5 pages)
- Operational innovation is notoriously difficult. The power of creating and deploying new ways of performing fundamental business processes is indisputable; it has been the springboard to success for leading companies in virtually every industry. But many firms have failed at their efforts to make operational innovation work. What is the secret to success. The experiences of Schneider National, a transportation and logistics firm based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, provide an object lesson in how to get operational innovation right.... [tags: Analysis Operational Innovation Business]
1512 words (4.3 pages)