While from this point drone use has been primarily implemented by governments throughout the world, now civilian companies are interested in adapting the technology for their own use. Ff civilian application were to become a reality, the national airspace would need to become available. However, according to Singer, there is already a deadline, for September 15, 2015, in place by Congr...
... middle of paper ...
...and Intelligence. Ed. Sylvia Engdahl. Detroit: Greenhaven Press, 2012. Current Controversies. Rpt. from "We Can See Everything." In from the Cold 2 Jan. 2011. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.
Harris, Shane. "Drones Away." ProQuest Research Library. ProQuest, Oct. 2013. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.
Naiden, F.S. "Heroes and drones: drones fly in the face of lessons taught to us by centuries of warfare." The Wilson Quarterly 37.4 (2013). Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.
Singer, Peter W. "Military Robotics and Ethics: A World of Killer Apps."Brookings.edu. The Brookings Institute, 21 Sept. 2011. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.
Singer, Peter W. "The Predator Comes Home: A Primer on Domestic Drones, Their Huge Business Opportunities, and Their Deep Political, Moral, and Legal Challenges."Brookings.edu. The Brookings Institute, 08 Mar. 2013. Web. 16 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There were many important people, aircraft, and developments, which greatly contributed to aviation development, which ultimately impacted the World. Out of many aviation developments, I will write about an aircraft I take pleasure in seeing and hearing, the C-130 Hercules. I consider this aircraft has made a significant impact in the aviation industry, most in the dependability of the airframe and its illustrious design. Today, this aircraft is used for many organizations such as Military Ops, firefighting, and search and rescue.... [tags: Military Technology ]
1594 words (4.6 pages)
- Forecasting Blue Skies Overview Economies of scale are the tried and true methods for creating discounts. But in an industry where customization, competition, changing tastes and the pursuit of new and cool products are critical, large inventories can be cumbersome and forecasting can be impossible. Luckily, there is a company that satisfies all these needs while reinventing supply chain relationships. This company is PCH. PCH is an organization that aids companies in managing their chain of supplies.... [tags: Business Analysis]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- Edwin Morgan's Opening the Cage The poem "Opening the Cage," by Edwin Morgan, is based on a quote taken from John Cage. Cage said, "I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry." Cage's quote contains fourteen words which are rearranged fourteen times by the poet to create a fourteen line sonnet. At first glance, the poem may seem to be random and senseless, and this interpretation could hold true, for Cage was known especially for his chaotic and seemingly mindless music. One thing to keep in mind is that Cage desired to create meaning through musical methods that most people would believe to be meaningless.... [tags: Morgan Opening the Cage Essays]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- For the past 50 years technology has evolved in a variety of different ways from bulky to sleek cellular devices, to the way people receive news and communicate. The changes of technology play a big part in the media and how it is used. The technological changes made throughout these time periods have made communication and the media widely spread. The 60s brought along many new changes in the way media is produced. The use of the television in the 60s played a very important role in the media for these times dealt with not only political changes but also social, cultural, and psychological changes.... [tags: Technology ]
1902 words (5.4 pages)
- Music Analysis of Under Midnight Skies Introduction This piece of music is an expression of loneliness and anxiety for advice. It involves having a variety parts in this piece of music including the choice of instruments and the solo voice coming from the male and female singers. It also includes instruments such as string instruments, woodwind instrument and percussion instrument. “Under Midnight Skies” Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah Lah The opening of this piece arouses instant attention with its smooth and repetitive momentum.... [tags: Papers]
543 words (1.6 pages)
- Technology is defined as “the application of knowledge to extend human capabilities by equipment or a technique for performing a particular activity”. Technology has become very important part of our lives. I believe that technology in our lives is leading us to Eden. An Eden is a place of complete bliss and delight. Marshall McLuhan's statement that “Invention is the mother of necessities” is very true. This is because if it were not for technology our work would not be as efficient or productive.... [tags: Technology]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- The students in today’s classrooms cannot fathom a world without computers, video games, and smart phones. These students are tech-savvy as they play, learn, and communicate in a connected, digital world. School administrators and curriculum planners have come to the realization that they must meet students in their world by using technology to present meaningful and engaging lessons for all students. No longer can schools continue using the standardized teaching model, which became popular during the industrial based economy of the 1900’s (Jacob, 2013).... [tags: technology, lessons, educated, teachers]
570 words (1.6 pages)
- T. Coraghessan Boyle’s “Friendly Skies” is the story of Ellen, a woman who is trying to get to get to New York to be with her mom, but has trouble doing so due to several delays. First, the plane has mechanical problems, this is followed by a pilot claim that they have lost their slots for takeoff. When the plane finally leaves LAX, the engine catches on fire, so emergency landing is required. When back at the airport she is only able to get a non-direct flight that stops in Chicago. While on this flight, Ellen reminisces about heartbreaking details of her past, so she takes prescription medicine with alcohol to try and diminish her pain.... [tags: essays research papers]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- Launched in 1996 by Stanford University students Larry Page and Sergey Brin as “Backrub”, Google has grown to be known as one of the top search engines available today. At first Google was run out of a garage until 1999 when Larry Page and Sergey Brin bought their first office, and in 2001 they open their first international office in Tokyo. While Google is known for making it easy for any person to search any topic and find their answer, it takes a lot of behind the scene work to run this powerful search engine.... [tags: Technology, Internet]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- Technology is a broad concept that deals with a species' usage and knowledge of tools and crafts, and how it affects a species' ability to control and adapt to its environment. In human society, it is a consequence of science and engineering, although several technological advances predate the two concepts. Technology is a term with origins in the Greek "technologia", "τεχνολογία" — "techne", "τέχνη" ("craft") and "logia", "λογία" ("saying"). However, a strict definition is elusive; "technology" can refer to material objects of use to humanity, such as machines, hardware or utensils, but can also encompass broader themes, including systems, methods of organization, and techniques.... [tags: Technology Research]
1599 words (4.6 pages)