In today’s Era, students now have the advantage of choosing to attend a College University or achieve their degree through college online courses. However, some major concerns associated with this major life decision, beginning with the difference in the learning styles. Even though most people would consider taking an online course because it’s flexible to your schedule and students would have additional time to complete the assignment that their giving, other than in traditional classes. To furthering a student’s education, teachers all come together in a classroom with multiple students to learn at a specific time and place. The courses the students are experiencing the teacher comes up with. Going to classes there are rules that students need to abide by. The type of instruction at a traditional school mostly teacher driven. The instructor knowledge in their lectures can have an effect on people to help them learn a lot better than in an online class. The presentation styles that teachers give are very successful in a traditional classroom. When students go to class, some teachers try to make learning fun, and give rewards to keep students coming back for more. Having to do school work online gives students the chance to do their assignments at any time or place, whatever is convenient to their schedule. The schooling online is private, and the type of instruction given a student’s driven. The student basically has to be sure that all their assignments are turned in on time, and read the materials the instructor provides. In my own personal experiences with online classes, I have found out that they are neither difficult, nor easier that traditional classes. The materials covered in online classe...
... middle of paper ...
...led on the answer questions will enjoy the time to reflect on their responses offered be online classes. For many students, social interactions are a key aspect of the college experience. If you are planning to meet new people and expand your social and professional network, it’s important to take at least a few classes on campus. The reason you’re in class is to learn and develop new skills. From my personal experience it was very difficult without direct face to face input of an instructor. If you don’t learn well from reading out of a book or written material, then an online courses will be very difficult for you because online courses is based off of written material, and reading from a text book. The best way to learn for me is taken traditional classes because you can actually get the full effect of learning, so I suggest to others to take a traditional class.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Teachers do not want to be the student to break regular classes, do they. Traditional classrooms are called traditional for a one good reason. We students are used to this way of teaching because of its effect on students. Now, there is a disagreement that online classes are a better way of education. There is better resources in a traditional classroom than in an online class. Traditional classrooms help students interact with the teacher and classmates more often. Class taken in classrooms are also use to schedules other than giving the responsibility to the students.... [tags: alternative education methods]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- There are some students who find it easier to work in internet classrooms and some others that find it easier to stay with traditional classrooms. I think someone may choose internet classrooms if they have difficulty interacting with teachers and other students. Some people do not like being in the classroom because they do not feel at ease around certain people especially those who treat others with disrespect. It is hard for a student to concentrate and learn a lesson when they have that kind of pressure.... [tags: Online Classes, ]
405 words (1.2 pages)
- When students are deciding on where to go to college at they have the option of choosing between online classes and the traditional classroom classes. Today some students are finding it much easier to maintain a job, family and start a college career all by taking online classes. Although some students still prefer to stick with the traditional classroom classes, they still have the option to take online classes. Both online and the traditional classes will provide the educational requirements needed to obtain a college degree and opportunities in the work field.... [tags: degree, teaching, material, time, education]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Today, more and more colleges are offering courses to students that are entirely online. Students who are drawn to online courses include students working full-time jobs, students who would prefer a private study environment, or students who find that online courses are easier than traditional (campus-based) courses. Advertisements geared to encourage students to register for online classes have the tendency to portray them as being easier and requiring less work than its campus counterpart. For instance, some television advertisements show students wearing night clothes working in a relaxed environment within their home - free of the pressures caused by deadlines and testing.... [tags: Higher Education, Internet Classes, College]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Teachers expect students to abide by certain rules set forth at the beginning of the classes they attend. Preparation of materials and participation in class discussions are some of the requirements for classes. The rules of each class differ by subject and teacher. In the past decade another variable has been thrown into the pot, the environment in which classes are taught. Classroom rules may have to change to accommodate virtual classrooms. Ellen Laird has been teaching via the internet for many years.... [tags: E-Learning, Online Classes]
2581 words (7.4 pages)
- In 1999, Mark Bonner of PricewaterhouseCoopers accurately predicted, “Online learning will rapidly become one of the most cost-effective ways to educate the world’s expanding workforce.” Fifteen years later, his statement is truer than ever, as the price of going to a four-year university skyrockets, and technology required to get the same degree online becomes more available. According to the National Center for Education Statistics, from 2000 to 2010, the average cost for undergraduate tuition, room, and board at public institutions increased over forty percent.... [tags: technology, online learning]
1561 words (4.5 pages)
- ... For instance, the learning processes are different. In an online class, you basically play the role of both, the teacher and the student. In other words, it is self-driven; you are on your own and completely responsible for what you do and what you do not do. You really need a high degree of responsibility and discipline in order to pass an online class. But, if you enjoy working independently and using technology and you are able to meet deadlines consistently, then online classes is definitely for you.... [tags: online learning, learning environment]
618 words (1.8 pages)
- School systems today are just not what they used to be. Students are not motived in a traditional classroom anymore. They act immature and sometimes become involved with bad crowds. How would you feel knowing that your child is in a classroom bored and not getting the education they need to exceed in life. The Internet has however come a long way in the past ten to twenty years. Now a student is able to take his or hers classes without the distraction that would come from a traditional classroom.... [tags: degree, diploma, guide, drugs]
635 words (1.8 pages)
- The days of walking ten miles, without shoes, and uphill in the snow to get an education are gone. Today students have the opportunity to attend school via the Internet through online classes. The option of taking online classes to earn an education has become ideal for those who work or need a way to fit education to their schedule. More students are opting to take this virtual route because of the flexibility for the time and place of attending classes. As a virtual college student, I cleared up a scheduling conflict by adding an online class.... [tags: Technology and Education, internet, e-learning]
1042 words (3 pages)
- With a bad economy, high unemployment and several new educational benefit programs like the available, more and more people are going back to school to finish degrees or to gain new skills that will make them more marketable. Most of these new students wont be sitting in a chair at a local university or college, they will be sitting at their kitchen table or at a computer desk in their homes taking online courses. About six months ago, I decided that I was going to go back to school and finish my degree.... [tags: Higher Education ]
1362 words (3.9 pages)