Nowadays, online shopping becomes a common and important part in human life, and it has brought so many conveniences. It is fresh thing for human because it is created In recent century, but it develops very fast. More and more people are using it for shopping on the most of time even though old generation. This research paper will be going to research on when and what was the first online shop? What are the benefits of online market? What are the negatives on online shopping? And how does online shopping hope to develop in the future? Because those questions are interesting and exciting to research for.
Online shopping refers to a business entity that allows customers to purchase either goods or services directly from the internet with the help of a web browser. An online shop is a representation of the shops at the shopping center whereby the customer buys services and goods only that there is no physical meeting between the retailer and the consumer.
HISTORY OF ONLINE SHOPPING
Online shopping was invented by an English entrepreneur known as Michael Aldrich in 1979. His online transactions consisted of a modified domestic television set that was connected to a real-time transaction processing computer with a home telephone line. According to him videotext that was the modified technology of the domestic television; with a simple human driven menu was a universally acceptable communication medium. The system enabled the information of corporate to be available to outsiders for correspondence and also for messaging and information dissemination and retrieval that later came to be known as electronic commerce. He defined this new form of communication as interactive, unlike the earlier systems that set them as mass...
... middle of paper ...
...etailing shops. Customers are currently following the online retailers of their choice and this can give them access to discounts or tip them on the available deals. Retailers can also invest in the daily deals and flash sell. Many retailers that have tried this trend have found that a very large number of items can be sold just within minutes of sending out an email to customers about the availability of a new product. (Jayson) Online shopping has also seen the increase multifold of international sells and this trend is likely to increase. This is because with the growth of online shopping shipping has been made faster and more affordable. It is inevitable that as the online shopping grows it will become easier to compare the prices of the different items and that most online retailers will be forced to create better physical experiences with their customers. (Laura)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Online learning is an important tool for students to earn an MBA degree. This degree qualifies students for increased responsibly within a firm. Students choose an online MBA for several reasons, and employers are increasingly accepting online degrees as equal to a classroom education. Labor reports cite steady career growth for positions requiring an MBA degree. Online classes help employers fill these executive positions while helping job candidates advance their careers. An Overview of the MBA Program According to Investopedia, an MBA Degree is a professional degree earned after completing a bachelor’s degree program.... [tags: Management, Business school]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Online dating is becoming increasingly popular and millions of people around the world participate in some form of online dating. Advancements in technology have made dating as easy as swiping left or right on a user’s dating profile or sending an instant message to a stranger and setting up a date seconds later (Gardner, 2012). Even though online dating seems like an innovative and revolutionary way to meet a potential romantic partner, there is a downside to online dating. As online dating becomes more common, the obvious problem of poor communication because of online dating becomes worse and worse.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Online identity]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Working in the advertising industry I hear and see some cooky claims from those being approached by the topic. While most people are just looking to avoid being sold or duped into a scam or money hungry program there are those who are still simply confused by it all. The majority of the clientele we work with are service related businesses who have been around for generations. These individuals are typically high strong, very proud, and stuck in their old ways of business. Most of these owners have been in their communities for many years and have a loyal customer base that can refer new customers to them and are occasionally even iconic to a specific group in the community.... [tags: Advertising Industry, Online Marketing]
1519 words (4.3 pages)
- The Irish Trade Marks Act 1996 describes a trade mark as being any graphical representation (words, designs, letters, numerals and shapes of goods or their packaging) “capable of distinguishing goods or services of one undertaking from those of other undertakings” . Trade Mark Law stands to uphold the rights of ownership and use of such distinguishable properties. With the advent of the World Wide Web and increasing access availability, online trading has become very important to the world of commerce and as such the provisions of traditional trademark law have come under duress.... [tags: domain name, trademark law, online trading]
1882 words (5.4 pages)
- Cell phones have become an important part of people’s daily lives; teenagers developed their social skills on cell phones, most youth prefers meeting people online, instead of face-to-face. Therefore, interpersonal communication does not have to learn in today’s society. Technology developed an easier ways to communicate with one another; text messaging can bring positive and negative effects in personal interaction skills. Cell phones are a convenient technology, which allows people to communicate with families and friends through distance communication and face-to-face interaction.... [tags: Mobile phone, Communication, Text messaging]
1846 words (5.3 pages)
- With new inventions and the advancement of technology, as well as the increased popularity of having online relations on social networking websites, online communication has become a common occurrence for people all over the world. Due to this sudden advancement, there has been a debate regarding the use of online social networking over face-to-face communications and relationships. Due to people’s ability to express their true self on computer mediated conversations, along with the formation of secure online romantic relationships and positive friendships, this paper will argue that online relations are just as good, if not better, than face-to-face interactions.... [tags: Internet, Social network service]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Online education is an alternative way of study that has been setting ground steadily among students. Also known as e-learning or distance education, it is a style of learning in which the student is not required to physically sit in a classroom. As a matter of fact, online students have the word as their classroom and the freedom to access the course materials at will because of the flexibility e-learning provides (Bowen, Chingos, Lack & Nygren, 2013). The office of Educational Technology of the US Department of Education reports that online learning offers a potential for educational productivity (Bakia, Shear, Tomaya & Lasseter, 2012).... [tags: alternative, study, elearning, productivity]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- The development and the status of online advertising Nowadays, new media has become an indispensable and inevitable way in people’s daily life. Because of this situation, network, which is the main channel in new media period, could be seemed as a new competitive market especially in commercial advertising. Commercial advertising is the main type of advertising in mass media in recent years which has a long history to form. According to the McFall’s remark, he noticed that there are two main factors to lead to commercial advertising’s development.... [tags: Marketing, Commercial Advertising]
1977 words (5.6 pages)
- In the very unique industry of online dating, an e-business must use many marketing tools and techniques to catch the eyes of the business's audience. If the e-business is for some reason unable to accomplish this, the online dating sight will not last long. This section will discuss the marketing tools and techniques used by e-businesses in the online dating industry. There will also be a rating of the three most common online dating networks, rating many areas of the site from ease of use to customer service accessibility.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Online Communities. To start off my essay I would like to stress on the fact that an online community is not created online communities evolve and flourish. Most of the well built online communities take time and effort to establish them. In this essay I will be covering topics like how people interact in an online community, also will be looking at how to facilitate a successful online discussion and how to evaluate the success or failure of an online community. With the dawn of the new century and advances in computing, companies and organisations realised the importance of getting a target market of potential customers and employee's which is based online and thus providing a faster and e... [tags: Internet]
1822 words (5.2 pages)