Essay PreviewMore ↓
A very effective form of direct marketing is email marketing which uses electronic mail to send a sales pitch to potential customers. Hundreds of millions of dollars are spent on electronic mail marketing each year in the United States alone. Marketers work diligently to develop a mailing list of customers they can send mail to repeatedly without incurring the cost of printed newsletters or traditional direct mail. The delivery time is often just a few seconds or minutes compared with the days it takes the post office to deliver a piece of mail. Email is paper free making it attractive to environmentalists and conservationists.
2- Professional Marketing
Sometimes an email campaign sent by a novice is considered spam and deleted at once by the recipient. Professional email marketing services can provide effective campaigns that entice potential customers with quality newsletters, testimonials and other marketing materials. A good service has the most current development features available to help you through every step of the process. They will provide many templates from which to choose or they may guide you through importing your own HTML page. They will help you add images, sound, background images and attachments for a polished professional look. Another big advantage to using an online service is the ability to track the emails.
3- Social Networking
Web based marketing tools may be the perfect email marketing solution to grow your business and increase sales. Even beginning marketers will benefit from user friendly email development methods. New ideas are always on the horizon such as email social sharing. Social networks are a gold mine for a business person who effectively shares his email on these sites. You are able to get the information in front of hundreds if not thousands more people on the social sites. Using the opt-in mailing list you can develop a loyal following for your newsletter or other promotional items. You can even get reports on who opened the emails or simply deleted them.
4- Increasing Online Sales
There are many ways to advertise your business, and direct email marketing is very effective for increasing web traffic and online sales. Advertisements for your product are sent to a targeted list of clients through email. Attractive and compelling ads do not give the impression of being spam, so the recipient is more likely to take a look and possibly make a purchase. The sender is able to track the metrics of his campaign such as how many emails were actually opened, how many messages bounced and how many requested removal.
How to Cite this Page
"Online Marketing." 123HelpMe.com. 15 Nov 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Using social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter are the best ways to reach your consumer and build your consumer base. Another article with great tips for marketing on the internet is, “25 Website Must-Haves for Driving Traffic, Leads, & Sales” by Jessica Meher, Meher discusses ways to bring consumers to your website. The first strategy is to drive traffic to the website. Some ways to drive traffic to your website are to submit your website to online directories and write guest posts for other blogs.... [tags: Marketing, Internet marketing, Social media]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- ... Using online marketing is very cost effective because we can reach millions of people with a touch of a bottom; without having to expend a lot of money in gasoline or other expenses. Another advantage of online marketing is that, we can do promotions and online coupons, by giving especial discount to the “first 20 customers,” or new customers that refers another customer, people would be more motivated and willing to try out our business. Moreover, we can also create a Facebook and tweeter account with healthcare topics.... [tags: Marketing, Consumer, Economics, Health care]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- 1- Paper Free Marketing A very effective form of direct marketing is email marketing which uses electronic mail to send a sales pitch to potential customers. Hundreds of millions of dollars are spent on electronic mail marketing each year in the United States alone. Marketers work diligently to develop a mailing list of customers they can send mail to repeatedly without incurring the cost of printed newsletters or traditional direct mail. The delivery time is often just a few seconds or minutes compared with the days it takes the post office to deliver a piece of mail.... [tags: Marketing]
562 words (1.6 pages)
- These days, businesses are going for different ways to promote their products. Before the inception of the Internet, businesses were trying to promote their products through conventional marketing strategies. But now the whole scenario has been changed dramatically. Whether it’s a small business or a corporate sector, every one out there is trying to promote their business through the Internet. The Internet has proven to be one of the most cost effective ways for promoting product or service. There is hardly any platform like the Internet that can bring you such a good way to exhibit your product or service on the global screen.... [tags: Marketing ]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- Business has captured this internet two decades ago. Many companies are playing as third party to connect sellers with buyers. Companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook, Yahoo, and etcetera are completely dependent on such kind of business. Basically, Internet marketing means marketing all over internet including via emails and wireless media. It includes technical and creative aspects internet, including design, development, advertising, and sales. All of this comes under umbrella of “Virtual World”.... [tags: Marketing]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- The journal International online marketing of foods to US consumers by Gregory White (1997), interested me because I want further my knowledge on the subject. I hope to study online marketing more in depth, as it is what I hope to develop into a career. It will hopefully help my research, as this topic is very similar to what I am going to write my dissertation on. The journal looks at the increase in Internet shopping and the effect that this has had on the way that consumers shop for groceries.... [tags: buying food, online shopping, gregory white]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- Marketing is the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including research and advertising. Internet has made the world of marketing so much more simple and fast paced. Simply using the World Wide Web to market something opens up a whole new world of marketing which is easier and more effective. Online marketing is the best way to get your product out there because it provides all kinds of ways to promote and sell a product, things like creating a website for your business, being accessible from smartphones and reciprocal loyalty.... [tags: e-commerce, social media advertising]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- “The Marketing Accountability Imperative: Driving Superior Returns on Marketing Investments” written by Michael Dunn and Chris Halsall is about how the world today has become so advanced with all kinds of new innovative technology. Including the emerging middle class of other countries brings even more technology and a more competitive world. Because of this emerging middle class it increases the demand of your product to an uncontrollable extent, now not only should you advertise in the US but also in other emerging countries.... [tags: social media, e mailing, website ads]
1703 words (4.9 pages)
- In the very unique industry of online dating, an e-business must use many marketing tools and techniques to catch the eyes of the business's audience. If the e-business is for some reason unable to accomplish this, the online dating sight will not last long. This section will discuss the marketing tools and techniques used by e-businesses in the online dating industry. There will also be a rating of the three most common online dating networks, rating many areas of the site from ease of use to customer service accessibility.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Online Movie Marketing Films today are now relying more on the Internet for success at the box office and exposure for independent films. Today we are also seeing the copyright laws being pushed to the extreme. It is not uncommon to see the flash of a website at the end of a trailer for a major studio release, in fact is almost compulsory for any major studio to have its own website on the Internet. The Internet is really the only completely world wide marketing tool. "Also if the movie proves to be a success in any way, it will quite possibly spawn a number of unauthorized fan sites.... [tags: Technology Computers Papers]
2564 words (7.3 pages)
5- Articles, Webinars and Subject Lines
Every online marketer should become familiar with email marketing tools and resources. For example, advice and examples on effective email subject lines are available in a downloadable document. The subject line is the first thing a potential customer sees, and there is an art to creating a line that will entice the recipient to open the mail instead of deleting it. Free guides for things you should never do in an email campaign will point out things that are not readily apparent for the marketer. Another valuable tool is the how to guide for marketing on social networking sites. Dozens of articles and webinars will help deliver a higher return in online marketing.