The games developed were played electronically via the manipulation of images produced by a computer program on a display. While others were developed in such a way that players take on the roles of imaginary characters who engage in adventures but basically in a computerized setting (Oracle, 2011).
The role playing games are believed to be developed in the mid 1970’s. This was begun on the mainframe computers as offshoots of early university. There were different aspects or activities that are believed to have inspired the role-playing games. The aspects or activities that are believed to have inspired the development of the role playing games include; pen and paper, tabletops and writings by authors among others (Prix Junior, 2006).
The games were developed by different people from different backgrounds and origin. This led to the development of games that were culturally sensitive. This therefore led to the development of both the Japanese role playing games and the western role playing games. The online games mainly have different themes and this is what makes the game acceptable to different communities (Prix Junior, 2006).
In the industry of online video game and role playing games, the Japanese games are considered the most successful compared to the western games. The Japanese industry is viewed as console centric in the western world....
... middle of paper ...
...side of the technological changes are believed to be considering the effects of the change on the future. In most cases a technological change may be viewed negatively if it doesn’t consider the culture of the society or if assumed not to be culturally sensitive. Therefore, each culture always negotiates with technology considering what it gives or takes. Therefore it is true to conclude that a technological change is both a burden and a blessing but it is the decree that differs (Neil postman).
Neil Postman. Technology: The Surrender of Culture to Technology.
Prix Junior, (2006).The Most Significant Contribution of Technology Has Been to Make
People’s Lives’ more. Retrieved From: http://www.forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=134536
Oracle, (2011).Role Playing Video Game. Retrieved From:
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Thirdly, online games can facilitate communication with adolescent peers. Young people playing online games, often via the Internet to talk with their peers, and to cooperate with each other to carry out tasks in the game. When they succeed, it will absolutely build on each other's trust which promoted the development of friendship. When it comes to the disadvantages of online games, in addition to physical injuries, it also causes time and energy loss. People spending a lot of time to indulge in their online games; they don’t rest, skip meals just aiming to help their game characters to “upgrade” their abilities on the web game.... [tags: community, entertainment, technology]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- With the constant advancements in technology, there are several achievements that have been realized. The advancements are categorized as per the industry that they fall in. There are several advancements that have been realized and achieved in the entertainment industry. Among the achievements include the development of the video games and the role-playing games (Prix Junior, 2006). The games developed were played electronically via the manipulation of images produced by a computer program on a display.... [tags: Gaming]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- The world of online gaming has revolutionized within these past two decades. Because of gaming consoles such as the PlayStation 4, XBOX 1, and even digital platforms such as Steam, there are millions of players interacting with each other online. As technology advances so will online gaming. People tend to link online gaming with the self-pleasure of playing games to kill time or see it as an addiction; however, as the gaming world advances, online gaming can be much more than just playing games.... [tags: Massively multiplayer online game, Online game]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- The Massively Multiplayer Online Game or MMOG is an online game that incorporates over two people at the same time in a consistent or constant virtual world. "These worlds are the dreams of science fiction writers that are played by gamers who at times would be willing to pay a monthly fee." (Gamespy) Every year a new generation of MMOG’s come to the front, some stand tall while the rest are swept aside by the old favorites. In the past MMOG’s were just plain two dimensional pixeles, until the later years.... [tags: Video Games]
1817 words (5.2 pages)
- ... Because of the detailed game mechanics, you can jump in and start making ISK almost any way you want, bet here are a few of the most common things beginners do. 1. Mining Most players start with mining if they don't already know someone else who plays. The first ship you get comes with everything you need to get started and mining asteroids is a good way to familiarise yourself with the User Interface and controls, as well as bringing in ISK with low risk. Asteroids spawn in every system and their quality increases as you get into more dangerous space.... [tags: CCP, detailed video games, ]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- Advances in technology on the internet are making it a continually more ‘real’ experience for its users. To what extent are the places, relationships, communities and identities represented on the internet real. The increasing speed and efficiency with which humans can communicate within the online world has had an enormous effect on our culture. Furthermore the increasing reality in which Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing games (MMORPGs) represent human life online is affecting the way that humans interact with one another.... [tags: Online, video games, computer games]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Did the idea of a final prize motivate you. If so, how. What functionality/technology features of the gaming platform did you like or find interesting. Find frustrating. What were the biggest challenges you encountered in the process of playing the game. Do you think that this platform should be used in other courses. If so, what would be your recommendations. Students who weren’t present for the focus group were interviewed later by the instructors and the instructors also provided feedback based on their observations.... [tags: technology in enhancing the educational experience]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Subjects were also recruited from a number of websites that the University of Arizona Video Game Developers Club claimed that University of Arizona students had created small clubs for or were highly active in. The objective is to obtain a convenience sample of a minimum of 100 University of Arizona college students. This sample size is appropriate because the study must account for the vast number of multiplayer games that a respondent may participate in, which may have an impact on their communication skills.... [tags: communication behavior during videogame playing]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Blog 23 – 5 new online casino slot games that could take 2016 by storm If 2016 is going to be anything; it is going to the year of slots. The reason why is that developers are hard at work to not only create new titles, but breath a fresh lease of life into older games. Those who play at the likes of LeoVegas, Mr Green, Betsson, and 10bet are in prime position to experience online casino based entertainment unlike anything else over the next 12 months. If you play at a casino online and find yourself armed with the best casino online bonus, then these are the slots titles that should without question be on your radar this January.... [tags: Casino, Slot machine, Casino game, Casinos]
1765 words (5 pages)
- Problems with Internet Cafes and Online Games in Taiwan Asian countries have never been unfamiliar with gaming software. From the very beginning when Japanese companies developed various game councils, Asian countries, such as Hong Kong and Taiwan, became large markets for computer and video games. In addition to the spread of gaming system technology in Asia, countries like Taiwan, China, and South Korea that have abundant labor resources have developed sufficient, but inexpensive computer components and software in recent decades.... [tags: Computers]
4958 words (14.2 pages)