Society tendency wants us to believe that a set of love formula can guarantees successful relationship. Diverse advertising of online dating websites promote that online dating experience can bring to successful dates, however, I believe they never say that it leads to successful marriage or long term relationship. So does online dating makes successful relationship? It really depends on how you define a successful relationship. Are you looking for one time date or long term relationship like marriage?
Paul Aditi compares the outcome of relationship begins through online dating services verse offline for meeting partners in his article, ‘Is Online Better Than Offline for Meeting Partners? Depends: Are You Looking to Marry or to Date?’ The research investigates data of the different types of relationships being formed as a result of meeting matcher online versus offline, relationship dissolution rates in difference relationship type and predicts the odds of relationship dissolution based on whether couples met online or offline. (Paul Aditi)
Paul Aditi found that more than 60% couples who met online were in non-marital romantic relationships, and only a minority reported being married. (Paul Aditi, 666) There are some possible reasons to explain why online couples are more likely to stay in non-marital relationships ins...
... middle of paper ...
...at rooms. Online socializing has linked users with common interests for dating and gives access to individuals ' posted information which put people in to dangerous situation. (Clemmitt, M.) Scammers may use personal information or pictures to create a fake identity, or to con you with a scam. Scammer takes advantage of those people who looking for romantic relationship, through online dating websites by pretending as potential partner. They play on emotion and trust to get you to provide personal information or money. Additionally, online dating creates higher break up rate and lower percentage in marriage than offline dating because it provides too many open options for single and relationship initiated online often takes more time to develop than relationship initiated traditionally because some of the negative stigma given by online dating, such as falsification.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Based on a research of Online Dating & Relationships, Smith and Duggan stated that the ways of finding partners have been changed with the times. In the past, people used matchmaking, arranged marriages and printed personal ads. With the rapid technology advancement, there are alternative methods - online dating sites and smart phone dating apps. To compare with the people who date traditionally, people who date online are active to choose their dream man or woman by browsing the others profiles (9).... [tags: finding partners, traditional dating]
1593 words (4.6 pages)
- Have you ever tried to date someone online before. In America, online dating is becoming popular, 66% of online daters have gone on a date with someone who they met online, and 23% of them have actually met their spouses. In “Online Dating Odds Getting Better”, Katherine P. Harvey describes the improvements of online dating services in matchmaking industry. More people are able to find their mate through online dating. Most of the profits made by dating companies come from online and mobile dating services provide a lot of creative services.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- When thinking back on my past experiences in the dating scene, it’s crazy to see how much things have changed over the years. About ten years ago, I would have never thought that online dating would have grown to be as popular as it is today. It was considered a risky and almost taboo thing to do in the beginning. Now it seems that online dating services are just about everywhere. From the bigger dating services providers, such as E-Harmony and Zoosk, to the smaller services such as online personal classifieds, social media, and phone apps, it’s easier than ever to find and meet people who are interested in dating.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Online Dating Sometime you should take a chance and try new things. Meeting new people, the traditional way is outdated. Now, everybody is trying these online websites. I personally try online dating, and it took me a lot of emails to find that one person that I would give my time to. Yes, I did find someone, but we are better off as friends than lovers. There are so many different types of online sites that you could choose from that fits your daily life. Online dating is the new generation of meeting new people, and most of these sites cost money, have daily communication, and the outcome can be good or bad.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, EHarmony]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- Imagine a world without internet. There would be no emails, no Facebook, no eBay, amongst other things. Even a simple task as booking a flight or a hotel would have to be done over the phone. To think about it… life as we know it would just not be the same. This new day and age has brought us to a point where it’s possible to find virtually anything on the internet, even love. Yes, online dating has become the new revolutionary way of finding your soul mate (Houran, & Lange, 2004), and it is to no surprise since it’s easy, provides more options and is growing each and every day.... [tags: internet, online dating, ]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- Introduction Online dating has changed the way people look for romantic partners. With websites like match.com, okcupid and even mobile sites like tinder finding a partner is only a few clicks away. These sites make it easy for the users to change small things like height, weight and even make their profession sound better. With the rise of photoshop the the ability to find any photograph on the internet, many online daters are cautious when using the sites. “In a survey of online dating users, over 80% of participants registered concerns that others misrepresent themselves” (Gibbs, Ellison, & Heino, 2006), and, in another large-scale survey, “deception was identified as the biggest perceiv... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Online identity]
1801 words (5.1 pages)
- The days of waiting for the special someone to come waltzing into your life have long gone. The internet has given a new outlook to dating. With the availability of free online dating services you could be talking with someone in a matter of minutes. When you date online the amount of people available for you to meet is endless. There are benefits to this form of dating, but there are also many negative aspects to be aware of before venturing out to the world of online dating. Due to the site you are considering being free to join, anyone will have access to joining.... [tags: Online Dating Services. tips, ]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- ... There are also websites that tend to be a bit more intimate. These intimate websites are for people looking for like-minded adults with sexy photos, seeking affairs, discrete relationships, shared sexual fetish and sexual encounters. Usually once the person has found what dating site they want to use, they person starts off by creating a profile, after that they design their profile by inputting information about themselves, post pictures, biography, interests, likes and dislikes, and what type of partner they are seeking.... [tags: matching, sincles, parntener, communication]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- Online Dating Some people today feel they cannot meet someone in their everyday lives so they turn to the internet to find a prospective partner, people us the internet as a way of meeting new people Online dating has become the new way of finding your soul mate The internet has made dating more convenient you no longer to have to go out to a bar and spend money trying to impress or you really don’t have, for people who are shy this is the perfect way to screen a potential in the privacy. I thought I would never talk to someone online nor consider being in a relationship statistics predict more than 100,000 marriages take place through the internet, caution is needed all websites are not saf... [tags: profiles, internet, e-mails]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- Traditional and Internet Dating At some point in our lives where we are searching for that special someone. The methods of going about dating have changed quite dramatically over the years. Going out has grown from traditional dating, to internet 'dating', to group dating. Traditional Dating has changed over the years. In my generation the girls can ask the guys, there is no telling where they might go on a date, or they might just hang out at home, which did not happen as much 25 years ago.... [tags: Dating Social Values Changes Essays]
692 words (2 pages)
- Gene Function During Development Is Important For Understanding Development ( Library Of Medicine, 2015 )
- Case Study : Alternative Marketing Options
- My Parents Met At College
- Patient Care Technician At Overlake Medical Center
- Hiv Prevalence Between Men And Women
- Political Culture Is Broadly Shared Values, Beliefs, And Attitudes