Firstly, internet helps people from all around the world to connect with each other. By using online dating, we can meet people from different countries, generations or social circles. It provides you with more chances to meet new people, makes it easier to find someone who meets your criteria, at the same time it saves you time to go around and search for your potential spouse. (Online dating odds getting better, 28)
Secondly, online dating sites usually require user’s personal informations and pictures. As you read others profiles and sharing your personally interests or hobbies online, you should be able to find someone who is passionated on the same thing as you do. (Online dating and relationship, 80) At the same time, you can eliminate people who you are not compatible with or not interested in.
... middle of paper ...
... chatting with them online. You might not have that feeling of love but at least you make a new friend. Avoid starting a relationship before you meet he/she in person.
Online dating is getting more common. You may started to notice that more and more people around you are using it. In my opinion, online dating is going to be the main trend of dating and it is going to replace the traditional in-person blind dating. There are a lot of rooms for improvement of those dating sites or apps out there but all the advantages makes it attractive. You have to be careful and cautious when using these sites, just like when you are using the internet. Don’t spend too much time on it and avoid expensive dating sites which are useless and worthless of that price. As long as we can follow these rules, online dating will definitely be a good way to find a potential spouse.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Have you ever tried to date someone online before. In America, online dating is becoming popular, 66% of online daters have gone on a date with someone who they met online, and 23% of them have actually met their spouses. In “Online Dating Odds Getting Better”, Katherine P. Harvey describes the improvements of online dating services in matchmaking industry. More people are able to find their mate through online dating. Most of the profits made by dating companies come from online and mobile dating services provide a lot of creative services.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- ... To help further his legitimacy, Brooks uses research from Katelyn McKenna and others which indicates that “Internet relationships are at least as powerful as relationships that begin face to face” (222). The language in his essay stays topic-oriented by quoting women from their dating profiles (222), discussing various dating sites (221), and using statistics and research related to online dating (221-222). Kantor’s thesis, “Online Dating isn’t perfect. But until someone manages to reinvent the uniquely satisfying social life of Austen’s Regency England, computer matchmaking is at least a way to apply some prudence to the pursuit of passion” (07a), is similar to Brooks’ thesis because it... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- ... This test is used to match people with personalities that "lead to long lasting stable relationships." Plenty of Fish matches users with people who meet their emotional needs. How does Plenty of Fish know the personal needs of their users. Well, users take another test that tells them "what [they] need in a relationship, where [they] screwed up in past relationships and [they are given] a customized action plan to make [their] next relationship successful." On each profile, users provide information about which sex they are seeking, if they consume alcohol, what their marital status is, what color of hair they have, if they have a car, what their longest relationship was, and much more i... [tags: Online dating service, EHarmony, Online dating]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- Love has been around since the beginning of time and for as long as romantic relationships have been around; people have tried various ways of meeting one another. The mid-1990s marked the start of online dating and since then has evolved into a much more common method of dating. Online dating is typically taken advantage of in one of two ways. Some people prefer to create their own profile and rely on themselves to choose their mate choice, while others allow the online dating services to create matches between the online subscribers.... [tags: attraction, internet, romantic relatioships]
1681 words (4.8 pages)
- ... They are narcissists to the extreme, with a huge sense of entitlement.” (The Romantic Sociopath 2013) The next sign your online date could be a sociopath is they are overly attentive. In the beginning they fawn all over you, for instance, they make you feel like you are the only one in the room. As Andersen (2012) explains, “If you are targeted by a sociopath’s new romantic interest, it’s quite possible that you will be showered with more attention, adoration, and maybe even gifts than you’ve ever experienced” (p.... [tags: trolling for victims, internet, social media]
1572 words (4.5 pages)
- Online Dating Some people today feel they cannot meet someone in their everyday lives so they turn to the internet to find a prospective partner, people us the internet as a way of meeting new people Online dating has become the new way of finding your soul mate The internet has made dating more convenient you no longer to have to go out to a bar and spend money trying to impress or you really don’t have, for people who are shy this is the perfect way to screen a potential in the privacy. I thought I would never talk to someone online nor consider being in a relationship statistics predict more than 100,000 marriages take place through the internet, caution is needed all websites are not saf... [tags: profiles, internet, e-mails]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- The dating world has evolved tremendously over the year, more now than ever with technology. Today Americans are increasingly looking for love online through online dating sites and mobile dating apps. Data from the Pew internet reveals that 15% of Americans have used online dating (Smith,2016). A recent study showed that 542 people married every day in U.S due to the famous online dating site eHarmony. On average, through eHarmony more than 1 million Non-married people said they were in faithful relationships with an eHarmony match.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Internet dating is one of the most popular ways to meet a potential person that meets your needs for your ideal relationship. For a love bases, online relationships are just ridiculous. The starting idea of internet dating was to get to know someone without knowing what they look like, to create chemistry with another person without considering looks. If you scan those sites you’ll see unrealistic looking girls or even boys as their profile picture. Even so with their personal profile, most people will create false information to suit a person that is more likely to get matches or interests.... [tags: Internet Dating, Internet Relationships]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- A Brief History of Courtship "Courtship takes many forms, depending mainly on the point in history and the culture in which it exists" (Cate, 1992) Many popular love songs claim that being in love is similar to being under a magical spell. Some state that "all you need is love," and still others affirm that "love lifts us up where we belong." People dream about finding their one and only soul mate, and in this day and age, the pursuit for love and happiness is closer to home than ever before......in fact, it's only a mouse-click away.... [tags: Internet Date Singles]
2917 words (8.3 pages)
- Online Dating The Internet has always seemed like a completely separate world, very different from reality. There seemed to be so many endless possibilities. One is the new online dating craze, which has caught my attention a number of times. One rainy afternoon, curled up in a blanket at my computer chair, I decided to investigate it. I learned that as many of the baby-boomers start to become widowed or divorced, many are looking for mates, along with many others who are looking for companionship.... [tags: Internet Cyberspace Technology Essays]
3091 words (8.8 pages)