.1. Why do some people advertise themselves for a date in a newspaper or online?
There are an endless number of reasons why people put ads out for dating, which are anywhere from convenience, to time since most of us have very busy schedules. It also allows people to get themselves out to a specific group that may or may not have been able to reach without this source. Many people don’t like the bar scene and feel it to be a somewhat more secure way of getting out there to perhaps meet new people with the possibility of meeting “the one”. For myself personally I am on a few dating sites for basically all the reasons which I have listed above. Generally the schedule I keep does not permit ample time to get out of my circle to meet new people that I may possibly care to date. In some situations it might be, a good way for more shy people to get into circulation in the dating world because it gives them a port of entry that is non- threatening nor is it as intrusive. Nonetheless this still poses many dilemmas and challenges to most that are engaging in the online dating lifestyles.
2. What could be an advantage and a disadvantage to this dating strategy?
There are some really favorable reasons for this strategy as well as some which are not so favorable. On the plus side, it is a fantastic way of screening a person want or does not want to correspond and possibly meet up with. You get a chance to talk with someone before actually doing a face to face meeting which is great so there are less feelings of rejection. You get to usually see pictures of the person you are corresponding with to see if a possible spark ignites between the two. Many individuals also do video chats to make certain that the person they are chatting with i...
... middle of paper ...
...ally stable woman with a fulltime job, own my own painting business and have my own home, truck and motorcycle. I am also a fulltime student at A.S.U. majoring in Communication and will have by B.A. by next December. I have knowledge of many things through life’s experiences as well. These are my bargaining chips that I offer up in a possible dating or relationship scenario. (2012).When looking for a partner in a relationship I look for what they have to offer in exchange for what I have to offer which helps greatly in the online dating field, it’s a form of a bartering tool I guess when seeking a partner. I might like someone yet they have no job, no home and no drive to be better and in reality would not be someone I would pursue or allow to pursue me.
Lamanna, M. A., & Riedmann, A. (2012). Marriages, Families, and Relationships. (11 ed., p. 36).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Online dating is becoming increasingly popular and millions of people around the world participate in some form of online dating. Advancements in technology have made dating as easy as swiping left or right on a user’s dating profile or sending an instant message to a stranger and setting up a date seconds later (Gardner, 2012). Even though online dating seems like an innovative and revolutionary way to meet a potential romantic partner, there is a downside to online dating. As online dating becomes more common, the obvious problem of poor communication because of online dating becomes worse and worse.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Online identity]
853 words (2.4 pages)
Online Dating : An Insight Of The Dangers And The Risky Situations When They Are Interacting With Strangers
- The article provides an insight of the dangers and some of the risky situations that online daters can encounter when they are interacting with strangers. Twenty nine participants between 18 years to 70 years were interviewed using thematic analysis between November 2008 and November 2009. Over thirteen months, 27 of the interviews was via instant messaging and the other remaining two preferred to participate via email. Twelve participants were women and seventeen were men. The instant messaging interview took between one to three hours and the email interview lasted between seven and 14 days.... [tags: Sexually transmitted disease]
1039 words (3 pages)
- We are exposed to commercials every day, but we rarely realize their true impact on us. They can influence us to buy things we don 't need, to vote a way we might not normally vote, and to desire a lifestyle that we wouldn 't necessarily agree with. I stayed on a Friday night around 3am watching Sleepless in Seattle which came on before the reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians on E. The commercials I chose were products and services that catered to singles and couples by offering alternatives for traditional shopping and dating behaviours AdoreMe, BlackPeopleMeet.com and LiveLinks, an adult chat line service.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- What would you do if you found out your new date was a millionaire, would it cause you to immediately fall head over heels in love with them. Would you rush to get engaged or married because of their monetary worth. Some people would because of their materialistic tendencies and commercial behavior, but under no circumstance does this mean these new people love one another. Money is able to buy you a new house or a new car, but it certainly cannot buy you love. Love is not a commodity or good to be purchased.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system, Love]
1804 words (5.2 pages)
- Have you ever tried to date someone online before. In America, online dating is becoming popular, 66% of online daters have gone on a date with someone who they met online, and 23% of them have actually met their spouses. In “Online Dating Odds Getting Better”, Katherine P. Harvey describes the improvements of online dating services in matchmaking industry. More people are able to find their mate through online dating. Most of the profits made by dating companies come from online and mobile dating services provide a lot of creative services.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- Outside World seems to suggest that online dating not only benefit in meeting partner, but also leads relationship to marriage in higher rate than offline couple. However, Paul Aditi explains that people who meet online may more likely to involve in dating and relationship than traditional meeting, but the breakup rate seems to be higher in online dating than relationship that met through offline. (Paul Aditi, 664) Society tendency wants us to believe that a set of love formula can guarantees successful relationship.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Dating, the starting point where two individuals look forward to a romance. Romance is the second stage where love begins, which will eventually lead to a marriage. The question is, where can it start. People are often looking for someone to date, but where they begin has many options. Online dating is one of many choices that allow us as people to experience one thing that many desire, a shot at love. As a Aziz Ansari, author of the book Modern Romance, points out, you can meet someone through a friend, or a family member, or even through work or church(pg 81).... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- There is no way to eliminate internet dangers completely, but there are ways to significantly reduce them. People continuously lie on their online dating profiles to make themselves more attractive to others. With the security feature of background checks this problem would be eliminated. Jeffrey Marsalis was able to present himself online as a fireman, trauma surgeon, and even an astronaut; this would not be possible if all online dating websites provided background checks on his information (Peters).... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Online identity]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- On a Tuesday evening you were off work and decided to download the latest dating app your friends would not stop talking about. You tell yourself you have nothing better to do and had no plans that night, so how bad could it really be. Within 30 minutes you are already matching others, some of which you considered to be out of your league, but you take it as a compliment and message a few people. Things lead to another and you go on a date after talking to a guy for a week. Yes, a week. Online dating has increased in popularity over the past decade and some would argue this is the new and improved way to find your Prince Charming, while others feel there are too many barriers are risks invol... [tags: Online dating service, EHarmony, Online dating]
1644 words (4.7 pages)
- The dating world has evolved tremendously over the year, more now than ever with technology. Today Americans are increasingly looking for love online through online dating sites and mobile dating apps. Data from the Pew internet reveals that 15% of Americans have used online dating (Smith,2016). A recent study showed that 542 people married every day in U.S due to the famous online dating site eHarmony. On average, through eHarmony more than 1 million Non-married people said they were in faithful relationships with an eHarmony match.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
896 words (2.6 pages)