The nano-biotechnology research field shown fast growth over the past decades, utilizing gold nanoparticles (AuNPs) in biological applications, due to their unique surface, optical and electronic properties [1,2]. Thus, new research in nano-synthesis, design, and functionalization of AuNPs have to, improve their efficiency, bio-compatibility, and find new applications to mature the nanotechnology discipline. Several scientific reports have appeared in the last decade that are highlighting the cytotoxicity of AuNPs [3,4]. Some researchers have been demonstrated that the different toxicity pattern of AuNPs obtained from different...
... middle of paper ...
... situ synthesized discrete Au nanoparticles. Langmuir 2012; 28: 5947−5955.
 Iosin M, Toderas F, Baldeck PL, Astilean S, Study of protein–gold nanoparticle conjugates by fluorescence and surface-enhanced Raman scattering. J Mol Struct 2009; 196: 924–926.
 Chen PC, Mwakwari SC, Oyelere AK. Gold nanoparticles: from nanomedicine to nanosensing. Nanotechnol Sci Appl 2008; 1: 45–66.
 Jong WH, Borm PJ. Drug delivery and nanoparticles: applications and hazards. Int J Nanomedicine 2008; 3: 133–149.
 Uboldi C, Bonacchi D, Lorenzi G, Hermanns MI, Pohl C, Baldi G, Unger RE, Kirkpatrick CJ. Gold nanoparticles induce cytotoxicity in the alveolar type-II cell lines A549 and NCIH441. Part Fibre Toxicol 2009; 22: 1−12.
 Jatariu A, Peptu C, Popa M, Indrei A. Micro− and nanoparticles−medical applications. Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi. 2009; 113:1160−1169.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Over the last decade, nanoparticles have been paid much attention due to their special physical and chemical properties. This interest is because the properties of them are different from their bulk material. More specifically, gold nanoparticles can be used in many fields: semiconductors, biosensors, catalysis and biomedicine (1). It can be synthesized by a number of different methods such as, by radiation (2), Vapor deposition (3), electrochemically (4) and thermal decomposition (5). In addition, it can be attached to carbon nanotubes to synthesis a functional hybrid great metal/CNTs catalytic material.... [tags: X-ray Irradiation, Gold particles]
650 words (1.9 pages)
- Overview In recent years, bionanotechnology has gained great interest and research areas due to nanotechnology’s big opportunity for many applications in nanoscales. Bioengineers, nanoengineers, physicists, chemists and so on are working on this multidisciplinary task. In this assignment, the objective of the prospective study, literature review of milestones or primary objectives and the importance of drug delivery systems are explained. A new usage of gold nanoparticles as a drug delivery method to prevent heart attack is discussed, and possible advantages are shown.... [tags: Heart, Artery, Myocardial infarction]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Keyword cancer biology treatment using nanoparticles WO2016/134002 A1 Compositions and methods for nanoparticle-based drug delivery and imaging Nanotechnology is a new and diverse field in the fight to eradicate cancer. Coupling of current chemotherapeutic treatments teamed with ligand targeted nanoparticles, where cytotoxic drugs can be specifically administered to the cancer target cells (2,3). Overexpression of receptors, particularly on the cancer cell surface markers are purely nanoparticles functionalized with ligands, allowing for minimal damage to healthy cells (2).... [tags: Cancer, Chemotherapy, Prostate cancer, Oncology]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Stavudine (1-[(2R, 5S)-5-(hydroxyl methyl)-2, 5-dihydrofuran-2-yl]-5-methyl-1, 2, 3, 4-tetrahydropyrimidine-2, 4-Dione) is a nucleoside analog reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NARTI) active against HIV. This drug bears some significant draw backs such as relatively short half-life, low bio availability poor permeability and undesirable side effects. To overcome these draw backs could be association with nano scaled drug carriers have emerged as a bridge linking nanotechnology and advanced drug delivery involving nan scaled materials such as liposomes, microspheres, polymeric shells , nanoparticles ,carbon nanotubes and carbon nano horns.... [tags: nanoparticles, delivery, AuNps ]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- New methods for identification and treatment of cancer cells continue to be investigated. Colon cancer, one of the leading causes of cancer death in the United States, has been used in samples to identify and treat in certain studies. Through previous studies, treatments for people with colon cancer have been utilized, but the treatments still present issues associated with the treatment of cancers. The proper identification of cancer cells and the high toxicity associated with some of the treatments are two of those issues.... [tags: colon cancer, nanoparticles, epcam]
1385 words (4 pages)
- ... The process for synthesizing these rods was done by use of the seed-mediated growth method, but with limited alterations.0.0005M auric acid contained in 0.2M cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTAB) was reduced at room temperature to give rise to small nanoparticles sized 5 nm as the seed solution. This was followed by preparation of a 100 lm growth solution by reducing 0.001M auric acid in a solution containing 0.2M CTAB, 0.15M Benzyldimethylhexadecyl-ammonium chloride (BDAC), and 0.004M silver salt at 70 µL of 0.0788 ascorbic acid.... [tags: cancer research, dseadly disease]
830 words (2.4 pages)
Tetrapods-like Shape Metal-Semiconductor Nanocomposites Synthesis, Characterization and Photo-Catalytic Applications: Au-CdSe Case
- Although the physico-chemical properties of metal-semiconductor hybrid nanostructures are strongly dependent on their size, shape, composition, and spatial distribution of each component, the find out of new synthetic routes for these hybrid nanostructures has become increasingly important. Several attempts has been devoted in order to obtain different architectures from metal-semiconductor nanocomposites, especially Au-CdSe heterostructure.1-16 In case of nobel metal nanoparticles (NPs) tipped semiconductor quantum rods; Liang et al.1 represents a facile method for synthesis of Au-AgCdSe hybrid nanorods (NRs) through the deposition of silver (Ag) tips at the ends of Au NRs as a seed solutio... [tags: electric and electronic engineering]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- POLYMEROSOMES- PREPARATION,PROPERTIES AND APPLICATIONS Nanotechnology: It covers the potential applications of all nano-sized materials(1 to 100nm) in diverse fields ranging from material science,medicine etc.It deals with exploitation of nanoparticles which exhibit enhanced properties with change in size like conductivity.high surface area etc,which makes them more reactive and exciting to work with.It has become a revolutionary field by reducing bulky items down to nano-level ,thus augmenting their potential.... [tags: nanoparticles, nanoclusters]
2783 words (8 pages)
- Keyword cancer biology and treatment using nanoparticles. WO2016/134002 A1. Compositions and methods for nanoparticle-based drug delivery and imaging. Scientific summary. (100 words) Nanotechnology is a new and diverse field in the fight to eradicate cancer. Coupling of current chemotherapeutic treatments teamed with ligand targeted nanoparticles, where cytotoxic drugs can be specifically administered to the cancer target cells (2,3). Overexpression of receptors, particularly on the cancer cell surface markers are purely nanoparticles functionalized with ligands, allowing for minimal damage to healthy cells (2).... [tags: Cancer, Chemotherapy, Oncology, Nanotechnology]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- ... flavipes (MTCC 1990), A. brevipes (MTCC 1988), A. ochraceus (MTCC 1877) and A.versicolor (MTCC 1759), were obtained from the Microbial Type Culture Collection and Gene Bank, Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, India, and were routinely maintained in the laboratory on PDA slants (pH 5.6) at 28 °C with regular sub-culturing on fresh media. The stock cultures (5 days old) were grown in Potato Dextrose Broth (PDB) at 28 °C on a rotary shaker (120 rpm) for 96 h. The biomass was harvested by filtration using Whatman filter paper No.... [tags: biomass, cultures, characteristics]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- Parents are Responsible for their Children's Diet
- Isolation Comparison between Heart of Darkness and Frankenstein
- A Case for Promoting more Open Migration Policies
- Spanish Anti-terrorism and the Basque Society
- Gregory Lee Johnson's Freedom Court Case
- The Importance of Rhetoric and Discussion of Freedom of Speech