The one minute manager is a brief story about young man who is looking for an excellent manager. He meets and interviews a lot of managers but all of them do not have a perfect managing and leading skills. Once, he meets a one minute manager, who is effective and efficient, autocratic and democratic and greatly described by his employees. Young man asks him to reveal his secrets and share the way of successful manager. One minute manager responses that there are only three secrets and he would be glad to share them.
The secret number one is one minute goal. During one minute meeting set a clearly defined goals and write them on paper using no more than 250 words. It gives you an opportunity to reread it several times in one minute. The main point of it to make sure that everyone understands own responsibility and avoids inefficiency at work.
The second secret is one minute praising. Most of the managers try to catch their employees when they do something wrong. However, one minute praising means catch employees when they doing something right and prai...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Summary of the One Minute Manager The One Minute Manager Ken Blanchard and Spencer Johnson are the great Authors one’s among the all and describes the plight of a young manager who is not having success. However, he hears about a Successful manager who is so Effective that he has Time to Spare. The One Minute Manager is an Effective Tool for Developing Leadership.... [tags: goal setting, praisings, reprimands]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- The book "Leadership and The One Minute Manager" is a series of book on topic One Minute Manager has been written by Ken Blanchard along with Patricia and Drea Zigarmi. Its first edition was written in 1985 and later on updated in the year 2013. The author in order to make the topic interesting and easy apprehending has formulated in a style of short story in such a way to convey basic and important skills of leadership and management required by any leader or Managers to get maximum results from their staff/team members.... [tags: Management, Leadership, ManaGeR]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- “The One Minute Manager” describes how people produce valuable results, and feel good about themselves, the organization and the other people with whom they work. The book one minute manager is all about managing skills of a person who may be a manager or a customer or a job worker. According to the young man who searches for a perfect manager, of all the managers he met, everyone fell into either of the 2 categories that is either an autocrat or a democrat. An autocrat concerns about his customers welfare even though his company tastes or experiences bad results.... [tags: goal setting, praising, repriminds]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- The Self Leadership and The One Minute Manager is an excellent book. I felt that the other does an excellent job of sharing a story that connects the reader with three rules of self-leadership, development continuum and the leadership style that support the development continuum. The thesis of this journal is to share the lessons learned form the book, concepts of self-leadership that can be applied, goal setting, and the connection between Kotters eight-stage process of creating change connects with self-leadership.... [tags: Goal, Management, Goal setting, Leadership]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- BetVictor Casino allows every member to go for gold. It is the event that everyone is talking about, as Olympics fever is currently sweeping across the globe. Given that sports fans can’t seem to get enough of Rio 2016, it only makes sense that online casinos such as BetVictor Casino get into the spirit of the occasion. Launching a fresh new promotion, which is aptly titled “Going for Gold”, what awaits at the end of these 3 sporting-themed casino events are a selection of medal-laden prizes. Kicking things off is “Event 1”, which is Synchronised Spinning.... [tags: Summer Olympic Games, Olympic Games]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- In The One Minute Manager, Kenneth Blanchard and Spencer Johnson outline three vital secrets to guarantee efficient and productive management. The techniques of one minute management involve a young man seeking the ideal management and leadership skills. The One Minute manager places a lot of emphasis on focus, rather than being a one minute manager. Blanchard & Spencer (2005) consider the one minute manager as a vulnerable leader, who is mostly spoken of by his or her subordinates; however, the identified three secrets are the key to successful management and leadership.... [tags: Management, Goal, Interpersonal relationship]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- Analysis of The One Minute Manager by Kenneth Blanchard and Spencher Johnson The One Minute Manager by Kenneth Blanchard, Ph.D. and Spencer Johnson, M.D., seems like a practical simple plan on managing people and there for other areas of one’s life, however I must admit I am a little skeptical. The three philosophies do make sense especially once analogies are used to put them into more simple terms. Being in the work force for more than fourteen years I have witnessed many types of mangers. I have worked for hostile managers, calm caring managers and managers who fit somewhere in between.... [tags: Philosophy Philosophies Workforce Essays]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- On week four of my preceptorship clinical, I had an amazing experience and got the chance to follow a case manager for one day. According to Monica (case manager that I followed Wednesday), a case manager is the person who gets a report from the nurses on the unit and arranges discharge arrangements for those patients on the unit. Before following Monica, I had no idea what goes on with the discharge planning but thanks to Monica for informing and teaching more about the discharge planning. On Wednesday our day started with a meeting with all of the other case managers in the hospital and their manger.... [tags: Nursing, Patient, Nursing home, Patience]
1602 words (4.6 pages)
- A person, full of responsibility and the same level of authority required completing a project. If a person does not have high levels of both responsibility and authority then it will not be a ‘Project Manager’. The title ‘Project Manager’ has come to be used generically to describe anyone given responsibility to complete a project. Also, it describes the activities that meet specific objectives and be used to introduce or improve new or existing products and services. As a Project Manager, if he could prove excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, he will be able to improve his skill to co-ordinate and handle his project.... [tags: Leadership, Interpersonal Skills, Manager]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- "Enormous Changes at the Last Minute:" Postmodern Humanism in the Short Fiction of Grace Paley(1) On the jacket of her second book of short stories, Enormous Changes at the Last Minute, Grace Paley, a feminist, postmodernist, antiwar activist, and writer, identifies herself as a "somewhat combative pacifist and cooperative anarchist." In 1979, she was arrested on the White House lawn for demonstrating against nuclear weapons, and her rÃ©sumÃ© is full of such protest-related arrests. Paley's statement in a 1998 interview with the online magazine Salon is typical: "Whatever your calling is, whether it's as a plumber or an artist, you have to make sure there's a little more justice in the wo... [tags: Grace Paley Enormous Last Minute Essays]
2675 words (7.6 pages)
- Democratic Ideologies Of The United States
- India 's Achieving The Millennium Development Goal
- Evaluating Presidents ' Performance Often Poses Challenges For Political Experts
- The Ending Of The Book
- I Have Learned During My Clinical Rotation As A Volunteer With Chi
- Public Policy Of The New York City Area