“I never would mistreat you, oh I’m not a criminal, I speak a different language but I still hear you call. Diana, let me be the one to light a fire inside those eyes, you’ve been lonely, you don’t even know me, but I can feel you crying. Diana, let me be the one to lift your heart up and save your life, I don’t think you’d even realize baby you’d be saving mine” (“Diana”- One Direction, A-Z Lyrics). The song “Diana,” that One Direction wrote is quite strong. Diana stands for a girl, more specifically their fans. There are many girls that struggle with themselves, and also with their social life. “I never would mistreat you”; this part of the lyrics are very self- explanatory. One Direction are letting girls know that they we would never mistreat them. “Oh I’m not a criminal, I speak a different language but I still hear you call,” the band is letting girls know that they are not “criminals” or bullies. They hear their call even if they speak different languages. “Diana, let me be the one to light a fire inside those eyes, you’ve been lonely, you don’t even know me, but I can feel you crying.” Here, One Direction is asking their fans for permission to give them hope to keep them alive and safe. The band is also letting the girls know that they know that they have been lonely, and even if the girls don’t know them in person they can feel them crying. “Diana, let me be the one to lift your heart up and save your life, I don’t think you’d even realize baby you’d be saving mine.” With these powerful lyrics the band is asking the girls to let them lift their heart and make them feel better. [To let them save their lives.]They also mention to the girls that they do not even know that they themselves...
... middle of paper ...
...eo's & more Pop Scoop! – Pop News | Interviews | Celebrity Gossip | Photos | Videos." Pop Scoop!. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Apr. 2014.
Trudon, Taylor. "Liam Payne And Harry Styles Fight Cancer: Boy Band Members Team Up To Raise Money For Awareness (VIDEO)." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 9 July 2013. Web. 13 Apr. 2014.
"Wikia." One Direction Wiki. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Apr. 2014.
"Zayn Malik - One Direction raise £7,000 for charity." Zayn Malik. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Apr. 2014.
"looktothestars.com." - looktothestars Resources and Information. This website is for sale!. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Niall loved to perform in his schools plays and sang in the choir. He also enjoyed sports , especially football and derby. Liam James Payne was born on August 29, 1993, in Wolverhampton. He lived with his father Geoff, mother Karen, and two sisters Nicola and Ruth Payne. He was very interested in sports and music growing up. He was a member of Wolverhampton & Bilston Athletics Club and trained as a runner.He also had previously auditioned for xfactor in 2008 but did not make it through to the live shows.... [tags: band, guys, artists, aution]
539 words (1.5 pages)
- January 6, 1973, famous anthropologist Margaret Mead published an essay in TV Guide in which she addressed her view of PBS’s series “An American Family.” This series was groundbreaking during that time because is followed the Loud’s, a California family who were neither actors nor public figures just average middle-class family, which was unheard of at the time. The Louds were filmed for seven months and the product was twelve one-hour episodes which showed everything from the monotony of their everyday life to the corrosion of Bill and Pat Loud’s marriage.... [tags: One Direction boy band, molding public opinion]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Blair’s Band Building Blocks Balancing the building blocks of maintaining a solid foundation is difficult in the music industry. The music business is a finicky commerce where success can be squandered the second a band signs the contracts on their record deal. Conversely, a great deal of hungry artists simply needs to learn the rules of the game. Trevor Blair owner/C.E.O. of Revolutionary Entertainment provides a myriad of opportunities for musicians to flourish in the finicky trade and make them more accountable to the community who supports them.... [tags: Music]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Forget about One Direction, Simple Plan is the absolute best. They’re the best for so many reasons. To name a few, their songs are relatable, They care about their fans, they donate to charity and they are all great guys. That’s just a few reasons. The band is made up of 5 guys from Montreal, Canada. For the past 14 years, the members have been Sebastien Lefebvre, Pierre Bouvier, Chuck Comeau and David Desrosiers. “What’s the point of fighting over little things if it can break up the big thing?” Sebastien said in an interview.... [tags: fans, music, charity]
609 words (1.7 pages)
- Imagine being put together as a band with total strangers and blowing up social media and having millions of fans all around the world and saving thousands of teenage girls’ lives by just being there and making music. That band I love was formed about four years ago on July 23, 2010 they are a British-Irish boy band known as One Direction. There are five members of the group, Harry Styles (from Cheshire, England) Niall Horan (from Westmeath, Ireland), Liam Payne (from Wolverhampton, England), Louis Tomlinson (from Doncaster, England), Zayn Malik (from Bradford, England).... [tags: band, voices, posters]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- One of the concerts that I have attended was One Direction’s. One direction was formed by a group of boys from London in 2010. These young men were also known as Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. The band started off from a British talent show on television called the X Factor. During the audition, the boys were eliminated as individuals, but Simon Cowell saw great potential in these young men as a group. He decided to make it happen by giving them another chance to perform together, and indeed they became famous ever since the formation of the English-Irish boy band One Direction.... [tags: Concert Report Essays]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Why Marching Band is a Sport. What do you consider a sport. Go back 30 years ago. Most schools only had your typical sports, like football and basketball. Today, most schools have more options for students. More extra curricular activities today are being considered sports, like bowling and golf. If those activities can be sports, why is marching band not considered a sport. While some people think marching band is not a sport, marching band is a sport, because it has physical exercise, professional bands, competitions and after school practices.... [tags: High school, Extracurricular activity, The Band]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- “Five dollars dude”, a gruff sounding man says while an equally gruff looking bouncer checks over my I.D. I pull the money out of my wallet and hand it to him in exchange for a wristband, or stamp of some kind, signifying that I’ve paid and am of age. I walk into the venue; dark, noisy and crowded. The smell burns at my nostrils and my ears ring with the echoes of chants and screams. Then he appears on stage; his name: Kevin Barton; his band: Tabernacle. Like a reaper and his servants preparing you for the journey, seemingly to the gates of hell, the crowd waits with anticipation.... [tags: Music, Band, Religion]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- The majority of people in society believe they are meant to do certain things in their lives. Some believe they are meant to teach others, or heal, and some believe they are meant to create something. The feeling that one must be creating art in the form of sound is a common character trait amongst those who join bands. The reasons men and women become a part of musical groups are similar in most cases if not the same. Musicians seek out music for similar reasons and join together to play music in groups because of this.... [tags: punk rock, musician, musical band, equality]
2409 words (6.9 pages)
- A Great Big World made its second appearance at the World Cafe Philly on 1/29. They have had quite a run since they were here last year. A record contract with Epic , a recording of “Say Something” with Christine Aguilera, an appearance on the American Music Awards and Victoria Secret Fashion Show are among the exciting things A Great Big World experienced this past year. Additionally, they have appeared on the Tonight Show and Live with Kelly & Michael. They just released their frist album, Is There Anybody Out There.... [tags: band, music, country rock, pop]
590 words (1.7 pages)