One of the concerts that I have attended was One Direction’s. One direction was formed by a group of boys from London in 2010. These young men were also known as Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. The band started off from a British talent show on television called the X Factor. During the audition, the boys were eliminated as individuals, but Simon Cowell saw great potential in these young men as a group. He decided to make it happen by giving them another chance to perform together, and indeed they became famous ever since the formation of the English-Irish boy band One Direction.
On the 13th of September last year, I attended their Where We Are tour. It took place in Rose Bowl, Pasadena. The concert started a few minutes after the given starting time which was 7:00pm. I did not mind because everyone in the stadium was chanting the One Direction name, screaming, and lights filled every corner of the stadium. Just being in the same location as the One Direction made me feel content. Everyone was filled with contagious energy. I was too happy to even care about the concert starting a few minutes late. One Direction came out a few minutes later and I just knew right then and there that this concert would be worth it.
They performed five of my favorite songs. On their setlist were “Little Things” by Ed Sheeran and Fiona Bevan and “Change My Mind” composed by Savan Kotecha, Rami Yacoub, and Carl Anthony Falk. On their encore list were “You & I” by Julian Bunetta, Jamie Scott, and John Ryan, “Story of My Life” by Jamie Scott, Julian Bunetta, John Ryan, and the One Direction members, and “Best Song Ever” by Wayne Hector, John Ryan, Ed Drewett, Julian Bunetta. First song I would like to cri...
... middle of paper ...
... mine”. Despite the connection I have with the song, I feel that the performance was below average overall because they really lacked stage presence and consistency. I understand that it is a slower song compared to the others in the main setlist, however, even if the pace of the song is slow, the performer must still maintain a balance between energy and chemistry with the audience which they failed to do so. Towards the end, Zayn’s falsetto during his ad-libs in the bridge section made up for the flat notes sung by the group earlier. He has always been the strongest soloist. I also admired the floating platform they used to float above the audience for this song because it changes our perception. I looked up to them physically just as I looked up to them emotionally. It was definitely a good experience. I truly cannot wait to attend another concert of theirs.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Teacher Comment: As a part of the requirement for this course, each student must attend two live performances and submit a concert report on each. The reports should demonstrate “Active Listening” and not be merely reviews or critiques. I am interested in the student’s experience at this particular performance. There is no obligation to use fancy terminology. Just tell me what happened, how it affected you, how this experience will influence your plans for future concert attendance. I am particularly moved by a report that helps me to relive the concert or one that makes me sorry that I missed it.... [tags: Journalistic Descriptive]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- “One Dream, One Band, One Direction” “I never would mistreat you, oh I’m not a criminal, I speak a different language but I still hear you call. Diana, let me be the one to light a fire inside those eyes, you’ve been lonely, you don’t even know me, but I can feel you crying. Diana, let me be the one to lift your heart up and save your life, I don’t think you’d even realize baby you’d be saving mine” (“Diana”- One Direction, A-Z Lyrics). The song “Diana,” that One Direction wrote is quite strong.... [tags: One Direction, Harry Styles, Pop Group]
1397 words (4 pages)
- Concert Report On November twenty-second, the concert that I attended was the APSU Wind Ensemble at the George and Sharon Mabry Concert Hall. The conductors of this concert were Gregory Wolynec, Christopher Dyel (graduate) and Sarah Turner (graduate). I have been to numerous concerts but never like this. When I first got to the concert I expected to hear the first instrument in the wood wind section; the flute, but unfortunately I was in shock because the musicians begin with a bass sound; the trumpet.... [tags: Music, Musical notation, Sonata form]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Classical Music Concert Report I attended the Los Angeles Philharmonic classical music concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Friday 29 November 2013. The classical concert started at 8:00pm to the enjoyment of the huge audience that had been waiting for this amazing music extravaganza. Classical music concerts always offer magnificent entertainment and the audience in this concert was expectant to derive such entertainment or more. In attendance were Christian Zacharias who was the conductor and Martin Chalifour who was the LA Phil commanding Principal Concertmaster and Bach violin player.... [tags: music, concert, audience]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has a website that announces its programs. Anyone can easily find and choose a concert. I chose a concert for Sunday July 25, 2010. This concert was emerging artists from Ipalpiti Festibal 2010. It included the four pieces of music that are described below. One of these was Fantasiestucke, Opus 88, both Romanze and Duet were preformed. This concerto was performed by pianist Luiza Borac, violinist Vladimir Dyo, and cellist Yves Dharamraj. The second piece was Ahnung, a new discovery piece from Kinderszenen.... [tags: Concert]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Kanishk Chaurasia Mr. R. Kinnett Music 1306 S75 04 December 2014 INDIVIDUAL CONCERT REPORT I went to the Dallas Chamber Symphony concert. I got to experience three lovely composers Ralph Vaughan-Williams, Charles Ives and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The instruments consisted in the Ralph V Williams’ The Lark Ascending were mainly solo violin, flute like instrument and piano for providing the background to the solo violin. The Charles Ives’ Symphony No. 3 “The Camp Meeting” included instruments such as mainly the violin, flute, strings, trombone and bells, whereas, the Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Piano Concerto No.... [tags: Music, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Chamber music]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- For this concert report I chose to go to a performance of student composers held at the Kimball Recital Hall. I chose this one because I wanted to see some of the talent that my peers have in the music realm, and also it was one of the only concerts I have been able to attend because I usually work at night. It was impressive to hear pieces composed by students. I cannot imagine creating something as complex as a musical composition, much less actually performing it, so this aspect of the concert was particularly awe-inspiring.... [tags: Music]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- CONCERT REPORT #1 I chose to do my first concert report on Pearl Jam. The concert took place at Deer Creek the weekend after class started, so it was perfect timing to do this assignment. This was the first time I have seen Pearl, and I thought it was worthy of writing a report on. If one has ever been a fan of Pearl Jam, they of course know that Eddie Vedder is the lead singer, and right beside him with his wicked lead guitar playing, Stone Gossard. The other guys on the strings are, Mike McCready on guitar, and Jeff Ament on bass.... [tags: essays research papers]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- On June seventh at eight o’clock pm I attended a concert at Beneroya Hall. The concert was part of the Masterpiece series, performed by the Seattle Symphony and conducted by Hermann Michael; also including a special performance by the pianist Hélène Grimaud. The performance included four pieces, two by Ludwig Van Beethoven, one by Maurice Ravel, and the last was by Richard Strauss. The two pieces by Beethoven were; Overture to The Construction of The House, and piano Concerto No. 4 in g major, Op.... [tags: essays research papers]
456 words (1.3 pages)
- CONCERT REPORT #2 Beatles Z320 For my second concert report I thought that I would write about my only experience hearing songs of the Beatles live. The Rib America Festival was hosted by The Beatles Live Repertoire. The group dressed exactly like the Beatles, even had the same names, John, Paul, George, and Ringo. I had never heard any Beatles songs live before, so that was enough to get me off my butt. Not to mention, it was free entertainment, not a bad time at all. So the show starts, and I’m not sure what to expect.... [tags: essays research papers]
1085 words (3.1 pages)