Nowadays, everyone has either a smartphone or a laptop and if not, has a convenient enough way to get to it. Over the last two decades, technology has grown at an exceedingly fast rate and continues to progress rapidly. Children and teenagers are presented with technology at such a young age that they primarily do not know a world that is not electronically connected or a world without digital gadgets. Cell phones and the internet are a very innovative way to communicate, but in the present day, there is a high availability that teenagers have to find out any information over the web. This information that teenagers are exposed to can cause them to be manipulated and deceived into bullying others online. Due to the overwhelming fear and embarrassment of being bullied online, many teenagers tend to keep such events to themselves. “It’s universally ingrained that reporting bullying is being a ‘snitch’ and trying to get someone in trouble.” ("In Cyber Bullying, Depression Hits Victims Hardest")
There is a strong interconnection between cyberbullying and te...
... middle of paper ...
"In Cyber Bullying, Depression Hits Victims Hardest."cfah.org. N.p.. Web. 18 Mar 2014.
"Teen Depression and Suicide Due to Cyber Bullying."teenink.com. N.p.. Web. 18 Mar 2014.
"Social Media Impacts the Social Jungle of teens."http://yourteenmag.com/. N.p.. Web. 18 Mar 2014.
"Blogging May Have Positive Psychological Effects For Teens." huffingtonpost.com. N.p.. Web. 18 Mar 2014.
"Bullying and Suicide." bullyingstatistics.org. N.p.. Web. 18 Mar 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For the past five years, perhaps longer, the only things I hear are my own raspy breaths and a constant, monotonous, clicking noise. That, and the walls of my box, are enough to drive anyone past the brink of sanity. For me, it already has. I live in a box. Twenty feet high, twenty feet long, twenty feet wide. A perfect cube. The floor, ceiling, and walls are covered with one long, continuous mirror, replicating itself and every one of my miniscule movements. Not only that, but it seems like I am suspended in space: The mirrors reflect the other mirrors, which reflect other mirrors, creating an endless cycle and infinite passageways that always have a solid door.... [tags: short story]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- Use of Polarization in Goodbye, Mr. Chips Opposites attract. James Hilton uses this fact in Goodbye, Mr. Chips to create tension in the story; however, he makes greater use of this polarization to develop the character of Chips. Mr. Chips and Katherine Bridges may be viewed not only as opposites but also as arguments. Hilton uses thesis in the form of young Chips and antithesis in the form of Katherine Bridges to arrive at synthesis, the personality and character of the mature schoolmaster.... [tags: Goodbye, Mr. Chips]
660 words (1.9 pages)
- As a new unwed mother myself, I know the news that you will soon be a single mother can be daunting to say the least. Being a single mother is still highly stigmatized in today’s society, even though more affluent women are choosing artificial insemination as their method of starting a family without a man. Finding out about an unplanned pregnancy can often come with little support and much condemnation; the implications of these two factors can be detrimental to the mother and her future child.... [tags: Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Abraham Maslow]
1036 words (3 pages)
- Christmas Eve, 2002. It was quiet in our little apartment; my children, all under the age of five years, were anxiously waiting the enchanted hour of midnight. The clock strikes twelve, and the sounds of laughter start to fill the room. This is the time to open their presents; this is the time the fun begins. Excitement fills the air. But this year was different. This year we weren’t celebrating with our rather large family, who were now hundreds of miles away. Even with the happiness in the room, there was still a hint of melancholy because they were not there.... [tags: internet, technology, interaction]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- Click chemistry was created by taking cues from how nature naturally reacts. 1 The goal of Sharpless and colleagues was to create a number of selective blocks that could be connected in many different ways with the ability to work in many various applications. 1 For a reaction to be defined as click chemistry: “the reaction must be modular, wide in scope, give very high yields, and generate only inoffensive by products that can be easily removed” and it must have undemanding reaction conditions.... [tags: nucleophilic opening of rings, cycloaddition]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- I never thought this day would come. I mean, I did know it was coming, but I just never thought it would be this soon. Since birth, Lina has been my older sister, my companion, my confidant, and moreover, my best friend. As years passed, I acknowledged that we were getting older, and that the date of her departure was getting closer, yet, I did not want to believe it. Since last year, she had been in the exhausting process of applying to universities, and by the end of May, the University of New Orleans (UNO) granted her with a generous scholarship.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Personal Experience]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Early Friday morning, Memorial Weekend, 1994, I decide to adventure into the unknown by taking a journey to the Joshua Tree Inn, specifically room number eight, where on September 19th, 1973 Gram Parsons surrendered silently to drugs and alcohol. I have goose bumps. From Silver Lake to Joshua Tree, I travel the 134 to the 210 east, then cross over to route 57, and finally merge to the familiar 10 highway as my hometowns Eagle Rock and Glendora drift by. Not only do road trips bring solitude but also the rhythm of the highway clears my head.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
2139 words (6.1 pages)
- Hello and Goodbye There had been none like him, and there will be none to come. Jimi Hendrix revolutionized the way guitar and music in general is played. It is rare to hear a modern guitarist play and not sense Hendrix’s influence. Jimi Hendrix was a mirror of his era in that he epitomized the “sex, drugs, and rock and roll” life style of the late 60s. Hendrix is still immensely popular today because of his unprecedented guitar style coupled with an outrageous lifestyle and stage show.... [tags: essays research papers]
2752 words (7.9 pages)
- Sometimes there are two novels that have the same theme, and sometimes they have the same plot, but in the case of the two novels, The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and the novel Goodbye Columbus, by Philip Roth they explore the same dynamics of the chase of the American dream. In both novels there are similar themes, they both use the idea of sex and money as a form of power. Both novels can relate to each other because the authors decided to show how the pursuit of the American dream may not always be a good thing, and how sex and money can cause problems in that pursuit.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1924 words (5.5 pages)
- His teeth were by now clattering together, as he sat out in the cold weather, every time the wind would hit his face, his teeth would begin to clatter some more, and he’d pulled out his hands and begin to rub them together, it was a decent technique, but it really warmed up his hands only, but once in awhile, he’d place his hands on his cheeks, and he’d feel himself warm up only for a brief moment, but that brief moment always felt as if it was gone within seconds. Coming from Michigan, known for the many odd weather changes, from cold snowy days to nice and sunny days, people would expect him to be used to this kind of weather, but in Michigan people were always complaining about the weathe... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Analysis of the Asian Art Market
- How and Why Athletes Draw Consumers to Use Specific Products
- The Using of Technology is Ultimately Consuming Our Youth
- Rethinking North-South Relations and Global Justice
- Mass School Shootings: The Problem is Mental Illness, Not Guns
- Optimal Medium of Instruction for the Filipino students