Four phases of research involving preparation, data collection, analysis and reporting were developed b...
... middle of paper ...
... does not.” Therefore, establishing selection criterion of high quality is vital for overabundant archives. For example, make a list of authoritative archival sites and conclude keywords in the research question could be adopted. Additionally, a critical attitude should be held towards archives. Referring to the analysis of narrative in archives, influential factors such as political and personal aspects need to be considered. Besides, adopting the approach of the Labovian narrative model may be advantageous for analysing archives (Patterson 2008). This presumes that the efficiency of archival analysis could be improved by the model of Labovian. Accordingly, the archival theory is employed in this research because its benefits and room for improvement. In conclusion, the selection of the research question and method has been considered cautiously and comprehensively.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The IOC over its history has had to balance two different spheres. One of those being its morals and ideas of "Olympism," and the other being the generation of funds to allow their programs to be financially solvent, and have a wider world impact. As the Olympic Games continue on year over year they have seen rising costs in putting on their events which in the past had led the host cities to incur substantial amounts of debt and threaten the games ability to continue. This issue has forced the International Olympic Committee to engage in commercialism, and compromise on their want to be a perfectly moral organization.... [tags: Olympic Games, International Olympic Committee]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Economic Impact of Beijing Olympic games in China Introduction Starting with the Los Angeles Olympics of 1984, the United States creatively combined the Olympic games with commerce, and the concept of regarding the economic impact of hosting the Olympic games was first introduced. It was a valuable chance for the host city to take the advantage of international influence and business opportunities generated from the Olympics, improving the international standing and prestige and boost the local and national economic development.... [tags: 2008 Summer Olympics, Summer Olympic Games]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Issue The International Olympic Committee is not meeting the attendance expectations of the Olympic Games. Question What strategies should the International Olympic Committee implement in order to increase the attendance to the Olympic Games. Description of Marketing/Research Question. Generally, sports events have significant benefits to society which can include: social interaction, association of different cultures and ethnics, and enjoyable times to freely express emotions and feelings. The Olympic Games is a notorious example of it.... [tags: Olympic Games, Summer Olympic Games, Athens]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- Public Health Surveillance System for the Olympic Games The Olympics are a one of a kind event; athletes from all over the world are brought together for just over two weeks. The host city and nation experience a large influx of visitors wanting to travel, experience the city and watch the athletes compete. The dramatic increase in international travel causes an equal increase in risks, especially regarding public health. Public health, according to the World Health Organization (2016), refers to “all organized measures (whether public or private) to prevent disease, promote health, and prolong life among the population as a whole.” Public health encompasses and integrates many fields inclu... [tags: Summer Olympic Games, 2008 Summer Olympics]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- owadays, so many possibilities are offered to young people looking for a job. Indeed, thousands of jobs have been created or were transformed throughout the years. Choosing one path you will follow for the rest of your life can be confusing and requires many thoughts. One of the many fields that are possible is to work in the world of laws. Several ways are available such as international law, where people work to keep peace between nations and states with several sets of rules and where human rights are a number one priority.... [tags: Olympic Games, Summer Olympic Games]
789 words (2.3 pages)
- Understanding the Legacy: “Legacy” related to Olympics is something really important that is under discussion since the last 12 to 10 years for the reason that this terminology is supervising the apprehension of financial principles and the Olympic dream’s realities. Olympic Games held in Montreal 1976 have some negative financial results and these results bring the awareness of IOC to enhanced reassurance of positivity in the future after the Games. The importance of Legacy has become a highlight because it takes away the charm of the mega event of sports and the excessiveness of the international extravaganza, which invites some reasonable questions.... [tags: Historical Analysis, Event Planning]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- Large-scale events such as the FIFA World Cup are shown as a perfect illustration of globalisation and ever since the first world cup in 1930, the tournament has altered significantly. The World Cup as an organization is an influence for worldwide wholesome for some reasons that are the tournament brings together the nations. The organization FIFA has over 200 nationwide football associations affiliated to it that contend in the numerous contests it organizes. For people to comprehend the effect of globalisation and the impact it has taken on the world cup, it is a necessity to see the development of the tournament from the very first world cup to the recent Brazil 2014 finals.... [tags: Olympic Games, Summer Olympic Games]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- Business opportunities for companies Businesses in New South Wales won A$1bn worth of contracts from the Sydney games and an additional A$300mn was generated by local business. Over 55,000 people received employment related training. If London hosted the Olympic games, thousands of UK firms could be involved in supplying everything from construction to manufacturing, catering to merchandise. (http://www.sportengland.org/2012_uk.htm) Boost to tourism The tourist industry won't just boom during the four weeks that the Olympic and Paralympic games actually take place, but for months and years before and after the event.... [tags: Olympics Economics Business]
1890 words (5.4 pages)
- As the world has evolved, via technological advances, growing economies, and expanding populations, one thing is definitive, global society has become extremely integrated. Countries are extremely dependent on one another for goods, services, international business, entertainment, and the importing and exporting of materials. This phenomena of international integration through countries, states, and other international actors is referred to, by scholars, as Globalization. While globalization can be given the generic definition of international integration, it can also, and deserves to, be broken down into its various forms in order to better understand the complexity of global society.... [tags: Olympic Games, Winter Olympic Games]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- In the summer of 1996, Atlanta Georgia played host to the 23rd modern Olympic games. It was easily the greatest thing to happen to Atlanta in the 90's and there were many benefits brought its way as a result. Of all these benefits, the most significant ones were (1) the legacy of all the facilities built for the event, (2) the revitalization of the downtown area, (3) the exposure it gave to the city and (4) the economic benefits it gained as a result of all this. In order to host the event Atlanta had to make sure it had all the facilities to be able to provide athletes places both to practice and perform.... [tags: Sports]
559 words (1.6 pages)
- The Strongest Argument Of Defense Of Abortion
- The Crucible And 9 / 11
- Analysis Of The Book ' The Scarlet Letter '
- The Wife Of Baths : A Vindication Of The Rights Of Woman
- I Don 't Eat Squirrel, Pigs, Rabbits, Birds
- The Importance Of Foreign Foods Into Our Market For One Thing It Promotes Better Foreign Relations