Olivia Pope was raised by both of her parents Maya Lewis and Eli Pope. For the beginning years of Olivia’s life, she was very attached to both her mother and father, all living under the same roof, having family dinners nightly. Because her father worked vigorous hours, she often found herself bonding and relying on her mother, Maya. Olivia lived a very privileged life, which appeared to be your normal powerful family until she finds out that her father and mother are hiding some very dirty secrets. When Olivia was twelve years old, her mother Maya was on board Flight 522, which was traveling to London when it mysteriously was taken down. After investigation, the government ruled the mishap an engine failure, and Olivia believed that her mother died in the crash. Following her mother’s death she never returned to live in her family home. ...
... middle of paper ...
...oint in Olivia’s life, these are some of the milestones that she should have reached. According to Erikson, once again, because the failure to conquer the last few stages, she is not thriving in this stage either. Olivia often focuses on work before herself, forcing her to live a very unhealthy life style. She is not proud of her accomplishments and she hasn’t achieved a civic responsibility because her work is very deceptive. More often than not, Olivia finds herself conflicted with doing the right thing and winning her case. She is forced at this point in her life to be concerned with only her own needs because there is no one else there to look out for her, so she has leaned towards stagnation in this stage. As we can see through Erikson’s Psychosocial Developmental Theory, personality develops throughout the lifetime and our environment influences how we advance.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Viola Davis has established herself on the hit drama, “How to Get Away with Murder” as the leading woman. Her character, Annalise Keating is a top notch Lawyer and professor for a class called How to Get Away with Murder, living a fast paced life as a mentor for five aspiring lawyers along with her personal drama. Keating’s life soon begins to crumble to pieces as she soon realizes her husbands part in the local murder mystery of a student named Leyla, their affair, the girl’s pregnancy, and that the murderer might be her husband.... [tags: African American, White people, Black people]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- Lea Salonga Research Paper Lea Salonga is a very talented actress and singer who is quite well known in the theatre world. She has done many things and is good example to people all around the world who she shows that no matter where you come from you can always make your dreams come true. I chose her because I really like her story of how she got started out and came from nothing and I love the show Miss Saigon. She was born with the name Maria Lea Carmen Imutan Salonga on February 22, 1971 in the Philippines in a small town called Manila.... [tags: singer, theatre world, small voice]
1406 words (4 pages)
- In the beginning, Christianity arrived with Jesus Christ, or God in the form of man. Jesus spread his teachings and gathered a sizable following that included his twelve disciples. When Jesus grants one of his disciples, Peter with access to heaven, thus begins the line of the papacy according various forms of the Christian faith. Through the papacy, individuals have been able to legitimize the exercise of power in several, if not all realms of life. Historically, the pope hit the ground running in terms of how much power he was capable of using to his advantage, but time and societal development have rendered the pope as more of an icon than an authoritative figurehead.... [tags: Pope, Popes, Pope John Paul II, Christianity]
1392 words (4 pages)
- The city of Vatican has a long history of scandal, but the most shocking one was the resignation of Pope Benedict the XVI. The whole world stood in shock for months over this. No one knew exactly what was happening. There were a lot of rumors going around. The Vatican had different answers than that of the media. People were just plainly confused. All the Catholics had one question “Now what?” The answer to that question came through the selection of the new Pope. The whole drama was calmed down by the view of the white smoke.... [tags: Benedict XVI, Pope]
1502 words (4.3 pages)
- The crime drama genre has endured many changes since the days of 'Dickson of Dock Green' (1955-1976) in the UK along with 'Dick Tracy' (1950-1952) in the USA. The natural progression within the crime drama genre saw them eventually displaying police procedural's. This was a first for television, the audience not only saw the crime and the apprehension of the criminal, but for the first time, the whole crime solving system was opened for the audience to see. Forensics and legal bureaucracy where presented within the dramas.... [tags: Drama ]
1945 words (5.6 pages)
- The main elements of the crime drama genre which contribute to the audience’s pleasure, with detailed references to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000-present), The Wire (2002-2008) and Waking the Dead (2000-2011). Crime drama is a genre that is hugely popular across the world and can been seen through CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000- present), The Wire (2002-2008) and Waking the Dead (2000- present). The different television genres, like a lot of other cultural forms, including literature and theatre has seen many writers, producers and viewers attracted to crime and deviance.... [tags: Drama ]
1694 words (4.8 pages)
- What is drama. The Collins dictionary describes drama as a serious play for theatre, television or radio. Introduction ============ What is drama. The Collins dictionary describes drama as a serious play for theatre, television or radio. Drama is enjoyed today as much if not more than in when it was invented. Everyone around the world in some time in their lives has relied on drama to bring pleasure, fear and entertainment. Millions of people have become famous and have earned their living through bringing drama to the public through the silver screen and through the small screen.... [tags: Drama]
1361 words (3.9 pages)
- OPERA AND DRAMA: DIFFERING VIEWS Opera and drama are two closely linked disciplines in the world of performing arts; although many view these as individual aspects which should be combined to create a greater result, others seemingly view opera as drama although it would be seen as illogical to view drama as opera. The mere fact opera has a narrative, although told through music and libretto, combines the two. Michael Tippett’s opera, The Midsummer Marriage, contains influences from other established form’s (drawing examples for Wagner and Verdi) as well as containing Tippett’s own futuristic ideas.... [tags: Drama]
619 words (1.8 pages)
- Drama Performed to Others Our drama group was given the task of introducing a year nine class to the play 'Macbeth'. Apart from the obvious, there were five themes in the play that the group as a whole thought needed exploring: insanity; good versus bad; the supernatural; guilty conscience; and murder. We looked into each of these topics individually and decided on how we could include them in our final performance, in each lesson we learned more and more about both 'Macbeth' and the skills needed to teach a younger year group the basics of the play.... [tags: Drama]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- Drama Portfolio When I entered the stimulus room my initial reactions were that it had been created in a way that it made you think about what was going on within each section of the room. For example none of the objects were straightforward and simple to figure out. A lot of the items were symbolic and had multiple meanings such as the mirror in the past section could mean a change of appearance or reflecting on the past. The room was divided into three different sections, past, present and future.... [tags: Drama]
705 words (2 pages)
- The Ku Klux Klan And The Black Panther Party
- Family 's Impact On Our Lives
- Implementing Care Programmes For Frail Older People
- The Tragedy Of Ophelia By William Shakespeare
- Should Students Receive Athletic Scholarships?
- The First Key Concepts I Learned About Pbis Is It Is A Preventative Behavioral Program