At my previous employer, we did not use an internal or outside OD professional, however there are specific pre-requisites that should of been fulfilled. We used internal practitioners, which is already a member of the organization. (Brown) Assistance from leading management is a vital pre-requisite for the prosperity of any OD attempt. It is crucial that mature supervisors motivate workers to think creatively and employ revolutionary techniques to resolve work-related issues. They ought to be in a position to exhibit patience toward unclear outcomes and probable faults that could happen throughout the OD plan execution, and excitement to dedicate efforts and resources necessary for this program. Businesses also need to prepare their top management to make su...
... middle of paper ...
...time around. The first OD change was such a success the organization decided to do another OD change since they were combining all resources globally.
Boxall, P. (1996). The strategic Human Resource Management debate and the resource-based view of the firm. Human Resource Management Journal. vol. 6. no. 3. pp. 59-75.
Brown, D.R., (2011), An Experiential Approach to Organization Development, (8th ed.), New Jersey: Upper Saddle River, Prentice Hall Publishing Co. pp.89.
Ezzamel, M., Simon, L., Wilkinson, A. & Willmott, H. (1996). Practices and practicalities in human resource management. Human Resource Management Journal. vol. 6. no. 1. pp. 63-80.
Miller, P. (1987). Strategic Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management. Journal of Management Studies. pp. 347-361.
Stone, R. (1995). Human Resource Management. Wiley.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction/HISTORY Diversity is "the state of having people who are different races or who have different cultures in a group or organization" according to the Merriam Webster Dictionary. (Merriam Webster Dictionary) While Neault & Mondair (2011) defines Diversity "as a term that is used widely, but often without a shared understanding” (para.3), which relates to the way people, identify themselves as well as others within the workplace. It includes visible differences such as: ethnicity, gender, age, disability, and national origin.... [tags: different cultures, disability, national origin]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Typically the metrics analysed under Level 4 are output, quality, costs and time, it is still important to go past Level 4 however, as even though the business outcomes may be achieved, it is important to analyse whether the programme costs outweigh the benefits. Until the early 1990’s the Kirkpatrick model was the dominant reference for evaluating ROI, until other experts began to expand and develop the model, by examining its application in industry (Alliger and Janek 1989). Criticisms that were raised was the inability to predict the results of the higher levels of evaluation based on the lower levels, another criticism was that the levels are too generalised and are merely classifica... [tags: measure, knowledge, buisness, science]
2151 words (6.1 pages)
- Sports Psychology: A Relationship Between Mental Training and Sport Performance James Dodson (1995) quotes Dr. Richard Coop, and says that he refers to sports psychology as “just mere helping people to clear away the mental clutter that keeps them from achieving their best” (p. 1). Dodson admits that as a golfer he has tried to break eighty strokes in golf, but did not succeed until he got help from a well-known sports psychologist. Before meeting his mental coach, Dodson tried to improve his game by buying expensive equipment such as oversized irons, gizmos, and lucky charms, but none of these worked.... [tags: essays research papers]
3466 words (9.9 pages)
- The United States is presently at war in Iraq and Afghanistan where American troops are fighting and dying. At home, cars and homes display solid yellow or red, white, and blue ribbons that call for Americans to “Support Our Troops.” It is patriotic for Americans to support their daughters and sons fighting in a war, but this patriotism does not mean that Americans must blindly support the decision to go to war. Being patriotic means that Americans must do the opposite: they must question their government.... [tags: America Iraq Afghanistan War American Patriotism]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- Introduction: This paper is meant to conduct an environmental scan of both the general and specific environment for American Express. Along with the examination of environments, an analysis of those environments and possible opportunities and threats will be further discussed. When analyzing the general environment of American Express, it will be covered in five sectors, which include demographics, technology, social-culture, economic and political-legal. "The competitive environment for AmEx is very challenging" (Associated Press, 2015); that is, there is a great deal of pressure on American Express.... [tags: Credit card, MasterCard, American Express, Credit]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- My opinion: According to American journalist Thomas Freidman, our world is flat. In other words, Freidman argues that the world has become technologically dominated and with the help of technological advancement (for example, the internet), every country now has a fair chance to compete in the global market. I do agree with Friedman in the aspect that technology has brought the world closer together and created an invisible string tying together international trades and expansion of business globally.... [tags: The World Is Flat, Globalization, World Wide Web]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Barfield, J. P., Channell, B., Pugh, C., Tuck, M., & Pendel, D. (2012). Format of Basic Instruction Program Resistance Training Classes: Effect on Fitness Change in College Students. Physical Educator, 69(4), 325-341. Barfield from Endicott College, Channell is a strength coach at Oliver Springs High School, Pugh from Tennessee Tech University Pendel is a personal trainer at Vestavia Country Club. The reasoning for this study was to evaluate and compare different types of exercise resistance classes.... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Strength training]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- American Express began as a freight forwarding company in the 1850s, then repositioned as a travel agency, a financial and consulting services company. By recognizing that technology has changed the way people communicate and transact with one another, American Express understands the scope and role of internet technology on the travel market. The corporation turned itself into the booming sector of online services and became an interactive business player in a wide array of services. Today, American Express, known as Amex, is a multi-billion dollar corporation that has reshaped its services and operates more than 1700 travel service locations in over 130 countries across the globe.... [tags: Business Analysis]
2658 words (7.6 pages)
- The biography I chose was The Express: The Ernie Davis Story. Its about an inspirational and heroic African American Football player. Robert C. Gallagher wrote this book. Ernie Davis passed away when he was only 23 years old from leukemia. (Gallagher, 151). Even though his life was short he treated others with dignity grace and compassion. The life he led made him a hero. He was considered by professionals in his field to be one of the best running backs ever. He was most famous for being the first African American to win the Heisman trophy (Gallagher, 1).... [tags: Biography, Ernie Davis]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Pony Express On April 3rd, 1860, the Pony Express started. The first rider named Henry Wallace left St. Joseph, Missouri. On April 13th the last rider reached Sacramento, California. To become a rider you had to be a brave young man, and an orphan, because it was a dangerous job. They had to be very good riders, and able to shoot good. And they must not fear Indian attacks. Every rider had to ride sixty miles at very high speed. He had to travel the 60 miles with six different ponies and in six hours.... [tags: US History Pony Express Essays]
1199 words (3.4 pages)