The computer has changed modern society, making calculations much quicker than any person could. It is used in almost every business because of its efficiency in holding substantial amounts of information.
In 1822, a computer was a human worker that solved trigonometric functions much like computers do today. However, because the workers were human, they made mistakes, and data was incorrectly calculated. By 1832, a man named Charles Bavage came up with the patented “difference engine” that he created to correct mistakes on the mathematical functions. His invention did not inspire others until the industrial revolution in 1890, when the American census started using punch cards.
Herman Hollerith became the next computer engineer in history. He used electricity to count the census and successfully started a business called the Tabulating Machine Company. When World War 2 began, inventors incited use of the computer in creating undisclosed messages so the enemy could not find out strategies. That is when colossus was created. It was the secret of World War 2.
Computer growth continued to become an inspiration to society. John Mockley created the furthermost modern computer in society ca...
... middle of paper ...
...reers with only positive growth and business in the immediate future.
• Graves, Jada A. Best 10 Jobs http://money.usnews.com/money/careers/slideshows/the-10-best-jobs/10. Web. 26 Feb. 2012
• Bellis, Mary http://inventors.about.com/od/gstartinventors/a/Bill_Gates.htm web. 12 Mar. 2014
• Bierman, Libby http://www.forbes.com/sites/sageworks/2011/07/11/10-most-profitable-industries/ web. 12 Mar. 2014
• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupational_therapy web. 11 Mar. 2014
• American Dental Education Associationhttp://explorehealthcareers.org/en/Career/36/Medical_Assistant 2014 March 17, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacist#Education_and_credentialing 2014
• Loose, Terence http://education.yahoo.net/articles/high_roi_health_care_careers.htm
• Babcock, Charles http://www.informationweek.com/enterprise-applications.asp , 12 mar. 2014
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computer Science is an extensive field with plenty of options to choose from, whether you want to create a new software that will make the development of a certain task easier to perform, to monitor and modify existing programs to make them work faster and more efficiently, to understand the structure of new technology and having the ability to fix it if something goes wrong, or simply keeping up with the new machines that as years go by, are becoming more necessary for our daily lives, this is the field you will definitely pursue.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer, Computer science]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- Did your phone just ring. Or was that your computer notifying you of a new email. Since the Digital Revolution and the addition of digital electronics like the personal computer, software-based technology has always been an essential aspect of our lives. Something that would have taken up an entire classroom can now fit within the grasp of your hands thanks to the efforts of various computer scientists and engineers, making our lives much easier. My passion for both software and hardware behind it stems from having been fortunate enough to be introduced to it at a young age.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computation]
1066 words (3 pages)
- In this technology-based day and age, a STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) job like graphic design is a great choice for prospective artists. Graphic design has evolved greatly over time, and today employs a myriad of people. After completing the necessary level of education, creative individuals make images to convey a message, and are paid well for their efforts. With experience, some even advance further in their career. Overall, graphic design is a fantastic career that combines art and technology, offering excellent opportunities for the future.... [tags: Science Technology Engineering Mathematics]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- Many aspects of Computer Engineering are affected by the study of Magnetism. Unlike many fields of study, however, magnetism can be both helpful and harmful when it comes to many of the devices used in computers. One of the most basic examples of the use of magnetism in conjunction with computers is the hard drive. Nowadays, hard drives are used in many different consumer electronics products from computers to mp3 players to game consoles. A hard drive is used to store large amounts of data, and also to retrieve stored data quickly.... [tags: Computer Engineering]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- In the past decade, technology has started to touch every aspect of our lives. However this isn’t necessarily a good thing. With almost everything being online and our cyber security being so low this can cause a major problem for anyone using the internet. Low cyber security can bring down large organizations and ruin countries this has become a problem that many software engineers have and are still trying to solve in order for this to not become an unfixable problem. Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computer security]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- Computer Engineering - A Carrer as a Computer Software Engineer Introduction The explosive impact of computers and information technology on our everyday lives has generated a need to design and develop new computer software systems and to incorporate new technologies in a rapidly growing range of applications. The tasks performed by workers known as computer software engineers evolve quickly, reflecting new areas of specialization or changes in technology, as well as the preferences and practices of employers.... [tags: Computer Software Engineering]
2327 words (6.6 pages)
- The career I selected to pursue when I get out of college is a software engineering position. I am choosing this career because of the great interest I have in this field. Also, this field of work is always changing so you cannot succeed without adapting to new information. This means that my work environment will not always be same, which I enjoy. I have researched other careers in the field of work, but software engineering is the one that interests me the most. A typical workday as a software engineer has you reviewing programs and code for existing software and finding ways to make it more efficient to save time on operating cost (Software Engineer Job Description, n.d.).... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computer science]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- Computer The technology in these days is considered help hand for everything to do our work with fewer errors and faster time. As we know many people in these days using the computer each day for doing their work and assignments or just for spending fun time. Computer word does not just mean hardware and software but means more than that. It means everything related to technology such as infrastructure, networks, and programming languages. Computer facilities have three primary computer specialists that are computer science, computer information system, and computer information technology.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Computer Science is a popular major with one of the brightest spots in the employments of current society as the world is becoming more and more advanced. People who graduate with a computer science degree are considered computer scientist; Computer scientists use technologies like computers, smart phones, and basic knowledge and reasoning to solve whatever problems they encounter. Computer Science Engineers write software programs that allow machines to do new things or improve tasks more efficiently; programs like Facebook, Twitter, and mobile messaging software have improved many people’s lives with easier and simpler ways of communication.... [tags: Computer science, Electrical engineering]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Since the invention of computers in the second half of twentieth century, there has been a great revolution in the job market. The world has witnessed emergence of new careers while others have actually changed. Computer world has ushered in a new economy which has created numerous careers. One of the carriers which have interested me is computer engineering. This is my dream career which I want to pursue in my academic studies. Computer Engineering Career The field of computer engineering has been growing at a rapid rate owing to the growing invention of new computer related technologies and the internet.... [tags: career, computers, IT, ]
546 words (1.6 pages)