After I finished my bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from University of Mumbai, I joined Vistaar, which is a Pricing Solutions Company that has a strong Analytics tool and a Transaction Engine as its core products, as a Software Engineer. While working on client projects, I learned that companies are willing to pay big money to replace their existing Pricing Systems with what Vistaar offers just because we can capture and portray important pieces of information in meaningful ways. This has ensnared my curiosity and upon delving deeper into the actual client scenarios, I realized that these companies either do not have proper tools or mechanisms to capture information, or have no idea as to do what with it. Over the course of my undergraduate studies, I always strived to come up with a version of the program myself before checking pre-defined solutions and it helped me think out of the box. As a result, I was entrusted with over 7 different projects at Vistaar, which enhanced my thinking and problem solving skills even further. Learning new things and solving real life problems has always been my forte and there is a deeper pool of problems to be solved in the field of Information Management. Hence, working as an Information Architect who can solve data problems and gain more value out of it by leveraging technical and business knowledge has become my career goal. I now see MSIM program at University of Washington as a critical step towards achieving my goals.
-Why and how did you choose the MSIM program at the University of Washington Information School and how do you see the prog...
... middle of paper ...
...only coordinated well with him by working late hours to facilitate proper communication, but also developed the artifacts in question with utmost quality and diligence that satisfied the client’s requirements. The product development team of Vistaar gets their requirements from our Senior Vice President, who works from US office. I also worked in this team for a long time, which meant that I had to have WebEx sessions with him during night times in India to get the requirements, demo the products, give status updates, seek comments etc. Apart from working with people in different Time Zones, I worked with people of different understandings, backgrounds and abilities in teams. I adapted well in all these teams and paced my work as per the abilities of its members. This way, I learned about team work and team dynamics, which I am sure, will be of great use at iSchool.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As I grow in my career I find myself being stifled by a lack of a degree. There have been multiple instances where I have been passed up or denied an opportunity I would have been otherwise qualified for because of this hole in my resume. I have spent years in different roles within corporate America and have seen the value that a college degree provides when it comes to progressing in your professional life. Knowing the value and importance of a degree and drawing from life experience, I have been able to make a choice in my field of education that I find is important to me personally.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, University]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Most of today’s businesses requires post high school education in order to obtain more than an entry level administrative assistant position. From my research on schools that offer a degree, diploma or certificate for administrative assistants, I chose to provide information on Bradford School, Kaplan University, and Penn Foster School. Bradford School, www.bradfordpittsburgh.edu, is a business school that offers a diploma program and a specialized associate degree program for those interested in becoming an administrative assistant.... [tags: Higher education, College, Academic degree]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- When spectators see amazing skyscrapers or maybe a beautiful building, the first thing that they might think about would probably be how that building makes them feel and why it makes them feel a certain way. They might stop and think to themselves “man I wonder how much money went into this building”. Rarely, when people think about the people that sat in a conference room, at an oval shaped table for hours trying to make things come together. These people are CEO’s, management analysis, contractors, architects, etc.... [tags: Management, Management consulting, Business]
1409 words (4 pages)
- Future Plans after Obtaining My Masters Throughout getting my bachelor’s degree and at the start of getting my master’s degree, I was set on becoming a case worker. After the research and interviews that we completed to set up our own human service organization, my thoughts have changed on what direction I want to go. My heart has always been set on making sure that children have a safe and loving home, this is now the direction that I am going to pursue with my degree. I feel that after going through the process of setting up an adoption and consultation agency I am going to pursue jobs in the adoption field.... [tags: Structure, Hierarchy, Diagrams, Want]
708 words (2 pages)
- A. Duties of a management accountant The role of the management accountant is to perform a series of tasks to ensure their company 's financial security, handling essentially all financial matters and thus helping to drive the business 's overall management and strategy. Management accountants are key figures in determining the status and success of a company. Some choose to become a Certified Management Accountant (CMA), a similar credential to CPA, but with a greater focus on cost accounting, financial planning, and management issues.... [tags: Management accounting, Management, Accountancy]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- I am Su. I was a Clinical Systems Trainer at Catholic Healthcare Ltd and am about to commence a new role as a Health Planner at project management consulting firm called TSA Management. I will be working on both Aged Care and Healthcare Hospital projects. Just a bit about my background. I am originally from Burma (Myanmar) and came to Australia to study Bachelor of Nursing. After I graduated with Nursing degree, I have worked in various public hospitals for over 5 years until I decided to changed my career into Engineering.... [tags: Nursing, Academic degree, Health care]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- 1. Introduction The information resources protection has become more complex and challenging for organizations in a rapidly changing security threat setting. The adoption of cloud computing technologies by organizations, and the extensive use of internet services by customers for daily activities like bill payments, communication, banking, etc. are few examples illustrating the shifting technological scene in organizations. The shift towards these new technologies presents new risks to an organization’s information assets.... [tags: Risk, Risk management, Management, Security]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- The research by Fredrick Herzberg solves many problems in the work place concentrating on effectual and well-organized solving methods. This research will aid in getting to the foundation of troubles found in administration, running and management of the society. This research paper will briefly touch on the dilemma of interactions among the employer and the employees, and several different ways to be acquainted with and work to attain the preferred principle and rationale. February 24, 2010 1 | P a g e Electronic Technologist Fredrick Herzberg INTRODUCTION Frederick Herzberg’s book on “motivational theory” and its impact on management in the society is a framework for e-learning practice.... [tags: Business Management]
2015 words (5.8 pages)
- Knowledge management (KM) is extolled by some as being an important intangible asset that enhances an organization’s ability to innovate (Chea, 2009). Broadly defined, KM involves a company’s process of obtaining, consolidating, and communicating knowledge to various members of the firm, in which those individuals use the knowledge acquired to make the organization more productive, efficient, and competitive (Mousavizadeh, Harden, Ryan, & Windsor, 2015). The use of knowledge to create innovations involves having an effective KM strategy.... [tags: Management, Knowledge management, Knowledge]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Introduction and Background Introduction The objective of this paper is to define and analyse what risks management was carried out during the London Olympic Games, aspects of risk management such as how risks were identified, the type of risk analysis that was carried out, the risk responses opted in order to minimise threats, and how risks were monitored and controlled will be analysed further. After obtaining this information, a comparison with other Olympic Games will be analysed in order to learn what they did right, wrong, and how they managed risks.... [tags: Risk Analysis, Risk Management]
1790 words (5.1 pages)
- Chivalric Identity of Medieval Knighthood
- American Individualism in The Yellow Wallpaper, by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- American Individualism in The Yellow Wallpaper, The Masque of the Red Death. The Raven, and For Some Wiccans
- American Individualism in Charlotte Perkins Gilman’s The Yellow Wallpaper and The Raven, by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Army's Talking Points Controversy
- Cystic Fibrosis Presentation