A friend and I were riding around on four-wheelers, enjoying the muddy ground. We had been riding for a good hour when we decided to discuss what to do next. We had decides to either head home and watch television or ride for just 5 more minutes then go home. Being typical teenagers we decided to ride around for another 5 minutes and we went and told my mom. My mom had come to watch and tape our fun. We ended up splitting up and riding on opposite sides of a bump of a hill separating the 2 fields. As I came to the other side of the hill I saw the other four-wheeler doing the same on the opposite side. Out of reaction I swerved right, as she swerved left. My friend flew off of her four-wheeler and hit the ground, getting a grass burn from the impact. My four-wheeler spun 90 degrees and I fell to the left side of the four-wheeler. The four-wheelers had collided where my left leg what hit and trapped making me spin with the four-wheeler instead of falling off during impact. I had tried to get up and my left leg wouldn’t budge. Thinking I had bruised it I picked up my left leg and the lower part of my leg just fell and created a large bend because my bone was completely b...
... middle of paper ...
...n do all weight room activities to better my progress in the muscle gain. I plan on being able to run a 7 minute mile by Christmas. And hopefully a 6 minute mile by track season this spring.
Overcoming this obstacle has not been easy, let alone it is not complete. But I will not let this bump in my path stop me from getting to my goals and dreams. It may have impacted a coach’s response on letting me join cross country. But I will overcome the past and I will try to be the best that I can be this upcoming track season. I will prevail and make my goal of a 7 minute mile this Christmas. I cannot let a broken leg push me down; I must push and make sure I can make a marvelous comeback after having this injury. My mind and my body is always physically able to prevail. All I have to do is allow it to do what it is able to do bye positive thinking and a little motivation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Overcoming Obstacles Have you ever found yourself pondering “what now?” after having made a goal that seemed easy enough to achieve, only to find yourself facing a dilemma. Perhaps, the individual is a first time home buyer needing a much higher than anticipated amount as a down payment for a new home. So, how does this person handle this issue that is keeping them from buying their new home. Where would a person in this scenario, even begin to look for answers after such devastating news.... [tags: Thought, Human, Mind, Psychology]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- Hope this letter finds you well and that things at school are getting better. After reading your essay about College’s obstacles I found my self with the desire of writing you back, first because I felt identify with your fears and second because I would like to help you someway. While I was reading your story I remembered I quote from the American psychiatrist Theodore Isaac Rubin that says “Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best”, and with that I don’t want to imply that your experience of being forced to skipping high school was easy for you, just want you to think that... [tags: University, College, Better]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Some people may look at a person with special needs and see disabilities. Some may feel nothing but sympathy, while others, through the lack of knowledge, overlook these amazing individuals completely. I am one of the lucky ones that not only has experienced having a person of special needs in their life, but to also have the insight to realize the impact of the life lessons that my friend Jeff Geis has taught me. Jeff, born with Down’s syndrome, has overcome obstacles in his life that most of us cannot even imagine.... [tags: Special Needs]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- ... He was smart to take and use the drugs Hermes gave him earlier so that he could now negotiate a way to get his men back and be on his way out there. He struck a deal with her by seducing her (Book 12). They were lovers for about a year in exchange for the men to be turned back into humans. This was a very cunning way and selfless act of him to sleep with Circe for a year. He essentially took one for the team so that his men could be back to normal. Odysseus and his crew begin the voyage home, sailing past the island of the sirens.... [tags: Odysseus, the Trojan horse]
1582 words (4.5 pages)
- Strength doesn’t come from what one can do . It comes from the things one overcomes. The dictionary definition of strength is “the quality or state of being strong”. Some synonyms for strength are “fortitude”, “mettle”, and “courage”. Some antonyms for strength is “weakness” and “devitalized”. It’s important because strength is what people need to overcome all the obstacles they face. A lot of people go through different things in their life but one thing they all have in common is strength. All human beings need strength, physically and mentally.... [tags: Want, 1947 births, Human, Pain, Need, 1994 songs]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- The Chi Omega Spirit - Overcoming Obstacles and Achieving Success For as long as I can remember I have set high goals for myself regarding my future, my friendships, and my education. Entering college with these standards I knew that I wouldn’t settle for less than my best, and I would strive to amaze myself at my success. One thing I never fit into my planned path of achievement was any type of struggle, or obstacle that could alter the way I have thought for so long. The first month of college I fell upon an obstacle I never could have imagined.... [tags: Personal Narratives]
1384 words (4 pages)
- Strength of Love in A Worn Path In the story A Worn Path, Eudora Welty shows an old woman living in a time period where racial prejudice is rampant and out of control. Phoenix Jackson is a grandmother whose only motivation for living is to nurture her grandson back to health. The strength of love may make people do or say unusual and implausible things. The central idea of this story is that love can empower someone to over come many life-threatening obstacles. The idea is shown when an old woman conquers all odds against her to show her everlasting love for her grandson.... [tags: A Worn Path essays]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- It’s very surprising to be honest. If I rewind my life to the very beginning of junior year, I would have never suspected that I would encounter multiple hardships one after another, each excessively worse than the last. Yes, junior year was extremely tough domestically and socially but little did I know that my horrid problems at home would affect me academically. Undeniably it was my will power and my strong belief in never giving up which steered my grades and my life to the straight path and made me realize that mistakes happen in life for a reason, they happen so we can learn from them, so we can share our story with others and help them avoid the hardships we encountered.... [tags: obstacles, ]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- Strength A quote by Karen Salmansohn reads, “Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway.” Many of us have faced some really tough times on the rollercoaster of life. I can safely say that I am not the only one that has felt like some days the world is just out to get me. In those days of struggle, we always find a way to get through to the next day and make it better than the last. This process is different for everyone because everyone develops and uses their strength in many different ways, but we all eventually find that better day, through strength.... [tags: Meaning of life, Physical strength]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- However, free weight exercises including squats can, in fact, have positive improvements on those with joint-degrading diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA). People who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis have chronic inflammation of the joints, whereas wear-and-tear of the ligaments causes osteoarthritis. A two-year randomized study documented the effects of strength training on muscle strength, disease activity, functional capacity, and bone mineral density in early rheumatoid arthritis.... [tags: Muscle, Bodybuilding, Strength training]
1166 words (3.3 pages)