The main causes of obesity, though a multifaceted occurrence are, improper dieting, lack of exercise, and general lack of awareness and overeating. Firstly, improper dieting or eating food which is imbalanced is a cause of obesity for most people. Eating food which is not balanced deprives the body of essential minerals required for the proper functioning of the body organs. Many people eat fast food and those that are very high in carbohydrates. The cholesterol levels of this food and other junk food is very high. Excessive eating of these types of food increases the sugar and fat levels in the body. This is then transformed into body fat and cholesterol. This fat is stored in the body especially around the stomach. As a result, an individual gets fatter and change in appearances to becoming chubby. This body shape is disliked and many of them begin to suffer from reduced self c...
... middle of paper ...
...raised into equally overeating adults. Consequently, these obese individuals find it hard to exercise and play with colleagues which, consequently, lead to more eating and less activity. As a result, individuals, especially children begin to eat more as they find more comfort in it.
Obesity has reduced the quality of lives from many individuals. It poses serious threats to lives of individuals and greatly affects victims self esteem. It is therefore, of paramount importance to assess our lifestyles in order to prevent the many problems caused by obesity. It has been shown here that obesity poses a lot of problems in the lives of individuals both from within and outwardly (Heaton-Harrison 89).We therefore should be more concerned with our feeding habits and daily lifestyles. Eating healthy, balanced diet and exercising regularly is the guarantee for a healthy living.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Drug addiction is a serious problem today. It has been increasing dreadfully among the society. Drug addiction is a serious health problem. People sometimes feel too powerful and too cheerful because of drug addiction. There are some reasons why people might turn to using drugs. People use drugs to escape or relax and want to get comfortable from the effect of drugs. Also, emotional suffering from family or personal problems, losing a job, or having no friends, and environmental stress can be a factor to cause to use drugs.... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Heroin]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- The writer of this essay discusses about family violence, a serious social problem, and its effects on the public. Family violence also known as domestic violence “is when someone uses abusive behaviour [physical, sexual, or emotional] to control and/or harm a member of [his or her] family, or someone with whom they have an intimate relationship.” (Department of Justice) The writer explains why family violence/domestic violence is a social problem and whom the issue affects. The writer describes, how the problem shallows the whole society and the families with family violence occurring in the household.... [tags: abuse, family, victims]
2540 words (7.3 pages)
- Domestic violence is a serious problem, which occurs in many countries. In recent years, domestic violence or family violence has been recognized as a serious problem globally. Domestic violence is control by one partner over another in a dating, marital or live-in relationship. The means of control include physical, sexual, emotional and economic abuse, threats and isolation. Survivors face many obstacles in trying to end the abuse in their lives such as psychological and economic entrapment, physical isolation and lack of social support, religious and cultural values, fear of social judgment, threats and intimidation over custody or separation, immigration status or disabilities and lack o... [tags: Domestic violence, Violence, Mental disorder]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Domestic violence is well-known to be a serious problem in Canada. Domestic violence includes physical assault or aggressive actions against family members, spouse, intimate partner, boyfriend or girlfriend. It can have many negative results and even result in death. Statistics Canada (2013) mentions stress, chronical diseases and addictions as common results of domestic violence. In most cases, the victims are women. According to Statistics Canada (2013), among all the cases of domestic in 2013, 80% of victims were women.... [tags: Domestic violence, Violence, Assault, Alcoholism]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Poverty is a serious problem that is affecting countries all over the world. The problem of poverty has been a major issue for over centuries. Mostly, every country has a certain amount of people suffering from poverty, although the number of people suffering varies per country. According to Paul Collier, a Professor of Economics and Public Policy the number of people living in absolute poverty has shown a major decline in some parts of the world; unlike Africa, a continent made up of 54 countries, and a population of about 1.2 billion people is still suffering from extreme poverty.... [tags: Poverty, Africa, Malnutrition, Poverty reduction]
2105 words (6 pages)
- The obesity rate is a serious health problem in our society today. The obesity rate is increasing as time goes on and the medical fee for obesity and related diseases are rising too. According to the statistics about overweight and obesity from National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, the definition of overweight excess amount of body weight that may come from muscles, bone, fat, water, and obesity, which is an excess amount of body fat, both. The National Health and Nutrition Examination survey shows data between 2009 and 2010, more than 2 in 3 adults are considered to be overweight or obese and more than 1 in 3 adults are considered to have an obese status in the U... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Hypertension, Fast food]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Suicide is a serious public health problem that causes immeasurable pain, suffering, and loss to individuals, families, and communities nationwide. Family members, friends, coworkers, and others in the community all suffer the long-lasting consequences of suicidal behaviors (United States Surgeon General, 2012). According to the United States Surgeon General (2012), suicide is the 10th leading cause of death, claiming more than twice as many lives each year as does homicide. Most people are uncomfortable with the topic of suicide (Centers for Disease Control [CDC], 2015).... [tags: Suicide, Mental disorder, Parasuicide]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Today I will be outlining my plan to help education parents and children alike on the dangers of childhood obesity. With this plan I hope to better education parents and children on how to prevent and fight this current health issue. As a parent myself I’m very interested in this topic and help solving this situation. This plan will discuss what childhood obesity how we can help solve this problem. With the proper education I feel we all can make better decisions in our children’s lives as well as our very own.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Health care, Health]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Obesity is a serious problem in the United States. Obesity may have serious effects on children during their childhood and when they become adults. My husband, friend’s son who is ten years old .I think, he is at least twenty pounds overweight .When I saw him the first time, I had a lot of questions in my mind about his overweight. Why does he become obsess. What are the cause and effect of obesity. What is the symptom of obesity. They live close to my house and we frequently visit each other’s house.... [tags: Health, Weight, Eating Habits, Obesity]
1060 words (3 pages)
- In today’s society, life is fraught of troubles, deadlines, frustrations and demands. In the lives of many people, stress is so prevalent that it has become a way of life. According to many doctors and researchers stress refers to the response people have when facing circumstances that force them to act, change, or adjust in some way to maintain their footing, or to keep things balanced. Today, there are many important contributors to stress (called stressors) and the effects they cause to the human body and mind.... [tags: FInance, Work, Relationships]
848 words (2.4 pages)