... middle of paper ...
...tinue to allow The New York City Fire Department to handle all demands of a largely unique, dynamic city to continue to serve and protect the live and property of all New York residents and visitors. It is The New York City Fire Departments one hundred forty five year history of courage, compassion and commitment of service, bravery, safety, honor, dedication and preparedness to all of New York City.
• Shacknai, Daniel, Meta B. Ribowsky, Francis X. Gribbon, and Stephen Antonelli. FDNY Strategic Plan 2011-2013. Ed. Janet Kimmerly. New York: FDNY, 2011. FDNY Intranet. Web. 03 Mar. 2014.
• Fire Department City Of New York Annual Report 2012/2013. Rep. New York: FDNY, 2013. Print.
• Turk, Sarah. "Ambulance Services in the US." IBISWorld. N.p., Oct. 2013. Web. 7 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As an employee of The New York City Fire Department, it is our duty to know its mission state and what its internal core analysis consists off. “As first responders to fires, public safety and medical emergencies, disasters and terrorist acts, the FDNY protects the lives and property of New York City residents and visitors. The Department advances public safety through its fire prevention, investigation and education programs. The timely delivery of these services enables the FDNY to make significant contributions to the safety of New York City and homeland security efforts.... [tags: fdny, fire prevention, firefighter]
1995 words (5.7 pages)
- For thousands of years, the world has managed to survive, and even thrive on fires. Time has shown that fires are a major force driving the development of civilizations and of society. As change arose and governments were formed, their primary duty has been to protect its people. Ever since technology has grown enough to allow humans to control fires to some extent, part of a government’s responsibility is to aid in quenching the fire, and thus protecting the people who would otherwise be threatened by it.... [tags: fire department, civilization, flammability]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- I 've always always thought that the fire department was a very interesting and exciting thing to be a part of, but never really wanted to be apart of it till two years ago. One of my friends was joining the department and him and a few others talked me into joining the fire department. My first experience was a very humbling and a great learning experience. I had just joined the fire department, and I had not yet received my pager, so I was not able to know when we had a fire call. On my way to church one morning with my two sisters, I saw red flashing lights.... [tags: Firefighting, Firefighter]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- General: The Rules and Regulations of the La Grange Fire Department are a guide to the prudent action of employees of the Department, its career firefighters, and administrative personnel. Definitions: Employee – Shall refer to career officers and firefighters, and clerical staff. Fire Department Property – Shall refer to the building, equipment, grounds and vehicles occupied all or in part, by the La Grange Fire Department regardless of location. Village Property – Shall refer to all Village owned or occupied space and/or equipment.... [tags: Collective bargaining, Employment, Firefighting]
1437 words (4.1 pages)
- There are not very many Jobs that are a glamorous then the ones that are held by our nation’s firemen. They are the men and women who go diving into the heart of the deadly situation when everyone else’s instinct kicks in and are fleeing for their lives. Fire departments are responsible to aid in the protection of lives, property and the environment. Most people do not understand or have any idea about how firemen do their jobs or go about their days. “Ron Howard tried his best to depict firefighting in his movie “Backdraft”.... [tags: firefighting, fire department, fire academy]
1966 words (5.6 pages)
- The New York City Fire Department’s opportunities are to increase diversity and to improve fire prevention and safety education. Increasing diversity is considered an opportunity because it will continue to advance and support initiatives in the recruitment, retention and promotional advancement of men and women of diverse backgrounds in the fire protection, emergency medical services and as the civilians who work in headquarters division. The variety of differences between employees in an organization is workplace diversity.... [tags: social issues, prevention, safety]
1842 words (5.3 pages)
- The new employees of the Gurnee Fire Department are getting younger while our current members are getting older. Our older generations are preparing to retire which will bring a younger generation with different attitudes and views of the fire service to the forefront. This will pose a challenge to our current leadership and we need to plan how to manage this younger generation, as they will be the future leaders of the Gurnee Fire Department. Our department is currently made up of 3 generations who all have a unique perspective in their values, beliefs, and morals.... [tags: Generation Y, Generation X, Demographics]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Bolingbrook Fire Department Bolingbrook Fire Department - Strategic Planning Bolingbrook is a thriving community of 75,000 residents located approximately thirty-five miles southwest of Chicago. It consists of a large residential population, numerous corporate, industrial and warehouse districts, multiple large shopping complexes and a small municipal airport. Also located within the boundaries of Bolingbrook are two interstate highways, several small railroad branch lines and a large, but non-navigable river.... [tags: Strategic management, Organization]
2094 words (6 pages)
- Athens-Clark County Fire Department 1 Athens-Clark County Fire Department 7 Interview Paper With Athens-Clarke County Fire Department Zach G Dudley Athens Technical College Class FRSC 1100 Professor: Adam Roberts For my fire department interview I choose to interview our local Athens-Clarke County fire department. This interview was conducted on a Sunday on C- shift with Corporal Johnathan Pou. The department was very helpful and accommodating with this interview. This interview took place at station 7 located at 2390 Barnett Shoals Rd, Athens, GA, 30605 on a Sunday afternoon.... [tags: Firefighting, Firefighter]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- To analyze the city’s fire protection the ISO uses a grading system with a 100-point scale. The better grade the community receives the better off the community is in receiving lower insurance rates. The best grade possible is a class 1 which is 90.00 points or more on the grading scale. The next best grade is a class 2 with 80.00-89.99 points, then class 3 with 70-79.99, and on down to a class 10 with 0.00-9.99. Excelsior Springs was last evaluated by ISO on March 31, 2009 and currently holds a rating of 5/9.... [tags: building a new station]
1211 words (3.5 pages)