Healthy eating is vital, good food make people live a healthier life but unfortunately not everyone eats healthy daily or keep track of their healthy eating. This assignment is to help students keep track of the foods and drinks they consume daily, and what kind of food nutrients they are missing or completely having based on their food or drink intake. Another purpose for this assignment is also help students to become aware of what kind of diseases they might likely be risk at and what cautious steps they might take to either prevent or deal with the issue.
According to my dietary analysis, some of my dietary strengths are protein, carbohydrate, and vitamin C. The food I eat on most days contain good amount of protein, if I continue on eating food with good protein I should not worry about missing on healthy protein. Carbohydrate, I try not to eat too much bread or rice which helps me consume less carb on most days. Vitamin C, I get most of it from fruits or orange juice, however the better option would be to drink an orange juice with no added sugar.
According to my dietary analysis, the weaknesses of my diet are added sugars, saturated fats, and cholesterol. Added sugars, it is not healthy and it adds more calories to my diet. Added sugars are also risky, because it may add the risks of heart disease. Saturated fats, like added sugars it does not do any good to the body. Saturated fats might also contribute to heart disease, but now that I am aware of too much of it in my diet I will cut it down to a minimum. Cholesterol, most of the food I eat are high in cholesterol but after seeing my nutrient analysis that will not be the case anymore. Foods that are high in cholesterol are not safe, and it affects ...
... middle of paper ...
...od and drinking drinks that is slowing damaging my body and health. I will start with throwing the junk food I keep in the refrigerator, from there I will start buying food that are healthy. Instead of buying junk food at places like MacDonald, I will avoid taking the road that will lead me there. I will try and stop complaining about how I dislike working out, and force myself to workout at least three times a week. I will try and cut out my overeating habit as well, I will start eating my meals in small size portions. One of my new habits from now on is, I will start keeping a journal, where I will write about my progress of heathy eating, drinking, and regular exercise. Whenever I start falling back to my bad habits, I will make sure to read the journal and my dietary analysis from this assignment as reminder of why I should not go back to damaging my health.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The counting calories assignment, yielded interesting results that on a typical daily basis I would not have thought about. Throughout the assignment, where I kept track of what I ate for five days, and keep a record of the calories I consumed on a daily basis. I predicted that my average calorie intake daily, would be relatively the same as the rest of the population if not a little higher. Going into it I was interested to see the sort of results I would have, and to be able to understand how healthy my eating habits were.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Dieting, Eating]
703 words (2 pages)
- It is necessary to maintain a healthy nutrition in order to maintain a good health in life. It is a key factor to know what kind of nutrients you need for a good developing in life. When I did this assignment I learned many things about the food that I usually eat and what it is necessary for me to improve my nutrition. I also learned about how to track my daily calories and that there are empty calories that I need to take in consideration. Moreover, I discovered that I need to have more nutrients in different categories such as dietary fiber.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Obesity, Dieting]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- There was an abundance of information gained from the nutrition assignment. Firstly, I am a vegetarian and I am always concerned about getting enough protein and micronutrients in my diet. Due to this concern, I often make dishes like curries, stews, and vegetable medleys to compensate for my perceived deficiencies. Another habit I acquired from my growing concern for a balanced vegetarian diet is the frequency in which I eat. I now find myself eating around five times a day with medium proportions.... [tags: Nutrition, Meat, Fast food, Food, Vegetarianism]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- While I was tracking my eating for these three days, I began to learn about the benefits of the food that I am eating and the nourishment that they provide for my body. I had never realized how big of a role that the food that I eat plays in my everyday life. Eating has never been something that I really think about it is just something that I do. After I looking at the data of what I eat on Choose My Plate, I realized that my eating habits are far from balanced and that I needed to work on bringing my eating habits to a better balance.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Eating, Health]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- What did you learn about your eating habits while completing this assignment. While completing this assignment I learned that my eating habits need improvement as I am not meeting the daily recommended daily servings for the 5 food groups. In addition, I am eating foods that I want and crave instead of foods that are healthy, nutritious, and hold nutritional value. For example, over the span of 2 days I realized that I have consumed quite a bit of fried food and not enough vegetables and fruits.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Meal, Eating]
2021 words (5.8 pages)
- When comparing myself to the average American, I would say that my eating habits fall directly in the middle of the spectrum. I’m not a health food nut who obsessively counts calories, but I’m certainly not the person that eats pizza for all three meals. I have a ton of room for improvement, but I also have a long way to fall, if I let myself go completely. On most days, I seem to eat whatever’s around me, based on flavor and convenience. I eat most of my meals in Tower Dining, my dorm’s dining hall, and there are always several options during mealtimes: some of them healthy, some of them… less so.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Eating, Dieting, Restaurant]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- Topic: Healthy eating General purpose: To persuade Specific purpose: To persuade the audience to develop healthy eating habits Thesis: Changing your eating habits will change your life. Preview: First, I will address the root issue of many people’s eating habits, and then I will expand on how you can and why you should develop a healthier lifestyle. Organizational pattern: Monroe’s Motivated Sequence Introduction I) I am sure all of you have heard of the infamous “freshman fifteen.” a. I won’t ask who has gained this weight, but by a raise of hands, how many of you have thought to yourself, “Are my jeans getting tighter?” b. I’ll admit, I definitely felt like my clothes were shrinking.... [tags: Speech Essays]
681 words (1.9 pages)
- Proper nutrition is important in maintaining a long and healthy life. Most Americans are rushed due to their busy work schedules, and do not take the time to plan their diets properly. Like me, most Americans are unaware of the importance of eating a healthy diet and consume too many foods without the proper nutrients. Throughout my life I have been fortunate. I have not had any major health problems, and have been able to consume most foods without having to worry about gaining weight. These last two years, however, I started to gain weight and have become concerned with my diet.... [tags: Health Nutrition Pyramid Diet]
1786 words (5.1 pages)
- This assignment is geared toward developing a nursing intervention to encourage healthy eating habits among teenagers. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, “obesity has more than tripled in adolescents in the past 30 years” (Adolescent and social health). Using a grounded theory study, I aim to determine how this astronomical increase has managed to occur, and explore strategies to reduce the risk as well as promote prevention of adolescent obesity through encouragement of healthy eating habits.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Health]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- For the past seven days I have kept a detailed log of my daily diet, exercise, rest and safety. The week I logged wasn’t a normal week for me, as I worked five overnights in a row. I usually only work one or two days a week, but was needed for extra coverage so I thought working nights would be easy. Not realizing how much of a toll it would take on my body and emotional well-being. I could have easily done my assignment about another week but I feel I learned a lot about myself during this time.... [tags: Nutrition, Allergy, Dieting, Eating]
782 words (2.2 pages)