In our life, nutrition plays a very important roll and people need to be more educated about it. Obesity is a significant problem in our society; more than one-third of the adults in America are obese. The majority of people who try to lose weight do not know how to deal with it and therefor they end up whit different results coursing severe injuries to themselves. There are so many different types of diet programs advertised in the media and it is can be very confusing to know which one you can trust to be effective, which one actually works for you. To determine whether a diet works or not for you, it is necessary to know your own metabolism and how it works. Today, many people do not properly control what they consuming on daily basis and are not aware on how to properly balance their diet because they are not educated in how to count the amount of nutrients intake per day. For instant, everyone should be conscious on what is nutrition, the properties of minerals, nutrients and vitamins, what are their values and the effects of each element in various nutrients. However, there is a special system to loose weight, for some people it might or might not work satisfactorily. Lets see what are the characteristics of a sound diet by Robert C. Atkins, MD, who is the founder and medical chairman of The Atkins Center for Complementary Medicine, in New York City. A 1951 graduate of the University of Michigan, in which involve the right in adequacy, balance, calories, moderation and variety.
The characteristics of a sound diet should be accomplished by five most important categories. adequacy, balance, calorie, moderation and variety. First adequacy, meaning that, it is always necessary to have the right amount or just su...
... middle of paper ...
... body is build to take just a settle amount of nutrients, not too much or not too little just the right amount of calories for the brain to fulfill its functions. Each individual need to eat in moderation and avoid the bad choices in nutrients, other wise it will result in health problems, not now but in the future. It is important and is recommended to have a wide variety of nutrients in foods where individuals will be able to have a choice. The Atkins diet, do not work for every one. In addition there are a lot of contraditions on the topic of Atkins diet, some people likes it and feel happy about it and others complain. I addition it is recommended to who ever I going to organize a diet plan, to do a genetic test before. That way, will know which diet will work better for their metabolism. Make sure to read the labels when grocery chopping.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In our life, nutrition plays a very important roll and people need to be more educated about it. Obesity is a significant problem in our society; more than one-third of the adults in America are obese. The majority of people who try to lose weight do not know how to deal with it and therefor they end up whit different results coursing severe injuries to themselves. There are so many different types of diet programs advertised in the media and it is can be very confusing to know which one you can trust to be effective, which one actually works for you.... [tags: obesity, nutrition, calories]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- 1. Customer Segment (6 points) 250 words or more: Is the customer segment narrowed down enough. Ali has narrowed to down enough since she wants to focus on women who wanted to lose weight. Several overweight and obese women have tried to lose weight unsuccessfully because of having medical issues such as weight gain and stress. She should have included the age groups whom she wanted to target. Examples might include middle to upper class women based on age, lifestyle, and income. Does the customer segment make sense with the problem that is being focused on.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Weight loss, Dieting]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Stages of a Weight Loss Journey By Sandy Reynolds | Submitted On December 09, 2010 Recommend Article Article Comments Print Article Share this article on Facebook Share this article on Twitter Share this article on Google+ Share this article on Linkedin Share this article on StumbleUpon Share this article on Delicious Share this article on Digg Share this article on Reddit Share this article on Pinterest As you begin your efforts to lose weight, you must realize that any successful weight loss endeavor is a continuing journey.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Weight loss, Dieting]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Obesity and weight loss Thin people shouldn’t have to pay Medicare and other health costs for the health complication of obese people. Obese people should have higher insurances. Because, obese people have the preference to exercise but they chose not to, they have high-level risks of disease then thin people and also, obese people have sufficient money to eat then they should have enough to afford for their doctors’ visits. They say that obese will go up over the next 5 decades by 2 to 5 years.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Weight loss, Dieting]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- Rapid Weight Loss Are you looking for a fast weight loss plan fast weight loss plan, specifically designed for women, that does not require any special equipment for exercise, or extra stuff to use. Today is your lucky day. I will let you in on an open secret - and since this is exceptionally for women; men you may leave now (or stay and be quiet ;-) ). Imagine a rapid weight loss program that takes into consideration that undergoing weight loss or fat loss is more complicated for females than males.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Weight loss, AIDS]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- With that being said, the opposite side of the spectrum also holds true. The more strict a diet is, the harder it is to keep up with. People are not meant to be deprived of calories that their bodies require for extended periods of time (¨Diet and Weight-Loss…¨). There is a reason that every body has a different calorie allowance. They all can adjust to certain diets. Constant deprivation will result in succumbing to the wants of the body or halting fat loss due to adaptation. Restricting a body from food sources will fail due to lack of response regarding the rapid absence of nutrients.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Dieting, Weight loss]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- Top 50 Weight Loss Tips For Mom You Will Surely Love These Weight Loss Tips for Mom Are For You. Loss weight tips for mom are here and there; unfortunately, some do not work for you. As a mom, we are oftentimes low on time our kids are our top priority. There are more than a hundred ideas about losing weight, but it’s a challenge to find the one you can trust. With so many things that you find from books and the Internet. Sadly, with so many available options, we usually end up doing or applying none of them.... [tags: Nutrition, Dieting, Meal, Weight loss]
2412 words (6.9 pages)
- There are so many weight loss products on the market, it 's difficult to know which product is best. It 's confusing to say the least and it 's frustrating. Everyone is making the same claim of being superior to the other. They say they are all natural but when you read the ingredients, it list all of this other stuff that 's almost impossible to understand. Garcinia Cambogia has been in the news for a while now and with some pretty awesome feedback. It claims that you will lose with and you won 't have to exercise or change your diet.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Dieting, Weight loss]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- Has the most important weight loss discovery been made by a man named Jonny Bowden. He thinks it has, and he wants to share it in the Metabolic Factor. For almost two decades he helped people lose fat by focusing on calories, insulin levels, and other common weight loss tactics, but now he 's discovered a breakthrough in fat loss that is nothing like he 's ever seen before. We had to know more about this revolutionary fat loss program, and what we found is in this Metabolic Factor review. What Is This All About.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Dieting, Weight loss]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Pay attention. If you 've spent any time at all possibly trying to lose weight, learning how to do so, and even knowing somebody who 's looking to do it - you 'll probably find some kind of calorie counting element. And of course, most of the really well-known weight loss programs revolve around counting and controlling your caloric intake. But there is something these programs don 't appear to tell you while they 're cashing your monthly check, and that 's how easy efficient can be. You don 't need a calculator, a big poster sized graph chart, or any of that other things.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Dieting, Weight loss]
1009 words (2.9 pages)