1.The characteristics that intrigued me of the nursing practice was as a patient at the Danbury Medical Center. As a patient, the nurses gave me the most delightful patient care ever received. They took their time to make sure my care was an urgency. When my pain had increased the nurses were there by my side. They had taken the time to make sure the proper dose of medicine was given to me at the correct time. Even though my current status was lying in bed with a fractured femur. They took the time to make sure my needs were met. I had never expected that going to the hospital from flying off a cliff on my skateboard would direct me in my future dream job. The nurses showed me what patient care really and truly was. Patient care is putting others in front of your own needs. Being a great nurse is showing your patient that there is hope. Patient care is not only making sure your patient is satisfied but making sure their family and loved ones are cared for as well.
Taking the time to get to know the nurses at Danbury Medical Center, I to this day remained in contact with Claudette Novella. She was a nurse working in the pediatric department at the Danbury Medical Center. She made sure my care was the greatest care possible. She became a great friend to my parents as well as a great friend to me. She mentored me through my nursing education and told me terrific stories about her nursing career. As we began to grow a friendship, becoming a Registered Nurse became a dream for me. She really opened my eyes to my future and became my role model. I feel to this day that the care you provide to your patient is the best characteristic of the nursing practice that you can demonstrate.
2. Earning my Cert...
... middle of paper ...
...ld me to complete the classes at Indian River State College then come back. A month after my son was born, I earned my Associates degree and continued to communicate with Wayne that I chose Keiser University Nursing Program. He had never turned his back on me and now that I will be accepted into the nursing program. Keiser University nursing program will be a great fit for me because of the hands-on training, the smaller classroom sizes, as well as the wonderful staff I have encountered on the way. The hands-on training will teach me the proper way to perform nursing tasks. The smaller classroom sizes will help me learn many nursing fundamentals. The wonderful staff will help guide me with the knowledge of nursing that will benefit me in the nursing field. Overall, Keiser University’s Nursing Program has a great program that will value me as a future nursing student.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Self-Analysis Self-analysis is a way the author reflects on her own personality traits and improve on the known weaknesses moving forward. It is very important because it enables her to succeed in college. Reflecting on the already-known strengths and weaknesses, she can identify five learned behaviors that will not empower her to succeed in the nursing program. Furthermore, she can also identify five learned behaviors that will enable her success in the nursing program. Learner Behaviors That Do Not Empower Success The five learned behaviors that the author identified that will not empower her success in the nursing program are taking ineffective notes in lecture, refraining from making eye... [tags: Psychology, Motivation, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- Research articles exist which expand our understanding of the role transition on the transition from baccalaureate nursing student to professional nurse. The objective of this paper is to identify peer reviewed journals for scholarly sources, acceptable evidence and target audience for the purposes of this assignment. The Process I searched for peer reviewed journals within the following databases: Academic Search Complete, Academic Search Elite, Health Sources: Nursing/Academic Edition and Education Research Complete.... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- This memo is to discuss what I have learned from the technical writing course and its impact on my writing skill as a nursing professional. Good writing skills for nurses improve health care delivery and promote empowerment. In the last 5 weeks, I have learnt to use a systematic process for writing and revising documents. I also got the opportunity to practice my technical writing by completing the hands on assignments included in the course work. One of the key things I learnt in this course is the importance of the audience that the document will be addressed to.... [tags: audience, communication, purpose]
585 words (1.7 pages)
- Purpose: You will write a four-page MLA style report on a topic of you choice along with three areas of the topic, with teacher approval on a submitted memo. You will do a smart search for information and write a five section report on the topic using proper MLA style format as well as correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Good writing is also an expected criterion for this assignment. Project: 100 points DIRECTIONS: MEMO- 20 points 1. Save as MLAReportMemo.docx. Select a topic and type a memo to Mrs.... [tags: Assignment]
690 words (2 pages)
- "Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated, thus, everyone's task is unique as his specific opportunity." -Viktor Frankl Done because I was told to do so, I think not. All assignments are done by people like me who care where they will be ten, twenty, even thirty years from now. Assignments are designed to further ones knowledge about a specific subject, and this one is pushing me to do better.... [tags: Writing Assignment]
511 words (1.5 pages)
- Beginning in grade school students are taught a basic curriculum for English, some of the basics being: five sentences equaling a paragraph and five paragraphs equaling a essay. The beginning of the English learning stage is a time to get engaged in reading and writing. Honestly, most children when they are younger start loving to read and write but do they stay that way throughout middle school, high school, or even college. No, nine out of ten times kids who started out loving to read and write end up dreading it.... [tags: The Joy of Writing]
1546 words (4.4 pages)
- I’m currently a sophomore at Sacramento State University. I’m majoring in Nursing. English 20M is one of the required classes for graduation. In English 20M, I did many writing and reading assignments. For informal assignments, there were summary & response papers, the midterm exam, writer’s workshop, worksheets, pop quizzes and conferences with the instructor. With the formal assignments, there were formal assignment 1(FA1), poster presentation, formal assignment 2 (FA2) and group presentation.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Genre, Critical thinking]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- Before agreeing to accept the assignment, these are questions Patricia needs to ask. What is the assignment. Patricia should ensure that she understand what the assignment entails and if there is anything she is unsure about, she should get clarification and avoid making assumptions. What are the characteristics of the patients being assigned. Patricia should be aware of the types of patients she will be working with, their acuity, resources that are available and the team that she will be working with in addition to discharges and readmissions.... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse, Physician, Patient]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Along with what is offered educationally, McGregor PACE scores very high in the domain of Care Support, on the Patient-and Family-Centered Organizational Self-Assessment Tool (Self-Assessment Tool, 2013). Family members are an integral part of the McGregor PACE program. Without them, most of the participants would be placed in a long-term care facility. They are undeniably active members of the team. Family members have full access to loved ones while they are at the site. If the participant is hospitalized or temporarily placed in a long-term care facility, McGregor PACE is still responsible for oversight of the care provided to the participant (McGregor PACE website, n.d.).... [tags: nursing staff, medical emergency]
1742 words (5 pages)
- ATI Assignment two Nursing logic The second assignment on ATI was called Nursing Logic. Under this module, there were four units; knowledge and clinical judgment, nursing concepts, priority setting frameworks, and testing and remediation. These units provided rich explanations to nursing students on how to gain knowledge and obtain the necessary clinical judgment, the importance of prioritizing care in certain situations, and the values of testing and remediation throughout nursing school. Unit one discussed what knowledge is and how to obtain it.... [tags: Nursing, Patient, Health care]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Personal Attributes And Specific Job Related
- Social Class And Social Status
- Is The Best Thing About Uber?
- How Race And Ethnicity Shape Identity Through The Media Show Society The Severity Of The Racist Law Enforcement
- Programming : Job And Code
- Day Of Destruction, Days Of Revolt By Chris Hedges And Joe Sacco