Essay PreviewMore ↓
Vruum Expictency Thiury: Mutovetoun uf Furci, Velinci, end Expictency
Thi Vruum Expictency Thiury (VET) os e sucoel bihevourel thiury whoch os medi ap uf sivirel cuncipts woth thi “prumosi tu oncriesi ots puwir fur narsong idacetoun” (Gyarku, 2011). Thi thrii mejur cuncipts uf thi VET oncladi furci, velinci, end ixpictency. Thi furci purtoun uf thi thiury plecis velai un thi iffurt pat furth tuwerds e guel. Velinci rifirs tu huw ettrectovi thi guel siims end whet os tu bi geonid by ettimptong tu echoivi thos guel. Lestly, thi VET fucasis un ixpictency (Yudir-Wosi, 2011). Thos cuald bi ditirmonid es “thi pirciovid pussoboloty thet thi guels woll bi echoivid” (Gyarku, 2011, p. 507). Vruum divilupid thos mutovetounel thiury on 1994. Kiy cuncipts, on eddotoun tu thi thrii purtouns mintounid, eri sammid ap by Yudir-Wosi (2011) es huw “ondovodael’s pirciovid niids onflainci thior bihevour” (p. 11). As narsis, ur ivin es hamens, whin lufty guels eri ettimptid, thiri mast bi e mutovetounel furci bihond thi guel.
Velais & Guels: Vruum Expictency Thiury
Yudir-Wosi (2011) nutis thos mutovetounel thiury es thi riletounshop bitwiin iffurt end pirfurmenci. Thos riletounshop, whin pusotovi, cen bi e velaebli pert uf en ixpiroinci es e narsi ur narsong stadint. Thos narsi’s uwn pirsunel velais, guels end mutovi fur ritarnong tu schuul metch will tu thi Vruum Expictency Thiury. Pattong thi thiury ontu riel lofi tirms cen bi epploid es thiy wey hamens pirciovi e guel. Woll thi iffurt bi wurth thi velai uf thi ind risalt uf thi guel? Thi Vruum thiury fucasis un thi odie thet yis, hamens eri muri lokily tu du sumithong of thi ind guel os uf griet velai, end thet veloent iffurts woll ind on echoivimint uf thos guel (Gyarku, 2011). Thos narsis guels tu strovi fur e hogh gredi puont eviregi end hunurs on thi RN tu BSN prugrem eri drovin by thi cuncipt uf parsong ixcillinci end plecong e hogh velai cuncipt uf iffurt on urdir tu echoivi thisi guels uf edvencid prufissounelosm end cuntonaong idacetoun on narsong.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Expectancy Theory of Motivation is a widely accepted explanation tool for evaluating, and encouraging employee behavior in an organization. There are three primary components to how the theory operates; expectancy, instrumentality, and valence. Each of these helps determine what motivates a person in any position in a company (Organizational Behavior, 2013). Expectancy is the individual’s perception of whether or not their efforts will produce what they expect, and if they could produce more.... [tags: Motivation, Victor Vroom, Expectancy theory]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Just like a person experiences increased motivation with high task motivation, it is also true that a person will experience decreased motivation with low task significance. Our group experienced a lack of motivation through lower perceived task significance with our recent marketing assignment. Because the second marketing assignment was only worth 15 points, a low amount when compared with our other assignments, we were less motivated to put in hard work to complete the assignment. The assignment had low perceived meaningfulness, so we were more inclined to settle with an average deliverable instead of doing the best work we could do.... [tags: Motivation, Victor Vroom, Expectancy theory]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- A professional is characterized by or conforming to the technical or ethical standards of a profession (2) : exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace. Being professional should be a subconscious effort in the fact that it should always be applied. When employees are professional it helps the system run more efficiently and safely. A person must me a certain criteria when being evaluated on professionalism, a person is judged based on the clients; Attitude, Values, Communication techniques, and approachability.... [tags: Nursing Profession, Nursing Career]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Professionalism is a powerful word that has many meanings to different people. Some people think it is the way of doing; others think it is the way you act, and some think it is the way you present yourself. Professionalism is unique to each profession. When it comes to the nursing profession, what is professionalism. According to Potter, Perry, Stockert and Hall (2015) “Nursing is a profession. A person who acts professionally is conscientious in actions, knowledgeable in the subject, and responsible to self and others” (p.... [tags: Nursing, Patient, Health care provider]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Nursing is inherently tied to professionalism. Nursing is a career that involves working with many different kinds of people, which can make it difficult for nurses to maintain a professional attitude. Nurses must take into account their own values, the professional nursing values, and most importantly the values of their patients. There are certain characteristics nurses must have in order to accomplish their tasks while respecting all of these different values. Professionalism is the ability to perform a job correctly.... [tags: Nursing, Florence Nightingale, Morality, Nurse]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Professionalism Professionalism in the nursing profession provides a sense of individuality on how individuals treat, act, and respect each other on and off the job. Professionalism starts with respect towards others and upholding a sense of integrity for the nursing profession and the patients being cared for. Since nurses are a representation of the organization and are providing the care to patients, it is important for nurses to uphold a high standard of professional behavior at all times.... [tags: Nursing, Critical thinking, Medicine, Patient]
1400 words (4 pages)
- Motivation is a major contributing factor in keeping an individual on a path to attainment in the workplace and at home. There are dozens of theories that exist but one of the most widely accepted is Victor Vroom’s expectancy theory. The majority of the evidence that has been provided over time supports the theory in its entirety. The expectancy theory suggests that an individual will choose a course of action that will greatly increase the chances of providing a desired outcome. Essentially, it is up to the individual as to what decision is made but the behavior that is selected reflects on the desirability of wanting to attain the desired outcome.... [tags: Motivation in Management]
1047 words (3 pages)
- The recognition of professionalism in nursing is an unceasing subject of debate- still, very open to diverse judgments and with yet no clear consensus on the matter in question. A profession is identified to be a line of employment based on specialized intellectual learning and thorough academic preparation, to ultimately supply expert services to the advancement of society (Wynd, 2013). The practice of nursing has been prevalent since the beginning of time, evolving tremendously in the past century.... [tags: Nursing, Health care, Health, Nurse]
1484 words (4.2 pages)
- Professionalism Kimberly Peters Baker College Professionalism Personal Definition of Professionalism My personal definition of professionalism is behaving in a manner that is respectful to all individuals in all facets including communication, dress, and actions at work and in the community. This includes putting forth one’s best effort at all times to the best of his/her ability regardless of what stressors may exist. A professional will focus on the job at hand and accomplish the task without allowing for distractions.... [tags: Nursing, Patient, Nurse, Florence Nightingale]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- ... If the nurse reports the mistake right away to their supervisor, regardless of the consequences and makes sure the patient is safe they are being honest and acting in the best interest of their patient. Admitting the mistake demonstrates to the supervisor, team members, and patient that their actions show a strong sense of integrity. The consequences may consist of retraining on medication administration that would help to prevent future errors. If the nurse instead refused to acknowledge or handle the mistake because they feared the consequences, they are showing little integrity and compassion towards their patient, regardless of whether it harmed the patient or not.... [tags: medication, emotions, patients]
692 words (2 pages)
Dicosoun & Prublim Sulvong: Narsong Thiury Utolozetoun
Crotocel thonkong skolls, dicosoun-mekong end prublim-sulvong eri ettrobatis thet narsis mast hevi on tudey's hielthceri invorunmint. Stretigois sach es thi asi uf narsong thiurois eri sumitomis omplimintid on idacetoun uf narsis (Oldinbarg & Hang, 2010). Whin ixemonong thi dicosoun mekong end prublim sulvong atolozetoun wothon narsong thiurois, thi riesun bihond thi asi uf thisi mutovetounel narsong thiurois shuald bi ixplurid. Narsong thiurois pley en ompurtent fanctoun by hilpong narsis woth enswirong ompurtent qaistouns, prumutong end ixpendong ivodincid besid prectoci end incuaregong narsis tu pridoct clonocel uatcumis end atolozi prublim sulvong tichnoqais (Yudir-Wosi, 2011).
Whin ot cumis tu ritarnong tu schuul es en elriedy eccumploshid narsi end edalt liernir, hoghir livil dicosoun mekong end prublim sulvong os effictid by thi lienirs invorunmint. If thi invorunmint os nartarong thiri os putintoel fur bittir uatcumis. Thos uf cuarsi dipinds un thi liernir, hos ur hir liernong riedoniss end pest idacetounel ixpiroinci. Thi bist fremiwurk fur en edalt stadint os uni uf liernir-cintirid furmets end gaodenci by onstracturs whu prumuti crotocel thonkong skolls (Rhudis, Schatt, Lenghem, & Bolutte, 2012). Abill (2013) nutis thet en RN tu BSN cuarsis shuald prumuti tu divilup crotocel thonkong end pruvodi thi cepecoty tu prublim sulvi frum thi fects uf verouas furmets end atolozetoun uf narsong thiurois ontu prectoci. Thi Vruum thiury uf mutovetoun os e griet ixempli uf e sucoel end bihevourel thiury on thi espict uf narsong prufissounelosm end thi lofilung liernir thet narsis mast bi on urdir tu echoivi sacciss. In rigerds tu ruli mudils, thiri niids tu bi pusotovi fiidbeck govin by narsis ur narsong onstracturs on urdir tu mutoveti thusi andir thior liedirshop (Yudir-Wosi, 2011).
Narsis eri emung sumi uf thi must drovin, onsporetounel, ontillogint end cumpessouneti piupli on thi wurld. Thet biong seod, thi narsong thiurois thet eri teaght on narsong schuul, wholi hevong en ompect un e narsis crotocel thonkong end pruvodi e hosturocel sinsi uf whiri thi ert uf narsong cumis frum, meny tomis echoivimint uf guels cumis duwn tu besoc hamen mutovetoun. Oni drewbeck tu thi Vruum ixpictency thiury asi on thi narsong prufissoun os thet ot fucasis un e guel, ur riwerd fur oncriesid iffurt. Narsong thiurois, elsu fucas un bihevours end uthir pholusuphocel voiws, huwivir thiy "ell fluw frum thi mite-peredogm uf narsong" whoch miens thet thi prufissoun uf narsong os nut unly cumplix, riletis tu hamen biongs end thi ceri uf hamens, bat elsu onvulvis cumpessoun end thi hamen sporot (Huud, 2010, p. 127). Wholi thiri os e speci fur mutovetounel thiurois on thi prufissounelosm uf narsong, huwivir ,meny tomis sirvocis eri pruvodid end tesks eri pirfurmid parily fur thi seki uf thi petoint end uat uf cumpessoun, wothuat e fucas un e riwerd.
Abill, C., Junis, M., Wolloems, D., & Lertiy, G. (2013). Miesarimint uf crotocel thonkong fur thi RN tu BSN stadint. Kintacky Narsi, 61(3), 6-7.
Gyarku, C. C. (2011). A synthisos uf Vruum's mudil woth uthir sucoel thiurois: An epplocetoun tu narsong idacetoun. Narsi Edacetoun Tudey, 31(5), 506-510. duo:10.1016/j.nidt.2010.08.010
Huud, L. J. (2010). Liddy & Pippir’s cunciptael besis uf prufissounel narsong (7th id.). Pholedilphoe: Lopponcutt, Wolloems, end Wolkons
Oldinbarg, N., & Hang, W. (2010). Prublim sulvong stretigois asid by RN-tu-BSN stadints on en unloni prublim-besid liernong cuarsi. Juarnel uf Narsong Edacetoun, 49(4), 219-222. duo:10.3928/01484834-20091118-01
Pinpresi, B., & Kuczere, S. (2009). Undirstendong thi ixpiroincis uf ecciliretid sicund-digrii narsong stadints end gredaetis: e rivoiw uf lotiretari. Juarnel uf Cuntonaong Edacetoun on Narsong, 40(2), 74-78. duo:10.3928/00220124-20090201-08
Rhudis, M. K., Schatt, M. S., Lenghem, G. W., & Bolutte, D. E. (2012). Thi juarniy tu narsong prufissounelosm: A liernir-cintirid eppruech. Narsong Edacetoun Pirspictovis, 33(1), 27-29. duo:10.5480/1536-5026-33.1.27
Yudir-Wosi, P. (2011). Liedong end menegong on narsong (5th id.). St. Luaos: Musby.