Nurses love that they can make a difference in the lives of different patients who suffer from all kinds of issues and problems, and who have their own stories. Nurses care for the patients and their loved ones, being there to hold their hands during the scariest fight of their life when every second matters. Each individual nurse might define their goals in nursing differently, but they all give time to share in their patients ' pain and joy. The nursing profession is an ongoing challenge. Every skill, every theory, and every experience learned in nursing school matters in improving the patients ' well-being. The nursing practice is a complex combination of art and science. The art of nursing refers to the nurses’ qualities like communicativeness, caring and compassionate (Palos, 2014). In contrast, the science of nursing involves the acquisition of reliable knowledge and technical skills (Palos, 2014). The balance of these two different aspects is the foundation of the nursing profession. Applying both aspects is fundamental in nursing practice. I have been a registered nurse for about two years, working as an RN supervisor in a nursing facility. For me, nursing is in my heart and also in my brain. Nurses cannot practice the art of nursing without the science, and they also practice the science without the art.
The art of nursing
The art of nursing involves the nurses ' compassion, insight, and intuition which are necessary in providing holistic care for patient. It also includes the values and the meaning of the patient-nurse relationship. For example, the art of nursing reflects the pattern of the nurse-patient relationship which is based on patterns of personal, ethical, and aesthetic practices (Thomas, ...
... middle of paper ...
...t least ten jobs in community nursing as a case manager in Los Angeles county by the end of 2016. While I am looking for a management position, I will continue volunteering in the community where I am currently involved. After working on the new job for a while, I will research at least five public health programs that offer master 's degrees by the end of 2019. I believe that higher education will open more opportunities for me to realize my dream job – working in a nonprofit health organization to promote a safe and healthy community. While I continue my education, I will find a career of the nursing director in a nonprofit organization by 2021. Through the job, I will learn and develop my management skills which will be beneficial when I eventually run my organization. My dreams will continue growing, and there is no doubt that my nursing career is just beginning.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
Nursing Profession Of Art And Science Governed By Standards Demonstrating Compassion, Integrity, And Respect
- Introduction Nursing career is a profession of art and science governed by standards demonstrating compassion, integrity, and respect to those they serve. Nurses are responsible and held accountable in upholding the standards of “Code of Ethics” set by the American Nursing Association (ANA, 2001, 2015). As the Healthcare Network evolves and becomes more complex so too must nursing change to meet the demands and needs of the people they serve. Advancing down the educational pathway allows nurses to have the opportunity to increase their knowledge in order to meet the needs and demands.... [tags: Nursing, Florence Nightingale, Goal, Nurse]
1749 words (5 pages)
- 1 Introduction Project management in project success is one topic that can be called as an art and science. Many of the papers date back several decades and even the fresher ones are not able to comprehensively and simply answer the question what makes successful project management and how to measure project success in overall. There are several factors that need to take into account and seems there are almost as many answers as there are opinions. In this paper I have focused more on the effects of project management on project success on the changing field as the world is more digitalised as before.... [tags: Project management, Management, Construction]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- Nursing is healthcare associated profession which is concern with the wellbeing of clients to help manage and subsequently restore people back to their perfect or most favorable level of health and well-being. Human Science is an aspect of research dedicated to the study of the meaning and experiences that governs human life and existence. Human science is a stem of a broader term known as a Humanism. Humanism can be explained as the prioritization of human needs, values and interests. Humanism also involves theory and enquiry of issues associated with humans and makes the ideas of supernatural, divine being irrelevant.... [tags: Nursing, Human, Interpersonal relationship]
1387 words (4 pages)
- Nursing is a dynamic profession built upon a foundation of art and science. It has adapted to rapidly changing technology, rising patient acuity, and weathered the challenge of nursing shortages with an unwavering commitment to professionalism. In this paper I will discuss my beliefs and values, my vision for the future, and my strengths and limitation in pursuing my career goals. I will also reflect upon the influences that contributed to choosing nursing as a profession. Choice of Nursing In truth, a wide range of career possibilities did not exist in Southern Indiana where I grew up.... [tags: nursing, medical, ]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Nursing is an art and a science and exists to promote health and well being for patients and their families. Nursing school prepares new graduates with a foundation to which they can build upon in the world of patient care. By keeping in mind the patient care needs in all aspects of consideration through the mind; body and soul nurses can be more proactive in-patient centered care in their approach to nursing. Through subjective and objective, data nurses can strive to provide high quality care.... [tags: Nursing, McEwen, science]
1671 words (4.8 pages)
- Photography is a well-known and highly practiced hobby, profession, art, and a tool to be a part of nature (“What is Photography?”). Today, Photography is seen and used in many public viewing subjects like advertising, magazines, newspapers, business, promotions for companies and industries, billboards, movies, and architecture. Photography also acts as an outlet to connect people and the world through arts, histories, cultures, interests, and locations (Williams). Through photographs we preserve history and evoke the essence of places other people have not been to (Williams).... [tags: art, hobby, profession]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- The impact of the War on Terrorism on our military is profound. Over the past decade the Army has rapidly expanded, lowered its entry standards, and reprioritized its training objectives. Now as the wars now diminish, the Army again faces change due to budget cuts and troop reduction. Such actions have forced critics to question whether the Army is still meeting the expectations of a profession. The answer is that the Army is holding true to the title of a “Profession of Arms” like never before.... [tags: profession, budget, reduction, standards]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Profession of Nursing is always regards as a complex, dynamic and noble. The nursing profession requires many things such as hard work, a vast knowledge, excellent communication skills, and a passion for the noble profession. All these qualities are needed to be an effective nurse. Today, nurses are living in a world of ever changing field of medicine .The present patient statistics poses, nurses are expected to take responsibility of accomplishing the requirements. The requirement for excellent nursing skills is added as well as well-formed skills in different aspect.... [tags: Nursing Profession]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- The science of aesthetics cannot be well-defined until a certain set of “rules” are distinguished. Only then, will a theory of art be able to be established that will satisfy a specific set of individuals. Even if a work of art depicts something absurd or uncommon, someone is bound to find enjoyment in it as every individual has different perceptions of what should be deemed “good” or “bad”. Once this absurdity has been acknowledged and accepted, a new theory will surely emerge. Tolstoy goes on to say that because the theory of art is founded on beauty, it will only satisfy a certain group of individuals.... [tags: Art, Aesthetics, Visual arts, Feeling]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- Teaching is a very complex profession. Many facets of education need to be taken in order to be successful as a teacher. Teaching is not solely about imparting the skills and knowledge. It is about love and relationships that not only allows learning to happen but encourages children 's development holistically and empowers them to work towards their dreams and becoming who they want to be. The first belief in my philosophy of teaching is that each child is unique and learning should be child centered, which will motivate the children to learn new skills and knowledge.... [tags: Education, Developmental psychology, Learning]
1392 words (4 pages)
- What Is A Home?
- The Human Cytochrome P450 Is Responsible For Various Catalytic Activities
- How Does The Amount Of Direct Light Effect The Cellular Process Of Photosynthesis?
- Analysis Of Thomas Hobbes 's ' Leviathan '
- The Great Leaders Break The Mold Of Doubt By Setting High Standards
- Modern Art And Modern Culture