The first criterion about environmental friendly technology is that the energy involved should be from other resources beside fossil fuel. This one seems to be a first step to become environmental friendly because burning fossil fuel is the main factor in environment problem in the time now. Barreras et al. (2012) gave a great insight in this matter ‘Unfortunately, hydrocarbon combustion has a major impact on the global environment because it is …… the principal cause of climate warming and air pollution” (2012). In this example, they indicated that using of fossil fuel cause climate warning and air pollution, w...
... middle of paper ...
... fit in using other energy resources than fossil fuel, it can cause huge damage to human and environment. Also, it is not renewable. Therefore, it is not an environmental friendly technology.
Environmental friendly technology can produce a lot of benefit into the environment and to human being. However, to be called as an environmental friendly technology is not that easy. To develop an environmental friendly technology not only just stop using fossil fuel, but also required other criteria. In the focus of this paper, nuclear propulsion is a great technology in this day and can solve a lot of environmental and energy problem. However it is not environmental friendly. With the high speed of improvement of technology in this day, future engineers may be able to produce a great technology that can solve all the environmental problem and is truly environmental friendly.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Green energy Green Technology, or environmently friendly technology, is technology that does not harm the environment, One reason green energy is superior to other engergy sources, is it does noto deplete the Earths natural resources. Another great reason to use green energy is it does not harm the environnment when making energy as much as other ways. One of the best ways of creating green energy is through wind turbines.Wind turbines generate electricty through kinetic energy from the wind. When wind blows and catches on the blades they spin, which then makes a generater convert that into usable energy.... [tags: cold fusion, alternative sources of energy]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- Why Choose Cozy Earth: Eco-Friendly Bedding Why should you choose Cozy Earth over other bed sets. Sure, it’s eco-friendly, but so are a lot of other bed sets, right. Well, many bedding companies aren’t as eco-friendly as they lead you to believe. As a matter of fact, the manufacturing process for most companies, traditional cotton and other bamboo companies alike, actually contribute to the pollution problem. However, Cozy Earth bamboo bedding is different. No matter what step in the manufacturing process you look at, Cozy Earth is environmentally conscious.... [tags: Environment, Environmentally friendly, Geology]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- With the advent of human space travel becoming more and more viable with a continued effort and drive from the private sector in the recent 10 years the dream of space travel for regular people is slowly but surely becoming realized. Private space companies such as Virgin Galactic, Space X, Ad Astra and many more around the world are racing to the ‘final frontier’ trying to produce a viable and commercially successful, profitable business. With many opportunities both financial and ideological to be had, the push for space exploration is reaching levels that were present during the US – USSR space race of the 1950’s, 60’s and 70’s.... [tags: Space Propulsion Systems]
2910 words (8.3 pages)
- Remediating the environment has been a struggle for our nation and our planet for quite some time. For all the effort and expense on the part of governments and citizens to improve the environment, many environmentalists still do not see much benefit, and believe that environmental problems may soon become a crisis. “Most ecologists would agree that humans are plowing through the Earth’s natural resources at an unsustainable rate — and pushing up against some worrisome thresholds in the biosphere.” (Raudsepp-Hearne) Perhaps the problem is that humanity has not figured out the correct incentives to solve our substantial ecological dilemma.... [tags: Encourage Eco-Friendly Behavior]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Nuclear Energy - Clean, Environmentally Friendly Energy Nuclear energy is the world's largest source of emission-free energy. Nuclear power plants produce no controlled air pollutants, such as sulfur and particulates, or greenhouse gases. "Renewables" like solar, wind and biomass can help. But only nuclear power offers clean, environmentally friendly energy on a massive scale. The use of nuclear energy in place of other energy sources helps to keep the air clean, preserve the Earth's climate, avoid ground-level ozone formation and prevent acid rain.... [tags: Energy]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- Ralston Hall Mindy Townsend ENGL 1010 8:00 15 October, 2014 The Environmental Impact of Nuclear Power Plant Nuclear power plants do not belong in our world today due the major safety concerns they provide. The topic of nuclear energy has been discussed for the past fifty years; for the longest time, it was an unknown power with untapped capabilities one could only dream of. It was not until the 1940 's that scientist got a better grasp of the technology, and unlocked its potential. Unfortunately, this discovery was not a good thing at the time because nuclear technology was solely used to develop atomic bombs.... [tags: Nuclear power, Chernobyl disaster]
2144 words (6.1 pages)
- Becoming Environmentally Friendly What I think of Walmart green initiatives is actually quite simple: the initiatives are working and they are working well. Essentially, the corporation is making a difference inside and outside the business world. When you take Walmart’s history and that of its competitors into consideration, it is very refreshing to see a company of such prominence take a real stand on environmental issues rather than conduct one environmentally friendly initiative and never give another thought to it again.... [tags: Environment, Environmentalism, Natural environment]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Nuclear industry has a very important role in national defense. Nuclear weapon are far more destructive than common weapons, and they create radioactive pollution, which has a long term, serious consequence to the environment and ecology. Based on these traits, the nuclear weapon became the fundamental of some country’s militaristic tactics, like the US’ containment strategy, massive retaliation strategy, or nuclear threatening. These are all based on their strong nuclear technology; many countries in the world view the nuclear technology and nuclear industry as their top priority.... [tags: Nuclear power, Nuclear fission]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Golf Courses Made More Environmentally Friendly Through the Advancement of Technology The human race has inhabited this planet for only a small window in the geological time scale, however, the advances and changes in lifestyle that humans have made throughout the course of history are amazing. The field of technology is by the far the most interesting aspect of human societal growth because it is our ability to build these products that separates from the other species we share this planet with.... [tags: Environment Golf Environmental Essays]
2867 words (8.2 pages)
- One of the most important problems the world is facing today is limited supply of energy resources. It is generally agreed that oil, coal and gas will come to end after some time; therefore it is essential to find a replacement for fossil fuels before they are exhausted. Scientists have carried out many researches, and one of the proposed solutions is nuclear power. Nuclear energy, or atomic energy, is produced in nuclear reactions, when nuclear particles collide with a neutron and explode, emitting energy.... [tags: Environment, Nuclear Energy]
2587 words (7.4 pages)