Earth’s average climate temperature is rising due to the increase of greenhouse gases in Earth’s atmosphere. The majority of greenhouse gases released into the atmosphere are a result of human activities, specifically, deforestation, agricultural processes, and most of all, the burning of fossil fuels to produce energy. These greenhouse gases trap too much heat in our atmosphere, resulting in an increase in global temperature. According to the Center for Nuclear Science and Technology Information of the American Nuclear Society, “the Earth average temperature has ri...
... middle of paper ...
...oticed. In the long-term, the cost of nuclear energy is a less expensive option to a lower carbon future.
Nuclear energy is the best form of reliable energy that is also beneficial to climate change conditions and to a growing population. It is important to realize that climate change is real and leads to environmental problems, for instance, droughts. Understanding that the cause of climate change is the emission of greenhouse gases that coal industries emit present a safer point of view on nuclear power plants and their capabilities, and efficiently demonstrating that nuclear energy is the superior power source. Although, nuclear power plants may have been unsafe in the past, they have improved. Professional development programs have revised safety procedures and updated technology to the most state of art to make nuclear power plants the safest that they can be.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout time, small amount of people worked together to obtain the bare minimum for survival then the agricultural revolution occurred. Multiple societies began to develop where some were more advanced and sophisticated, plants and animals were domesticated, population increased, specialization developed with the pursuance of more advanced social and economic ideas, a system of writing emerged basically creating a more complex society. To accommodate this new society, a reliable system is in great need- a system that would establish order while simultaneously allowing the society to flourish.... [tags: Ten Commandments, Moses, Murder, Ritual Decalogue]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Nature has its own way to show its power. Lightning is a bolt of highly charged particles that create huge amounts of electricity and heat that is hotter than the surface of the sun. It is an untamable force of nature. Man however has another means of power. Man’s lightning is fission; nuclear fission. A powerful yet tamable force that is harnessed for the clean use of our homes, appliances, and one day our vehicles. Man’s lightning is something that is feared by most, yet understood by few; a force that will one day replace our existing primitive means of electricity.... [tags: Energy ]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Energy is a daily necessity we take advantage of without fully understanding the consequences of creating it. The electrical energy that we use as consumers comes from power plants that then convert other types of energy to electricity. The most common way this is done is from burning fossil fuels. The only benefits to this method is the low cost and the growing demand for oil, natural gas heating, and other products refined from fossil fuels. The repercussions of this cheap practice is the environmental and physical harm caused by the fumes and other byproducts of using fossil fuels.... [tags: Renewable energy, Fossil fuel, Wind power]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- Effects of Nuclear Power Nuclear power is on the rise as it is a cleaner alternative to other energies; nations are trying to increase the production of energy from nuclear power in order to go ‘Green’ and to save the environment and the ozone layer from greenhouse gases. Other energy resources utilize fossil fuels such as coal and petroleum and create large amounts of greenhouse gases. However, nuclear Energy is extremely dangerous as plants can suffer from catastrophic meltdowns and even explosions.... [tags: Energy ]
2274 words (6.5 pages)
- Which Is The Best Alternative Energy For Cleaning Up Pollution. Pollution around the word in these few years has become more serious and critical. Different personal and commercial activities like driving, cooking, watching TV, mining, forestry and manufacturing have severely damaged the ecosystem and environment has. There are different types of pollution happening on earth. They include air pollution, light pollution, noise pollution and water pollution etc. Energy production from fossil fuels creates different pollution problems too.... [tags: fossil fuels, natural resources]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- There are few things more annoying than feeling that you're constantly being watched while using your own yard. Whether it's from nosy neighbors peeking over your fence or a taller building providing sight lines into your yard, there are plants available to help protect your privacy. These plants grow taller than the fence to add an extra privacy layer. If you want to address your privacy needs immediately, be sure to select a fast-growing option. Bamboo Bamboo is one of the best options for privacy plants for its sheer capacity to grow and spread.... [tags: Informative Essay]
457 words (1.3 pages)
- Written by Michael Pollan, this book is his perspective of human nature in relation to plants. He theorizes that Nature’s creation symbolize our emotional and physical desires. Pollan uses four plants to prove his theory: Apples, Tulips, Marijuana, and Potatoes. Apples, Pollan explains, mirror every human’s desire for sweetness. He writes of Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman), a man who planted apple trees all across America. He explains that Johnny Appleseed was not mythical or legendary, but that he was a real person who, like any other man or woman, had a desire for sweetness.... [tags: Plants]
437 words (1.2 pages)
- Introduction Why is the sector of air transportation so sophisticated. Which events led to the development of extremely reliable aircraft and navigation systems. The aviation industry is statistically proved to be the safest form of transportation on Earth. It sounds paradoxical if considering that flying is absolutely in contrast with the law of physics from a human perspective. However, since the advent of new technologies that have supported the overall growth for the whole last century, many accidents did occur due to a primary phase, considered transactional because some of the principles of flight were still unknown when using materials beyond their structural limits, before being abl... [tags: air travel, reliable aircraft design]
1334 words (3.8 pages)
- “Democracy is worth dying for, because it’s the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man” (Reagan, N.d.). This quote said by Ronald Reagan, shows that Democracy is more than just a government; it’s honor, freedom and hope. While looking at previous government systems, including Communism and Capitalism, one can notice the limitations that made each of these government systems fail time and time again. Through the balance of other systems prior, people representation, and limited power, Democracy has been proven helpful to this country’s prosperity and growth.... [tags: sociology, politics, forms of government]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Is Monogamy the Best Form of Marriage. In the United States, marriage is a commitment two people make for the rest of their lives. The average American marriage lasts seven years. Well over half of all marriages end in divorce (Francouer, 72). Statistics in the infidelity have rose fifty percent since the 1970s and is rising all the time. The divorce count in this country is now up to one out of every three-marriage end in divorce. Serial polygamy is a common lifestyle for those who are divorced and then become remarried.... [tags: essays papers]
579 words (1.7 pages)
- Should Marijuana Be Legalized?
- An Office Aide At The Graduate Of Nursing And Health Innovation
- Challenges Facing Human Resource Professionals
- Juvenile Punishment And The Juvenile Court System
- The Effects Of Climate Change On The Arctic Region
- Literature Greatly Affects The Way People See The World, Especially At A Young Age?