Nontraditional casting is also known as colour-blind casting and integrated casting. Non-traditional casting is defined as the casting of ethnic minority and female actors in roles where race, ethnicity, or sex is not considered. Watching Hollywood movies, there is much diversity in a movie depending on what the genre is. Hollywood looks for actors that fit the physical and talent description directors are looking for. Hollywood work with what they only have, not based on color. Hollywood actually takes advantage of the multicultural world. If they need an African American, American Asian, Indian, Mexican actor they’ll scout out for the ones they desire. It’s true that majority of movies and TV shows are Caucasian actors, that is only because this is America. If we were to go to Mexico, majority actors on movies and TV shows are Mexican and if we go to Korea, Thailand, or Japan, majority of the actors on movies and TV shows are Asians.
Mainly , diversity has lots of admirers. If an idea can be said to be important simply because of the number of people who uphold it, diversity is indeed an important idea that many millions of Americans regard it so. it shows television networks in Hollywood that accepts diversity. They have also given us training programs for limited number of individuals, such as broadcast training program, New York assistant director training program, and many others listed. “ABC Talent Development provides a variety of programs to help aspiring individuals in the fields of acting, writing, directing, and production.” There is more from where that came from; NBC, CBS, FOX…etc, they are all official channels on television and is all committed to making diversity a reality. There are ple...
... middle of paper ...
...rance, be open-minded, helpful, and fair.”
Miller, Lorraine. NAACP: National Association for the Advancement of Colored People,
Graham, Stedman. Diversity: leaders not labels. Free press, September 2006. Print.
Bove, Linda. Jensen, Sharon. Leventhal, David. Listening with an open eye,
Jr. Aguirre, Adalberto. Racial and ethnic diversity in America: a reference handbook. Riverside, CA:
McGraw-Hill, October 2003. Print.
Wood, Peter. Diversity: the invention of a concept. Boston: published by Encounter Books, 1953. Print.
Eisenberg, Alan. NYTimes,
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Anton Chekhov was a Russian playwright who lived in the late 1800s. He wrote a comedy entitled The Bear, A Joke in One Act. This drama is about a man and woman who initially despise each other, but fall in love late in the play. Mrs. Popov is a widow who is unrealistically grieving over the loss of her husband. The leading male character in the play is Grigory Stepanovich Smirnov, a quick-tempered man who is looking to collect money that Mrs. Popov’s late husband owed him. Luka is Mrs. Popov’s footman, who also plays an important part in the play.... [tags: Film Casting Literature ]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- The Overlooked Job There 's nothing better than getting into your seat at a packed theater, settled in with your popcorn and snacks, and suddenly after just moments of the film you know it is going to blow you away. Many account the spectacular success in movies to the producers, directors, or actors, but how did they all find one another to make a spark on screen. A key player in making the connections and acting so amazing is the casting director, but many overlook this role. Essentially, casting is assigning a part in a movie, play, or other production, thus the casting director must find the perfect person for the job.... [tags: Actor, Film, Theatre, Acting]
1620 words (4.6 pages)
- I am a nontraditional student who began this journey in the summer of 2013. I contacted the Director at the Slac Lab Geraldo R. Guerra, and requested permission to receive tutoring. I was not a student at the time but registered for the fall semester. Mr.Guerra, replied by saying “yes we can help but I need to get it prior approval first. “Within the twenty four hours I received a phone call and I was granted permission and assigned a tutor. I came to San Antonio College once a week for a 15-30 minutes tutoring session for the entire summer.... [tags: University, Academia, Summer of Love]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- For the most part, the casting of She Kills Monsters was very hit and miss for me. I thought that Lindsey Parodi did exceptionally well in the role of Agnus and I really enjoyed the maturity, yet childlike energy that she brought to the character. Janae Dunn did very well in her role as Tilly as well. Every time her character entered, I felt her strong presence, even when she wasn’t so strong as a character. The supporting cast was all over the place though. The cheerleaders were two characters that I did not enjoy watching at all, nor did I think that they were cast well.... [tags: Character, Protagonist, Fiction, Stevie Wonder]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- How would you feel if someone was portraying your race but instead of being the same race as you he has to put makeup on in order to look like you. In American cinema, there have been many occasions where actors are placed in roles where they portray a different racial or ethnic group. This has usually been white actors changing races, but more recently it has been minorities playing different minorities. This has caused an increase of public concern roe Cross racial/ ethnic casting leaving people involved in American cinematic questioning whether or not actors should be allowed to have a role as a person from another race/ethnic group.... [tags: stereotypes in early American cinema and vaudville]
631 words (1.8 pages)
- Summary The Educreations Interactive Whiteboard (Educreations, 2013), Show Me (Learnbat, 2013) and Explain Everything ™ apps are examples of screen casting apps suitable for a wide range of learners. These applications are both a web-based app and a device based app. Simply defined, screen casting is capturing all of the action on a screen while you are narrating. In addition to the previously mentioned apps, screencasts can be made with many computer programs such as Jing, screenr, Goview and even Smart Notebook.... [tags: Apps, Instructions, Possible Uses]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- Casting a Circle Casting a circle is one of the most basic magickal acts that a Witch does. Circles are used for rituals and sometimes magickal workings. A circle does a number of things. Most importantly, it protects the practitioner(s) from spirits, negative energies, and other nasty things out there. With that in mind, please be sure to practice with extreme care and be sincere in what you are doing. Abide by the Wiccan Reed* and you should be fine. The circle also serves as a sacred place in which to do ritual workings like sabbat celebrations and certain spells.... [tags: essays research papers]
625 words (1.8 pages)
- Increase in Nontraditional College Students Seven Works Cited A 1995 report from the National Center for Education Statistics reveals that 76 million American adults, 40 percent of the adult population, are enrolled in adult education classes, an 8 percent increase from 1991 ("Adults Thrive"). Nearly 50 percent of the 14.2 million college and university students in the United States are over twenty-four years of age, and the percentage is rising (Mathews w22). Enrollment in degree programs at the University of Phoenix, the University of Denver, and Regis University, schools catering to working adults, has almost doubled in the last five years (Scanlon 3A).... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1572 words (4.5 pages)
- The Growing Need for Nontraditional Adoptions When picturing a family with an adopted child, the first image that comes to many people’s mind is that of a mother, father, and their child, but have you ever stopped to consider the alternatives. Who says that every family has to consist of a male and female who are married. Can a single parent, homosexual couples, or couples with a differing ethnicity from the child provide the same love and support as a tradition couple. These are options that adoption and foster care agencies have begun to consider due to the lack of available nontraditional families.... [tags: Family Children Parenthood Papers]
2662 words (7.6 pages)
- Nontraditional Tradtions We live in an age in which it is hard to spend time together as a family. Many families today wonder if having quality time together is a thing of the past. We are inordinately busy, for one thing, whether household bread-winners or college students. Also, the definition of family has changed. We are dealing with new definitions and characterizations of the idea of family. Some of us have traditional families. Some families have divorced, single, and/or remarried parents, creating a rather confusing family tree.... [tags: essays research papers]
874 words (2.5 pages)