The first type of references I’m using in this paper is two academic journals. I’m going online to find two random academic journals to do so. In the journal, African Journal of Business Ethics, Ogunyemi (2013) starts his writing with the quote, “Ethical reasoning is the process of arriving at moral judgements.” I have no idea of what else Ogunyemi writes about next. Nevertheless, another random academic journal states, “This paper is about robust and effective explanation and prediction of nsSNP-induced pathology” (Basit, Wechsler, 2013). I don’t know what nsSNP-induces pathology is, but it’s probably important to the authors.
Books are widely used, and that means I must know how to cite on in APA format. The nearest book to me is our class assigned book, They Say, I Say: The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing, so I’m going to cite it. The first few sentences in the preface of the book states:
Experienced writing instructors have long recognized that writing well means entering into conversation with others. Academic writing in particular calls upon writers not simply to express their own ideas, but to do so as a response to what others have said. The first-year writing program at our own university, according to its mission statement… (Birkenstein, Graff, Durst, 2012).
I decided to show a different in-text reference style with this reference example. This style is used when the quote is fairly long. ...
... middle of paper ...
...s in Biology, 5(5), 199-214.
Birkenstein, C., Graff, G., Durst, R. (2012). They Say, I Say: The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing (2E). New York, NY: W. W. Norton & Company.
Collins, S. (2008). The Hunger Games. New York, NY: Scholastic Coorperation.
Gosney, K. (2013, November 26). Men’s Basketball wins second straight Alaska Invitational. The Sun Star. p. 1.
Green, J., & Levithan D. (2011). Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Boston, MA: Penguin Group.
Kubrick, S. (Producer & Director). (1987). Full Metal Jacket [Motion picture]. United States: Harrier Films.
Ogunyemi, K. (2013). Ethics education and locus of control: Is rotter's scale valid for nigeria? African Journal of Business Ethics, 7(1), 1-10. doi:
Zuckerberg, M. (2013). Facebook. Retrieved from
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- APA 6th Edition Formatting Three Citations Using Direct Quotes Intuition and analysis are two cognitive styles used by entrepreneurs in new venture formation. Researches Kickul, Gundry, Barbosa, and Whitcanack (2009) studied the effects of intuition versus analysis on entrepreneurial self-efficacy and found that “individuals with the intuitive cognitive style were more confident in their ability to identify and recognize opportunities,” but “individuals with the analytic cognitive style were more confident in their abilities to assess, evaluate, plan, and marshal resources” (p.... [tags: Language]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- APA Style Sample APA (American Psychological Association) style is primarily used in the social science disciplines. It is formatted like MLA, and shows many similarities, but is unique in several key points. APA uses parenthetical (or in-text) citations within sentences, but rather than indicating the author's name and page number, APA includes author's name and date of publication. The page number, represented with a p. or a pp., is only added to the citation when using a direct quote (not a summary or paraphrase).... [tags: APA]
581 words (1.7 pages)
- The APA writing style is most commonly used to cite sources for psychology, education, and social sciences and is also the official writing style of the American Psychological Association. The General APA Organizational Guidelines are basic guidelines that explain how to write a research paper in the APA format. These guidelines ensure clear and consistent presentation of written material that differentiates from other writing styles because it concerns elements such as: Citations, punctuation, presentation of numbers, etc There are four major sections in an APA paper.... [tags: APA Writing Style]
1600 words (4.6 pages)
- If God can do anything, can he make a rock so big that he can't move it. "...nonsense remains nonsense even when we talk it about God" - C.S. Lewis Isn't it amazing when otherwise intelligent people become self-contradicting lunatics when we talk religion. Why does that happen. I've got a couple of thoughts. First, often in religion, what I say/believe is tainted by what I want to be true. Now that's not the case in Mathematics. In Math, I'm not tempted to believe 2+2 is 5 because I want it to be 5.... [tags: Theology]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- Formatting Requirements for Publications Abstract. In this paper, we describe the formatting requirements for CSCL 2005 publications, and we offer a number of suggestions on writing style for the worldwide CSCL readership. These instructions pertain to the published component of submissions only. Some submissions may require other documentation in addition to the published paper. Keywords: Guidelines, formatting instructions, author's kit, conference publications INTRODUCTION The CSCL 2005 Proceedings will provide a persistent record of the conference, published in both CD-ROM and paper formats.... [tags: Publishing Papers]
1510 words (4.3 pages)
- Discuss the performance and media techniques used in the production and assess their effectiveness throughout A production which used mixed media in a very effective way was by the Forkbeard Fantasy company doing - ‘The Colour of Nonsense’ On 20th November. They used animation, film, sound effect and a variety of different characters to create a very interesting production. The play centered around three artists working in an art company. Forkbeard wrote and devised all the material themselves and took inspiration from the Emperor’s New Clothes and Edward Lear’s limericks and tale of the ‘Dong with the luminous nose’.... [tags: Theater]
1451 words (4.1 pages)
- ... Organization is also important for effective writing. There will be no point of having proper research but with the information presented in a less organized manner. Effective writing requires that the thought of the writer, as well as the borrowed information, are presented in a logical and lowing manner. This calls of the writer to precise and openly introduces the subject of discussion. It is also important for the write to make the claim in the introduction part. This way, the reader will be informed of the points that the write is likely to make.... [tags: organization, preplanned, formatting]
696 words (2 pages)
- The APA ethical guidelines help to ensure that all psychological research maintains the integrity that it does not do harm or conflicts with the majority of the human populations moral ethical codes. However, in some situations the APA ethical guidelines must be viewed as just that: guidelines. If a study has the potential to benefit humanity as a whole and does not result in the permanent or irreparable harm to a human being then some guidelines must be permitted to be stretched or even broken in the interest of human advancement and scientific progression.... [tags: Moral Integrity, Violation]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- The Fallacy of Nonsense Lewis Carroll was a professor of logic, writing among his well known works of fiction, treatises on the subject of logic and even a textbook, Symbolic Logic. “It is the function of logic to classify and formulate fallacious forms of argument as well as valid ones.” (Burks 367) So is it some of the functions of Carroll’s tales of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Presenting different puzzles, riddles, or what appears to be on the surface nonsense, Carroll in these books present many questions of logic and indirectly their solutions, challenging the ability of the reader to believe what has been presented.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1912 words (5.5 pages)
- How to Document Sources in APA Style I. References References provide the information necessary for a reader to locate and retrieve any source you cite in the body of the paper. Your reference list should appear at the end of your paper. It should begin on a separate page from the text of the essay under the label References (with no quotation marks, underlining, etc.), centered at the top of the page. Basic Rules Author's names are inverted. Begin with last name, followed by a comma, then by middle and first initials.... [tags: Process Essays]
1592 words (4.5 pages)