One important guideline that organizations need to follow is to tell a story through their social media platforms. Patel says, “Waggner Edstrom’s report on digital persuasion found that more than half of survey respondents have been inspired to take action when they engage with a cause after reading a story on social media. It’s not enough to simply exist on a platform: nonprofits have to produce stories and visuals that their audiences connect to in order to succeed” (Patel, 2013). It does not help nonprofits to have a Facebook page or a Twitter account without doing anything with it. They must tell a story and not just have posts asking for money. Boies also points this out by saying, “Don’t simply ask your community for their hard earned-money, show them who and what will benefit from their donations” (Boies, 2013). Organizations have to explain and convi...
... middle of paper ...
...nizations to use if they are careful with how they use it.
Boies, J. (2014). 5 Simple Tips For Fundraising with Social Media - The ExactTarget Blog. [online] Retrieved from: http://www.exacttarget.com/blog/5-simple-tips-for-fundraising-with-social-media/ [Accessed: 22 Mar 2014].
Liu, D. (2014). 7 Ways to Use Social Media for Fundraising - Nonprofit Fundraising Journal. [online] Retrieved from: http://causera.org/nonprofit-journal/7-ways-to-use-social-media-for-fundraising/ [Accessed: 22 Mar 2014].
Patel, A. (2013). Top 3 Facts About Fundraising on Social Media. [online] Retrieved from: http://trust.guidestar.org/2013/10/22/top-3-facts-about-fundraising-on-social-media/ [Accessed: 22 Mar 2014].
Stone, B. (2014). Clinking for a Cause. [online] Retrieved from: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/12/giving/12FACE.html?_r=0 [Accessed: 22 Mar 2014].
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social media marketing is a simple option to add to the current promotional tactics being used by an organization. It is no longer optional; social media is mandatory for nonprofit organizations (Stengel). Studies have shown that many people think social media techniques complement traditional media; even more believe that blogs and social media influence the news coverage in traditional media tactics (Wright and Hinson 2008). There are a number of professionals that believe embracing social media is the only way for public relations to continue in the digital age.... [tags: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube]
3403 words (9.7 pages)
- Well, for starters, it means that whatever the organizations under the non-profit sector aim to accomplish, they will have to do so while adapting to the new social culture as a matter of maintaining their visibility and efforts to progress as an organization. Of course, there will be advantages and disadvantages with media’s influence and impact on the non-profit sector, but despite the challenges, in order to distinguish the authenticity of organizations, we as individual entities need to be educated in terms of how we can identify organizations that have become vulnerable to the idea that media has shaped them, in comparison to using media as a tool and, rather, shaping media.... [tags: Non-profit organization, Non-profit organizations]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- ... In the case of the DFL there was a $1.07 return on every dollar and in the case of the ASPCA there was a $1.29 return on every dollar. Charity Navigator, an independent corporation that evaluates charities, provides access to historical data on both corporations for comparative purposes. In the 2012 period, the DFL received a financial rating of 49.44 while the ASPCA received a financial rating of 54.87 out of 70. This number is compiled based on several financial aspects such as program expenses, program expense growth, and primary revenue growth however what is relevant to this commentary is the fundraising expenses and efficiency.... [tags: Dumb Frients League, ASPCA]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- The Oakville-Milton Humane Society is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to providing shelter for stray, abandon, and injured animals. Located in the region of Halton, the Oakville-Milton Humane Society has become the most recognized and affective humane society within the region. It was founded in 1936 and has since grown and developed a reliable relationship with members of the community. The shelter is funded through donations and sponsorships from members and corporations within the community.... [tags: organizational analysis]
1658 words (4.7 pages)
- Nonprofit Organizations The purpose of this research is to define nonprofit organizations, describe opportunities that are present in nonprofits, outline advantages and disadvantages of working in the nonprofit sector, and explain how you can determine if this is an area for you to consider as a career. WHAT IS THE NONPROFIT SECTOR. "Nonprofit" is a term that the I.R.S. uses to define tax-exempt organizations whose money or "profit" must be used solely to further their charitable or educational mission, rather than distribute profits to owners or shareholders as in the for-profit sector.... [tags: Nonprofits and Charities]
2412 words (6.9 pages)
- $316.23 Billion This is the amount of money that was donated to charitable causes in the United States in 2012. 27% is by which the number of non-profit organizations grew from 1995-2005, and this number continues to rise today. 170,000 is the estimated number of non-profits and charities in Canada, the second largest in the world. With these enormous numbers, it is important to know how to market a non-profit effectively in order to stand out among the hundreds of thousands and bring money in to support your cause.... [tags: Charitable Causes, United States, Donations]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- Make a Wish foundation is children centered non-profit organization. Their focus is help children with life threatening illness receive their utmost desired wish. This is not only granted as a gift to the kid, but it gives the children hope, and something to look forward too while they battle these illnesses. The company does seek donations and sponsors to help fund these wishes; however, this is not an extreme necessity as none other than Disney runs Make-A-Wish Foundation. Current Social Assets Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/makeawish Twitter: https://twitter.com/makeawish YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MakeAWishFoundation Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/makeawishfdn/ Goog... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Social network service]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- S.W.O.T. - Weaknesses The six weaknesses identified by CFVC were their small budget, lack of staff, inconsistent intern participation, lack of name recognition, consistency of loyalty, and misunderstanding of domain in the community. Just like most other non-profit organizations, financial resources are a concern for the CFVC. The center listed the size of their budget as a weakness. They feel that it limits them and their impact. Stemming from the lack of financial resources, the lack of staff was also identified as a weakness.... [tags: Non-profit organization, Non-profit organizations]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- Media is a structural component of every nation. In Fact, media constitutes the 4th Power of the State after the legislative, executive, and judiciary powers. This importance accorded to media is mainly due to its large influence on general audiences and to its major role in society. In fact, it is through media that people get exposed to current events and share information. Then, media companies should remain objective, non-profit, organizations to insure that people acquire an absolute truth and base their decisions on true facts, and not on subjective opinions.... [tags: Media Profits vs Media Quality]
2591 words (7.4 pages)
- The Children’s Miracle Network is a non-profit organization that provides charitable funds to 170 children’s hospitals in the United States and Canada. Nearly 500 corporations participate in fundraisers and campaigns that provide hospitals with equipment, research, and care to children who suffer from injuries and illnesses. To date, Children’s Miracle Network has raised more than 4.7 billion dollars, and what’s unique about this organization is that every penny stays within the network (CMN, n.d.).... [tags: non-profit organizations]
1097 words (3.1 pages)