It all started on August 23, 2005. It seemed like it was just going to be another average day. Nicole had stayed the night at Dawn’s and now they were both walking down to the bus stop for school. Nicole’s blonde hair blew in the wind while her pink earrings clanked like a wind chime. They stepped on to the bus and prepared for the long ride. Nicole and Dawn started noticing clouds moving in from the ocean. They were moving faster and faster. Every second they got darker. They both remembered watching the news report that morning. It said to expect heavy thunderstorms. They didn’t really think about it and were soon stepping off the bus. They walked into their school, Lincoln Bay High, and headed for their first period class which was reading.
20 minutes into the class the principal, Mr. Goldman, came on the intercom and announced in a nervous tone that Hurricane Katrina was going to hit New Orleans soon. Mrs. Dean, their reading teacher, herded everyone into the hallway and then went to help with other students. Some people were crying, some looked like they were about to go into shock. It sounded like a million freight trains outside. The water plowed down everything and anything in it’s path. The water broke down the school’s doors like they were made of paper. Everyone braced themselves for the worst.
The water rushed through the school and out every and any exit possible. No one was seriously hurt but some still had scrapes and bruises. Everyone just sat there like they were stuck in the mud. About 1 hour later the Red Cross arrived. They tended to the injuries and then evacuated everyone to the nearest command center. Some students were reunited with their families, but som...
... middle of paper ...
...n’s relief were rowing. They were soon back on the beaches of Miami. They walked along the beach to the convention center and were greeted by Andrew Walsh. He congratulated them on their success and invited them help other people with the fear of water get over it at next year’s convention. They all agreed and enjoyed the rest of Spring Break with their college friends.
Kobe and LeBron went on to help Andrew Walsh reach out to many more people with the aquaphobia. At the beginning of 2014 they had successfully helped 3,400 people get over their fear. Meanwhile, Nicole and Dawn went off and started their own school, but it wasn’t a school like Lincoln Bay High, or Ole Miss. It offered classes on how to get over your fears for free. They decided they wanted to be their for people just like they were there for each other all along.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- After graduating from high school many graduated seniors face the difficult challenge of applying to a university or community college to attend to in the fall. With applying to college, students compare their likes and dislikes with each school, determine which school environment suits them best, and where can they receive the best possible education for their potential major. Searching for a school to attend is an important part of a student’s life and applying to one should be performed very carefully.... [tags: Education Legacy Admission College Higher]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- Changing social habits of a contemporary society have seen Cleopatra depicted in many different ways. Whilst few artefacts remain of the true image of Cleopatra, we see from her portrait on the coins (Fear, 2008, p, 21 Fig 1.4) that despite being no legendary beauty, she had the power to captivate two of the greatest Romans of her time. Cleopatra consummated her union with Julius Caesar, which strengthened her grip on the throne, following his assassination; she formed alliance with Mark Antony, in opposition to Octavian, a coalition that would lead to her downfall as both Antony and Cleopatra’s combined forces would be defeated against Octavian in the battle of Actium in 31 BCE.... [tags: society, trends, powerful]
549 words (1.6 pages)
- Boadicea is a celebrated the war-queen who led an ultimately unsuccessful rebellion against the Roman occupancy of ancient Britain in the first century AD. Our knowledge of Boadicea stems from works of Roman historians, Tacitus and Cassius Dio's. Tactius's Agricola and Annals along with Cassius Dio's Roman History are the three major works that document the violent legacy of Boadicea. The only known description of her is found in Cassius Dio's work: She was huge of frame, terrifying of aspect, and with a harsh voice.... [tags: Roman History]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- ... Opposed to the original Superman in which Superman would be fully developed within the first scene of the movie. In addition to his powers being fully developed, Superman would have already established his arch nemesis as well. This course of action took way to long, and while understanding that the director wanted a firm background of Clark Kent as well as Kal-El this action could have been more upfront. In Man of Steel Clark Kent should have transformed into Superman and shown the world who he really is and his powers that he withholds at a more readily time; similarly to the original comics.... [tags: origins, movie, powers, citizens]
693 words (2 pages)
- How would you describe African American men. Stereotyping is a way of placing general characteristics on a certain group of people. Racial stereotypes of African Americans were prevalent in the United States during the nineteenth century. Whites became associated with positive meanings such as superiority, safety, and cleanness while African Americans became associated with negative meanings such as sexual monsters, dangerous, and deviance. For example, The Scottsboro trial was about nine black youths charged with raping two white women in the state of Alabama.... [tags: African American, racism, black men]
2682 words (7.7 pages)
- The Misunderstood Legacy of Oscar Wilde Surrounded by scandal caused by his own deception, Oscar Wilde left this world with a legacy of often misunderstood wit, a brilliant collection of writing, and sordid tales of an extramarital homosexual affair. The playwright progressed from a fashionable, flippant fop immersed in London society to a man broken by the public discovery of his relationship with Lord Alfred Douglas. In his prime, Oscar Wilde was a social butterfly, admired and accepted by an artistic circle until his illicit affair became public; throughout his plays, he mocked the same London society with which he himself was quite involved.... [tags: Papers]
1652 words (4.7 pages)
- The Legacy of John Adams In the early history of the United States, many founding fathers and people before them helped shape the underpinning for our nation’s liberty. Of the founding fathers and persons who were essential in the naissance of the great nation known today as the United States of America, John Adams is undoubtedly one of the most vital of them all. John Adams by David McCullough did not only do Adams’ life story justice, it also painted the man and his works so vividly in every bit of glory he deserves.... [tags: American History]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Legacy of Communist Leaders The History of modern Russia (twentieth century) is the period of communist government. After the revolution in 1917 Russia became the first communist state, which survived until 1991. Seventy-four years of rapid changes left an enormous mark in the history of Russia. This period of history introduced us to the greatest communist leaders. History doesn't happen by itself. There must be Individuals who make it. And in our history those individuals are Lenin, Stalin, Khrushchev, Brezhnev, Gorbachev and Yeltsin.... [tags: Papers]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- Homer’s The Odyssey chronicles Odysseus’s return home from the Trojan War to reunite with his wife, kingdom, and son. However, Odysseus has been encountering serious difficulties that have prevented him from reaching home for nearly twenty years. These difficulties include various different types of monsters, each of which seems to embody undesirable traits such as laziness or savagery. The Greeks portray creatures with these traits as monsters as an example of the Greeks’ “better” traits and subsequent superiority.... [tags: qualities, fear, lack, abher]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- Nuclear Legacy "There is 10 thousand tons of nuclear waste on Earth." Many scientist are in search for new and efficient ways to dispose of these lethal by-products which can destroy life itself. Radioactive products can be either beneficial or devastating. It all depends on how we use them. In the field of medicine, some benefit from radiation include, radiation therapy for cancer patients. Not all uses of radiation prove to be beneficial. Many use the power of the atom for destructive purposes, introducing an age of nuclear warfare.... [tags: essays research papers]
1093 words (3.1 pages)