Unfortunately, Tesla had many ideas besides his alternating current and brushless motors that were not as tangible and outside the realm of the public conscience. Although Thomas Edison and Guglielmo Marconi are famously known to be the creators of useable, available electricity and the radio, little known Nikola Tesla is the true unaccredited inventor of both of these things. Useable, available electricity is provided by Tesla’s alternating current (AC) system. AC power is one method of power in which the electric flow reverses poles sixty times per second, or sixty hertz. When viewed in a polar grid, the graph looks like ...
... middle of paper ...
...ete Patents of Nikola Tesla. HBCI, 12 Jan. 1994. Web. 28 Feb. 2010.
Harris, William, Josh Clark, and Chuck Bryant. "How Did Nikola Tesla Change the Way We Use Energy?" Audio Blog post. How Stuff Works. Discovery Networks, 14 July 2008. Web. 28 Feb. 2010.
"Nikola Tesla Quotes." Famous Quotes and Quotations at BrainyQuote. 12 Mar. 2002. Web. 28 Feb. 2010.
Secor, H. W. "An Interview With Nikola Tesla." The Electrical Experimenter Aug. 1917. Print.
Tesla Memorial Society of New York. Tesla Memorial Society. Web. 31 Jan. 2010.
Tesla, Nikola. My Inventions. Austin: Hart Brothers, 1919. Print.
---. Problem of Increasing Human Energy. New York: Kessinger, 1996. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Embryo transfer can happen in many different animals including humans. Many people do not know that most farmers do embryo transfer because they use their dominant genetics in order to produce dominant offspring. Embryo transfer is not only better on the economic side such as costs of transferring eggs from cow to cow but the offspring you get from the egg will improve your herd and bring in more profit. Some transfers of preimplantation embryos occur in laboratories/vet offices due to fact that embryos from donor females cannot be immediately put in recipient females after harvest due to there may not be any recipients.... [tags: test tube babies, embryo transfer]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- In our lives, we are constantly faced by different situations with varying degrees of importance to individuals. Regardless of the situation, it is extremely imperative to realize that we are responsible for the outcomes of those events. The fact that we are familiar with our pasts make it easy for us to justify the wrongs we do as being a consequence of injustices committed by the society against us. However, this can be refuted by the common cliché that we are products of our own thoughts. Every human being has 3 major inner aspects that based on how we use them, moulds our attitude.... [tags: Victim, Creator, Situation Responses]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Aeromagnetic Data Theory Scalar aeromagnetic data reflect both induced and remanent magnetic fields. Induced magnetism is caused by the earth’s magnetic field and is mainly the result of the magnetic susceptibility of the rock. Magnetic susceptibility is expressed as a unit-less proportionality constant denoted by an International System of Units (SI), which simply reflects the susceptibility of a rock to become magnetized in the presence of a magnetic field. This susceptibility is mainly a function of the rock’s magnetite content.... [tags: Magnetic field, Magnetism, Igneous rock]
1757 words (5 pages)
- Organization Background and Purpose of Planned Change The products that my organization supports, services, and provide updates to have been in the US Air Force inventory since the mid 1980’s. My organization’s make-up is multigenerational with a high percentage of Traditionalists and Baby Boomers (Fox, 2011). While the employees are skilled and talented, the organization is suffering from single threaded skill areas and we are facing the high probability that we will lose the 30+ years of knowledge when our employees retire or transfer to other Boeing programs.... [tags: knowledge transfer in organizations]
2182 words (6.2 pages)
- Aeromagnetic Data Theory Scalar aeromagnetic data reflect both induced and remnant magnetic fields. Induced magnetism is caused by the earth’s magnetic field and is mainly the result of the magnetic susceptibility of the rock. Magnetic susceptibility is expressed as a unit-less proportionality constant denoted by an International System of Units (SI), which simply reflects the susceptibility of a rock to become magnetized in the presence of a magnetic field. This susceptibility is mainly a function of the rock’s magnetite content.... [tags: Magnetic field, Magnetism, Igneous rock, Basalt]
1544 words (4.4 pages)
- 1.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND Heat transfer is by virtue thermal energy stored in temperature-dependent motion of particles. The exchange of kinetic energy of particles occurs through the boundary between two systems which are at different temperatures from each other or from their surroundings. Heat transfer constantly occurs from a region of high temperature to the region of lower temperature. Heat transfer changes the internal energy of both systems according to the Thermodynamics. The Second Law of Thermodynamics defines the concept of thermodynamic entropy.... [tags: Heat, Thermodynamics, Temperature, Heat transfer]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction Conduction, convection, and radiation are all types of heat transfer in which heat is transferred from a system to its surroundings. As humans, we are in the presence of, and manipulate these heat transfers all the time. Heat transfer is very important to our every day lives as we try to live in a world where the temperature outside is not comfortable and we want our food cooked. Some people go out of their way to get more radiation to get a tan, or use convection while siting in a sauna.... [tags: Heat, Heat transfer, Energy, Temperature]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Matt Groaning creator of the Simpsons uses his trademark satire and television show to deliver a political statement over the process of church and the material found in the old testament of the bible in its 10th season episode 18 labeled "Simpson Bible Stories." The setup of the episode has the Simpson family sitting front row at church nearly passed out due to boredom when the preacher extends the Easter sermon for finding a chocolate bunny in the collection tray and labeling it as a false idol.... [tags: Bible, Old Testament, The Simpsons]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Wrigley Field is a baseball stadium in Chicago, Illinois and has served the Chicago Cubs since 1916. In 1914, it was built for the Chicago Whales. Opening on April 23, the first Cubs game was played on April 20, 1916. The first night game was scheduled for August, 1988 but did not get played until the next day due to rain. Babe Ruth’s famous “called shot” happened there along with Gabby Hartnett’s “Homer in the Gloamin.” It takes many workers to run the park and to keep it going. Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs, took much construction to build the lights and to design the stadium but held numerous important events.... [tags: Wrilgey Field, Chicago, ]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Field International is a large production company that operates for fifteen years. This company has three divisions: Field Production, Field Music, and the new venture, Field Advertising. The president and chairman of the board, Lawrence Field, has operated this business in a pooled interdependence fashion. Each division is directed independently by a vice president, and evaluated in the same independent basis. Recently, two major clients complained directly to Field about some production delays of the Advertising Division.... [tags: Field International, Case Studies, business, ]
719 words (2.1 pages)