With every breath of the crisp night air that filled my lungs, the profoundness of my thoughts soon began to dissipate. I started to realize the eerie quietness of the night around me. Even the crickets were silent. I quickly slung my gym bag around my body and then walked inside. I slid off my shoes and let down my bag, another...
... middle of paper ...
...nd that’s what makes it beautiful. It doesn’t matter who you are, or how much money you have, you can see the greatest work of art created by God for no charge. At the end of it all, what ties us together is we see the same thing, and what sets us apart is how we react. There is a good chance that tonight, I will go home and look to see if my future is written in the stars or if somehow I can find an answer. Trying to make meaning of what I am going through by looking at the bigger picture, but also to realize that it’s not all about me. There are many people out there, all of which have a story, something to be said, and something to be learned. Maybe what we realize is that it’s not up to fate, but it is up to us on weather or not we are remembered with the stars. I wonder if human kind will ever be so consumed with the events of their own lives, to ever look up.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Dark Night I was always taught to stick up for myself, to never let anyone walk over me; and if they did I was expected to handle it. I guess you could call me ‘sassy and southern’, as my daddy always joked too me. My parents raised me to watch my surroundings and too always be cautious; but one night I wasn’t able to use what I have been taught since I was little. One summer night I will never forget and I’m thankful to be alive. I moved to Mount Holly in the early summer of this year to help out with my grandma and my family that lives here, but charlotte has always been my home.... [tags: English-language films, American films, Happiness]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- I woke up to a curious noise one morning. My eight year old brain came up with no explanation so I stepped into the hall, hands in the pockets of my blue jeans I usually slept in. I saw pots and pans on the floor catching rain. That was the new sound I would soon be used to. Our house had reached the point of leaking. At least the sound was relaxing. What wasn’t relaxing was the back door. It didn’t stay shut even if you locked it. One night I woke up from a nightmare and had a perfect view of the back door slowly creeping open.... [tags: English-language films, Sleep, Sibling, Parent]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- I pulled up to my house late at night. My truck humming as it rolled over the gravel scattered about the driveway. After coasting to a stop, I reached for the knob that controlled the lights. I paused for a moment, and looked out into the beams of light that sliced through the darkness. A thought, a fleeting idea, was developing in my mind. I had just spent half my day shooting the breeze with friends and couldn’t wrap my mind around the fact that there is so much more out there, in the real world.... [tags: Mind, Thought, Sky, Sleep]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Silence in the Night - Original Writing The bullet wound had left her paralyzed, her body was stiff cold. She could hear her own hard difficult breathing, her vision was blurred and although she could see the people rushing to her she could make out what they were shouting. Was this really it, the end of a whole life's struggle to be where she was. Sweat poured down her forehead, she could barely move her hands. They trembled, trying to hold on to the nearest thing possible. The fear was reflected in her eyes and onto everyone else's faces, she was dying and everyone knew it.... [tags: Papers]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Secrets of the Night - Original Writing The white mist glistened in the moons sparkly light and the tracks rumbled as the old dark train sped nearer. As the rumbling became louder the lights from the front of the train could be seen. The blinding lights suddenly flashed past then there was a huge roar as it rushed on through the tunnel and out the other side, then there was total silence. There was not even a sign that the train had even been past. The air was still for a long time with no sound apart from that of an owl’s occasional hooting.... [tags: Papers]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Scary Night - Original Writing I was now ready to depart after the party, exiting my Cousin’s house. It was a Halloween party. It was a lot of fun; to be honest the party seemed to be quite good. It was suppose to be scary, but now that I come to see it does not compare to how I felt later on during the night. You see the difference is looking at all the story I have heard about Halloween, this one that I have experienced seems a lot more realistic and frightening. I had no choice but to walk home by myself, because of the complicated story my mom told me (which of course I was not listening to).... [tags: Papers]
511 words (1.5 pages)
- Henna Night- Original Writing The day had finally arrived. The icy cold wind was blowing so strongly, that everything obstructing was thrown instantly. The tall trees were swaying from side to side, bundles golden, brown and red leaves were falling upon the bare ground. The crumpling sound of the leaves attracted Nadia’s attention. She was amazed by the bright coloured leaves, planning ideas for her future art project. Nadia, a sixteen year old had attended a Henna function for the first time.... [tags: Papers]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- A Night to Remember - Original Writing It was the day of the concert. The lively atmosphere around the arena was only beginning, being there early before, I saw the transformation of the what seemed to be spacious hall, into a jam packed stadium, mocked with nothing but up for it Geordies and music lover alike. As the lights sparkled above the stage, the huge amplifiers buzzed, vibrating the seat in which I had suddenly risen from. Announcements through the loud speakers were cropping up every minute, adding to the anxiety, whilst the crowds poured in, creating a carnival like atmosphere, despite still being an hour away form the main performance.... [tags: Papers]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- Night Bride - Original Writing That feeling washed over her again. Like the blackness washing over the light. It creeps in gradually enveloping the earth, devouring the last traces of the struggling dusk. Suddenly, with the dark, plump and full on its feast of the light, everything turns a little bit uneasy, and the world shifts on a weary axis. That is how it starts. Slowly it crawls inside, eating away at her until she is filled with the dark sensations most others never admit to having.... [tags: Papers]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- One Stormy Night - Original Writing The sudden, swift, severe summer storm caught me totally unaware. I was walking down Old tree Road when the clouds started to build. I looked around as I huddled under a large, dead oak tree. Almost all of the houses on this abandoned street were too badly damaged for me to take shelter in, except for the one. The house loomed impressive and morbid in the greenish-black sky. A flash of lightning briefly illuminated the house. The windows were broken, but the superstructure seemed to be in good condition.... [tags: Papers]
469 words (1.3 pages)
- Civil Right Protections For The Lgbt Community
- Description Of The 's ' Home When He Enters '
- The Congregation Of Vancouver Korean Presbyterian Church
- Development Of A Child 's Literacy Development
- How Does Worms Affect Plant Growth?
- The Nature Of Attitudes Toward Political Parties Post Revolutionary America