The blonde moved forward and kissed her daughter's head. "Johanna, take Katrina inside for me?" she asked the baby-sitter. Nodding she wrapped an arm around Katrina's shoulders, leading her inside. The blonde turned to Tristan again, running her fingers through her thick locks. She flashed him a sheepish grin.
"Rylinn." she spoke, her voice calmer now.
He rose an eyebrow and she smiled a bit "Rylinn. My name, it's Rylinn Westmens." she answered, repeating herself.
Tristan nodded and shook her hand, taking in her clean cut look. A black pencil skirt, a white button up shirt tucked into the skirt and some heels to put it all together.
He swallowed trying to clear the lump in his throat. His girlfriend of five years had broken up with him not even a week ago and here he was lusting after some blonde with a kid, hell she was probably married.
But then something caught his eyes under her winter duster jacket. A badge? A bright gold badge stuck out at him. He had a hard time picturing her as a Detective or cop of any sort but then he didn't look like a Doctor and yet he was, so who knew. He cocked his head to the side before she flashed him another grin.
"Dr Armenta than--" he cut off off with a hand of his hand.
"Mrs. Westmens it's fine, really. And you can call me Tristan, I do live next door, remember?" and that grin came out, that cocky, slightly arrogant but ever so charming smile of his.
She paused and grabbed her once forgotten purse she had dropped to the hallway floor when she came into the bui...
... middle of paper ...
...e and five hours of sleep he tagged one of the last patients when a EMT team rushed in "30 year old female two GSW's, one to the shoulder one to the abdomen. BP is--" he didn't hear anything after that as two nurses and a fellow Doctor helped him lift her off the gurney and into the ER bed.
Snapping a yellow gown on and a pair of clear rubber gloves nurses hooked IV's up and took stats and her vital. A nurse cut her shirt open in the front. Two bleeding gauzed up wounds looked back at him. A pair of green eyes flicked open and Tristan froze, his heart feeling close to stopping.
"Rylinn?" his eyes found her's before he heard the alarm on her monitor go off, beeping like crazy.
"Tristan? Tristan!" a nurse yelled. Someone nudged him.
Tristan! Focus!" a redhead nurse yelled at him.
His eyes found the monitors and went wide "She's coding! Get me a crash cart!" he yelled.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How to Be Well Prepared For an Approaching Exam Getting prepared for an exam can be really frustrating at times since all you have to do is study but the question is, how do you approach it. The rate at which you study determines how committed you are to your coursework. You can easily decide not to study and sleep all night but you choose to study anyway. Few people like exams, but if you think carefully about how to approach them, they can be easy to tackle than you can imagine. Many people find that they need to adapt to their learning so as a result, they tend to seek these learning strategies to excel in school.... [tags: study, organizae, distrations]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- Grand Canyon University College of Nursing Maria Pelegri-Gonzalez NUR 502 – Theoretical Foundations for Nursing Roles and Practice January 14th 2015 Master’s Prepared Nurse Interview Introduction The objective of this interview is not to nominate the subject (WG) for Nurse Practitioner of the year. The intent is to gain insight into the role higher education plays in presenting more opportunities for diverse career path.... [tags: Nursing, Healthcare occupations, Registered nurse]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- I had prepared myself for forty weeks, but this impatient lady right here is forty weeks, six days, eight hours pregnant. I am practically going on, my tenth month of pregnancy. I thought I knew everything there was to know about pregnancy until last night when everything started to become a reality. I have no clue what to expect. Today is the day. Never in my life have I felt so many emotions happen all at once. Pacing the hallways, I have already peed four times in the last hour and still have thirty minutes before we all leave for the hospital so I can get induced.... [tags: Childbirth, Pregnancy, Infant, Family]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- It’s a Night Job is a short story written by Ugandan writer Joanita Male. The story was written and published in early 2013 in Suubi, a collection of short stories and poems by various authors from the African Writers Trust’s joint mentoring and creative writing program produced in association with the British Council Uganda. It’s a Night Job tells the experience of a college-age girl who is a prostitute for her “night job”. The two-page story narrates her thoughts, feelings, and observations on the job from a first person point of view.... [tags: Short story, Fiction, Prostitution]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- It was a beautiful crisp spring afternoon while Anna anxiously prepared for the night out and chose to wear her long blonde hair down. She felt as though it would look best with her new sparkly black dress that had been hanging up in the closet for weeks. It seemed like the perfect night to take it out and show it off. Steve dressed in black slacks and a white button up shirt which complemented his dark hair that had just been cut the day before. The newly engaged couple enjoyed there special dinner and time away together.... [tags: Police, Anxiety, English-language films]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Brian served us a delicious Chinese meal prepared by his personal chef. We talked jovially as we enjoyed our meal and each other’s company. "Would you like some desert?" He asked. "Not until you tell me the other reason we are having an intimate dinner." Standing up, he walked toward his office and when he came back, he held a folder and two boxes wrapped elegantly. When he reached me, he handed me the folder first. I opened it and quickly read. The document was his Will and Testament. He was leaving 80 percent of his estate to Beatrice.... [tags: 2006 singles, 2009 singles, 2007 singles]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- What educational or professional experiences have prepared you for doctoral study. My purpose for seeking to pursue a doctorate degree is to enhance my knowledge of theories, research methods and assessment as it relates to psychology. More specifically, I would like to fine tune my skill set of executing varying concepts and techniques derived from theoretical discourses applicable to my work as a Psychologist and in so doing, obtain credibility within the field and among colleagues. I also believe, like Abraham Maslow in his theory of Human motivation, in becoming a lifelong learner and achieving intellectual self-actualization.... [tags: Psychology, Psychotherapy, Doctorate]
1387 words (4 pages)
- The Night Characters: Moshe the Beadle— was one of the first of the Jew to be taken away that Elie knew closely. Moshe then escaped the massive ditches of death and was able to return to Sighet to tell them of what the Germans were doing. The rest of the people even Elie, thought that he had gone mad, so he pitied him. Oberkapo— was apart of the 52nd cable unit at Buna who was Dutch. He also sabotaged the PowerStation. He had stocks of arms and was found and arrested. He was tortured for weeks, but never gave names of who else was involved.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
- The Night of Long Knives, one of most noteworthy events during Hitler’s rule, was a purge that occurred on the 30th June 1934. Hitler ordered the murders of conspicuous Conservative anti-Nazis such as Kurt Von Schleicher and Gustav Ritter von Kahr, Left wing Nazis such as Gregor Strasser and many members of the SA including its leader Ernst Rohm. It could be claimed that the murders were significant as they ended a possible takeover by the SA, deterred and intimidated Conservative critics while gaining their support, saw the rise of the SS, introduced terror and dictatorship into mainstream life and reassured the elites and the army.... [tags: German History, Anti-Nazi]
1923 words (5.5 pages)
- Kristallnacht- The Night of Broken Glass On November 9th,1938, there was a major change in the lives of many Jews that lived in Germany. This night will forever be known as the Kristallnacht. In German, “Kristall” translates to crystal and “Nacht” translates to night. In English, it translates to “ The Night of Broken Glass.” The Kristallnacht was one of the worst times in history due to reasons behind why Hitler chose to stage the event, the extensive property damage and violence that occurred, and the affect on the Jews after that evening.... [tags: Nazi Germany, Adolf Hitler, Antisemitism, Germany]
1048 words (3 pages)