It was good thing I stayed quiet, because about 15 minutes later a buck walked out. At this point, my whole body started to shake. I could barely stay still in my seat, in fact, I had to put my hand over my mouth in order to cover my heavy breathing. As the buck got closer, I loaded my gun and set it up on the window sill of the stand. All I needed was for his head to go down and start eating, in other words, not paying attention so I could take the shot. BOOM! He was do...
... middle of paper ...
...mily, has been in our family for many years. My mom would hunt often with my grandpa when she was young, as a result, she has always wanted me to continue the tradition. I realized after the hunt, that day was one of the best days of my life. I will always remember exactly what happened that day, that is to say, it was a very special day in my life. With hunting being a really important activity we do in our family, if we have any free time we are at the hunting lease. As a family we get ready for the season by working on the lease. I grew up loving to hunt and fish because of my family. I love when we go to our hunting lease, because it is like our little family getaways. We get to spend time with each other and just hangout and relax. These experiences has made me who I am today; therefore, I know that I will keep this tradition up with my children.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I was staring into the abyss, but the abyss was staring back. I was center stage and all eyes were on me. The piano had played the key note to the song, and the rest was up to me. I asked myself over and over again, “Why am I doing this?” The sweat had started to crawl down my face like the undead rising from their graves. I knew after that day, everything will be different. Ever since the night I decided to stick to my guns and see my recital all the way through, I’ve seen life not as a series of unfortunate events, but as a jigsaw puzzle.... [tags: Anxiety, Fear, Debut albums, The Stage]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- I saw him in the congested halls, with his books pointed up to his nose, trembling over students while rushing to get to class. I looked at him as he looked in every classroom confused, frantically looking at a crumbled white paper. While he passed everyone in the halls, all I saw were the scrunched up faces in disgust. Also, I saw people turn to their friends and laugh while watching him. The boy seemed to be popular in the reason that everyone was chatting about him like they knew him. The boy began to run into the bathroom pushing everyone out of the way and it seemed like no one noticed him.... [tags: Laughter, Joke, Debut albums, People]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- The Power of Dreams - Original Writing Normally, Mrs. Drake would come back home before tea. However, it was not to be. She would never return. Mrs. Drake was reported “missing” two days after the 24th of May 1998 “Maybe she’s just lost in the woods or something, maybe she’s just gone to visit her aunt in Dallas, maybe…” Billy was hopelessly trying to deter the impossible. “The chances of that, sir, are very slim. Our main suggestion is that she has been abducted” the officer replied solemnly, “No, she can’t have, she was loved, she has no enemies, no one could have had a motive.” Billy pleaded with the officer.... [tags: Papers]
1391 words (4 pages)
- Original Writing The insatiable hunger ravaged Velkan from within; it burned within his soul. The hunger consumed him from within. He could sense the prey ahead. Once, the sense had had the right to a name but it was gone with the remainder of Velkan’s humanity. He delved into that shattered husk that was all that remained of Velkan son of Vlad and recalled a single word; smell. However, smell is was an inadequate term for what the sense had become. It had become something more, a second sight, it became a swirling mass of scent almost visible as clouds of colour.... [tags: Papers]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Living the Life of Emily- Original Writing Emily fell against the brick wall of a school building. She closed her eyes and pondered about everything that had happened that day. The sun was coming dappled through the autumn coloured oak trees, which stood around the school and carried on down the avenue. A wisp of cold wind blew Emily’s soft dark brown hair across her dazzling green eyes; she brushed it away. Her two best friends were running towards her. Emily picked up her satchel up off the gravel path and ran to meet them.... [tags: Papers]
1408 words (4 pages)
- A huge stag, glowing with the cold, silvery-white light of the night, stands panting and exhausted. He hears something, and quickly bounds away. A minute later, a hunting party, their way lit up by multicolored lanterns and witch lights, comes tearing through the dark Forrest after the stag. They were a wild lot on half wild horses with hounds more than a quarter wolf. The hounds were howling and barking up a storm. The horses hooves were pounding and they neighed and screamed. The hunters and huntresses were dressed in hunting clothes of strange and vibrantly colored fabrics.... [tags: Hunting, Deer, KILL, Arrow]
1038 words (3 pages)
- After the plane crashes and the boys find each other, they are scared and helpless. However, after establishing rule and living on the island for some, the boys transform into blood thirsty savages. Because Ralph found and blew into the conch, all surviving members of the plane crash are able to come to one place. The boys call for a vote and Ralph is elected leader. Then Jack, Ralph, and Simon go up to the mountain top to search for a way off. However, on the way back, they find a piglet but Jack can 't bring himself to kill it (Page 23).... [tags: KILL, English-language films, Hunting]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- Hey. I 'm not sure when I 'm going to be in the library next it probably won 't be until Judy 's retirement party. I 'm leaving work that day at 2 so I should be there about 2:30ish. I wanted to catch you up on what 's been going on which isn 't much or important, but that 's what our usual conversation revolved around so maybe you won 't mind :) My trip was wonderful I think it was the best one I 've had down to the low country to date. We went with Sam 's best friends parents whom we love and according to them they have adopted us as their other children.... [tags: Hunting, White-tailed deer, Deer, 2008 singles]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- My hands were clenched tightly around the armrest of my couch, ten minutes in to my first horror movie. I was in middle school as a 7th grader, brand new to the world of sleepovers, late nights, and scary movies. My best friend invited me over for a sleepover on a Friday night to pig out on candy, and watch a movie that would surely leave us with nightmares for a long time. I did not show it and neither did my friend, but I was apprehensive whether or not this was a good idea. I could hear my mom in the back of my head at the time saying, “scary movies are for adults, and you will regret it if you watch one.” We both acted like the movie we were about to watch, wasn’t a bigger deal than it a... [tags: Horror film, Film, Horror and terror, Halloween]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Father recovered physically from the bear attack, but was never mentally the same. There were times when he forgot where he was and periods where he spoke in strange tongues. I would find him sometimes wondering a field, muttering to himself. When asked what he was doing, he would reply, “Looking for cracker berries.” I tried administering our usual medicines for memorial loss and confusion, but they had no affect. Then I experimented with different combinations. It took me many moons to find the right mixture to get him back to his old self.... [tags: American films, Family, Left-wing politics]
1254 words (3.6 pages)