"Two paths," Kasich said, in a prepared speech from the women 's National Republican Club in New York City. "One choice, The path that exploits anger and encourages resentments that turns fear into hatred and divides people. This path solves nothing, demeans our history, weakens our country and cheapens each of us. It has but one beneficiary and that is to the politician who speaks of it."
"The other path is the one America has been down before. It is well trod, it is at times steep, but it is solid," Kasich continues. "It is from this higher path that we are offered the greater view where fear turns to hope because we remember to take strength from each other. Uncertainty turns to peace because we reclaim our faith in the American ideals that have carried us upward before and America 's upposed decline becomes its finest hour."
"This is the path I believe in. This is the America I believe in. And, this is ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Karolina’s cousin’s little boy was excited to be able to see the sights in New York City and had convinced his parents to stay for a few days before they returned to Ohio. Karolina and her family were exhausted and famished from their long ocean voyage when they heard their plans and were only too happy to indulge the boy while they gained their strength back resting in the hotel. Karolina, her family, and her cousin’s family toured the city in a carriage rented by their cousin. They also traveled to the grounds of the “Exposition of the Industry of all Nations”, scheduled to open in New York City later that summer of 1853.... [tags: New York City, United States]
714 words (2 pages)
- Los Angeles and New York are both great places to live in and to visit on a vacation. This two cities have never really seen each other eye to eye by the people who live there. The cities being on opposite sides of the United States doesn’t help the situation, its west coast and east coast rivalry. These cities have a rivalry that has gone on for so long it astonished me deeply. The history behind both cities are very similar, but very different all at the same time. First thing that L.A. and N.Y.... [tags: New York City, Los Angeles, New York]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Governor’s Island is located at the southern tip of Manhattan, at the meeting of the Hudson and East Rivers in New York Harbor. The island is significant for its role as a main factor in the defense system of New York Harbor. The island contains fortifications from an important period of American military construction such as the Caste Williams and Fort Jay. These fortifications were among the best examples of defensive structures. The island also served as a major military post and a costal guard station.... [tags: New York City, Manhattan, New Jersey, New York]
1056 words (3 pages)
- It is hard to pin point one important aspect from a diaspora community, but if you look at them individually you can learn so much. These diasporic community and even New York City as a whole have a sense of nationalism, “which are united people of similar language, religion, culture, and history,” (the year of revolution notes) who are proud of where they came from and who they represent now. New York City has always been increasingly growing to become a foreign city, and each year more and more foreigners claim that city to be their home.... [tags: New York City, Statue of Liberty, New York]
1718 words (4.9 pages)
- Dear cockroaches who attacked me, on the streets of Brooklyn, New York City, I hate you, I hate you in ways you wouldn’t imagine, I’m not sure you have an imagination. But that’s beside the point. Before I get to bashing you I just want to tell you a little about myself, speaking of the circumstances we didn’t get the proper introduction. I’m a Chicago girl, I’ve only come across bugs when every I go into basements and I can tell you I don’t do that much often. I’ve been afraid of butterflies, grass hoppers and other insects since well who knows when.... [tags: New York City, Chicago]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Traffic. Hundreds and thousands of people crowding the sidewalk. Diverse food places to get your grub on. All of these elements in my environment sort of work in a harmonious pattern in a place I call home, New York City. When I ask people about New York City they usually associate it with the extraordinary buildings that pierce the sky or the congested sidewalks with people desperate to shop in the famous luxury stores in which celebrities dwell. Even though I grew up here, I somehow manage to get lost within the Big Apple.... [tags: New York City, Madison Square Garden]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- There are so many people suffering in New York City and around the world because they are unable to afford basic necessities for themselves and their families; many are living well below the poverty level. This is because New York City has a major income gap, the biggest gap in any county in the United States (Roberts, 2014). Over the past twenty years, the income gap has just gone up and will continue to rise if we do not find out why it is happening and how to stop it. According to Roberts (2014), “The top 5 percent of households earned 864,394, or 88 times as much as the poorest 20 percent…” (pg.1).... [tags: Poverty, United States, New York City]
1997 words (5.7 pages)
- Colson Whitehead ponders the essence of New York in his collection of essays titled, The Colossus of New York. Throughout the entire collection of essaysWhitehead inquires about what New York stands for based on the journey’s of its inhabitants and visitors. By establishing a sense of authenticity and creating an intimate relationship between him and the reader, Whitehead effectively provides his readers with a genuine account of New York. This genuineness found in Whitehad’s writing has not been met without criticism.... [tags: New York City, Writing, Trinity School, Mind]
1675 words (4.8 pages)
- Journal Entry 3: Lower Manhattan Our third adventure in the course was in Lower Manhattan also known as the Civic Center. Coming from Queens I usually take the N train coming from Astoria to the city so I was running a bit late. I was never great with directions or the subway in general but I impressed myself when I was able to take the train downtown and meet up the rest of the class. I met up with my class in the Civic Center where City Hall stood. I rarely go to lower side of the city mostly because I always found it to be a bit duller compared to the rest of Manhattan.... [tags: New York City, Manhattan, World Trade Center]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- There is over 62 counties in New York State, through this study we will look through the four of New York counties and analyze the population growth and the growth or decline of each counties. The four counties that selected were Albany, New York, Kings, and Erie County. Each county has it unique aspects, from analyzing the CTPP data we can look closely at the growth. This exercise we would be using the CTPP websites and download profile spreadsheets for four New York State counties using the interface tool.... [tags: New York City, Manhattan, New York, Hudson River]
1156 words (3.3 pages)