2. As working from home or from a remote location have become more popular over time, managers and organizations needs to be able to help and g...
... middle of paper ...
...ployment and being able to obtain a job that meets one 's skill and talent. Thus, employees would have "face time" with their boss and colleagues will more likely benefits the relationship that they have form by seeing and talking to each other face-to-face.
5. The option to be able to work remotely would personally be important to me. While I would prefer to work in an office setting, it would be helpful if I have the ability to work from home if I need to. For example, if I want to visit families living far away for a week or two, I can simply bring my work with me and work from home rather than having to take vacation days off or not being able to go because I would miss a deadline. People 's work preferences often change over a period of time, so it would be important for me to be able to work from home for a few days or a period of time if that is what I desire.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Purpose of Microsoft.NET Initiative This project relates to the investigation of a brand new technology from Microsoft - Microsoft.NET. The project was the final module of the authors' BSc (Hons) degree in Business Information Systems at Bolton Institute and was the suggested topic of the sponsor. The outcome of the project was perhaps not the outcome the sponsor might have wished for as it had been undertaken from a business point of view and not the more technical computing angle he may have hoped for.... [tags: Papers]
6142 words (17.5 pages)
- In 2004 a Swiss banker called the upper class’ demand for increasingly high salaries as “a call to class warfare from above.” (Baer) The new decade has seen outcry against a growing discrepancy in wealth. The global financial crisis exacerbated the already prominent fiscal divide. Ideological thinkers have been wrestling with resolution of this exact divide for centuries. Modernly Switzerland has attempted to regulate monetary divides by banning bonuses and mandating shareholder consent in major decisions.... [tags: Switzerland, Democracy, Liberalism]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- If I were asked to develop a successful reentry initiative for the raising number of inmates being released every year, I would incorporate a copious amount of services to better the chances for success for offenders in my community (Seiter & Kadela, 2003). According to Latessa et al., when developing a new system to help offenders smoothly transition back into the community there is a process that should be followed and implemented. Therefore, I would be aware of the processes such as assessment, transition planning, as well as the delivery of services.... [tags: Recidivism, Prison, Criminal justice, Corrections]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- Women, Work, and Family Foundation With the war in Iraq nearly two years old, I hoped that new leadership in the executive branch would put an end to the destruction overseas and funds would be redirected to rescue our receding economy, unemployment rate, healthcare services, and living conditions for the struggling American majority. November 2nd came and went, and those of us who shared my views found ourselves the minority. We shed a few tears and yelled at the unresponsive television screen, and surprisingly enough, the sun rose the next morning.... [tags: Government Rights Feminism Papers]
4181 words (11.9 pages)
- Features of the New Deal When Roosevelt won the American Presidential Elections in 1932, he needed to act quickly to provide the general public what he had promised. His first hundred days in office was a time of dramatic change to the American system of government. Never before had American Presidents been so involved with the every day life of their people or worked so hard to improve the country in almost every aspect affecting the lives of the public and the economy.... [tags: Papers]
4912 words (14 pages)
- Purpose of Education What is the purpose of education. Is education about preparing students for a specific career or is it about teaching students lifelong values, discipline, and the ability to explore new ideas and to think independently. There have been several goals of education over the years. Some included preparing children for citizenship, to prepare for the skilled workforce, to teach literacy, to help students become critical thinkers and to help students compete in a global marketplace.... [tags: education, learning, SAT]
1417 words (4 pages)
- Gay marriage has been heated debated throughout the United States when the homosexual rights active people’s attentions. In many states, most of gay marriages are not allowed, but flowing many years fighting for the rights of same-sex marriage, some states finally accept the gay marriage law. Although gay relationships are not accepted in many states, gay marriage is still becoming more accepted in our society. Gay marriage will break the balance of institution of marriage, and it will also twist the status of the authoritative religion and Bible’s contents.... [tags: Ballot Initiative Groups]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- The progress of the initiative was tracked by the Educational Psychologist against a control class as part of her on-going research. However, I was interested to know how our participation in the project had affected class dynamic and, more importantly, if it had created a learning environment which was conducive to active learning. I used the three predetermined reflection points to track mine and the class’s progress. Sonia observed a lesson and engaged in a pre-agreed monitoring activity we also had a coaching conversation.... [tags: Educational psychology, Psychology, Knowledge]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Abstract The assignment outlines the contextual differences between the terms "Globalization" and "International Business" by summarizing scientific explanations in the economical literature as well as associated social-cultural and politicly related approaches. It depicts the different contemporary perceptions of both terms and searches for new and unprecedented sets of environmental determinants within the explanations provided for the term Globalization in order to identify differences from International Business As a conclusion, the assignment argues, that globalization is in fact nothing unprecedented in terms of economy and could be subsumed under the term international business.... [tags: Outsourcing, Offshoring, Free Trade]
2309 words (6.6 pages)
- Initiative The aftermath of Proposition 227, formally titled the English Language for Immigrant Children Initiative, is as varied as the bilingual teaching methods it replaces. The issue of how to educate limited English proficient (or LEP) children has become so politicized that the research on the subject is difficult to interpret. However, two aspects that appear to be problematic for all of California’s school districts are the vague language of the initiative (which is now law), and the lack of methodology for the new "sheltered immersion" programs.... [tags: Education Educational Papers]
2292 words (6.5 pages)