A round up of other social sites that can help you to achieve your marketing objectives.
When Facebook acquired the app for $1 billion in cash and stock in April 2012 many stood up and took notice. The social networking service enables users to take pictures and videos, edit them with filters, and share them across a variety of social media. Instagram’s feed is designed specifically for visual stimulation and to encourage interaction. Since its launch in October 2010, 150 million users have signed up and shared a total of 20 billion photos. The demographic of users is 68% female, who prize imagery, so they are the ideal target clients for us photographers.
On Instagram your posts are available to view forever and you can look at all of the images posted by scrolling down through your feed. With no rules dictating which of your posts are presented, all of your posts appear in the feeds of every single one of your followers.
Drive traffic to your website by putting a link to your site in the bio (the only place you can put a hyperlink on Instagram) and by citing your website in the comments section of all your posts.
Marketing Tip: Make sure to correctly use hashtags to increase the exposure of your posts to new users who will hopefully like, comment and follow you.
Photographers to follow on Instagram:
• Zak Shelhamer
• Scott Rankin
• Laura E. Pritchett
Snapchat has around 30 million active monthly users, with many being in the 18 to 24 year age range. The ‘snap’ what Snapchat calls its private messages is derivative of the SMS text message and instant messaging applications. One of the most unique things about Snapchat is the ‘self-destructing’ feature for phot...
... middle of paper ...
...ersations will lead to referrals and commissions.
Photographers to follow on Flickr
• Rebekka Guðleifsdóttir
• David Hobby
• David Bean
500px is a site where professional and amateur photographers can post, share and sell their photos online. It is a platform for quality portfolios, critique and commentary and it is fair to say that it is probably the most beautiful social network due to its stylish interface and attractive photo presentation.
Unlike many other photography sites 500px does not have any restrictions on what type of photos are uploaded. However, you are limited to being able to upload ten photos a week on a free account. This means users tend to curate their work and only upload their very best images.
Marketing Tip: Create a gorgeous portfolio on 500PX and you may experience referrals from other photographers who appreciate your work.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It seems like there’s a new social media craze in the photography world every few months. A few months ago it was SnapChat. Right now it’s Periscope. Next month, who know. When there’s a craze, like we have right now with Periscope, it’s all you hear about from other photographers. Just today I saw a photographer in a Facebook group boasting about how much her seniors LOVE Periscope. I looked her up to see what she was doing that they loved so much and she had 13 followers. I’m not making that up.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Facebook]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Here’s a question, how often do you check your social media profile’s notification. Based on a research conducted, it is revealed that, Facebook users around the world logged into their account approximately 42,000 years of human time each day (Gutierrez, 2013). An article written by The New York Times stated that the current generations are becoming narcissistic and it is believed that social media are among the plausible factors that promotes it (Quenqua, 2013). However, how true can this statement be.... [tags: Social Networking Sites, Personality]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- In this essay, I will discuss how women are becoming increasingly sexualised through media. Factors in which I will consider in my essay are, media such as women’s magazines and adverts, smart phone devices, and stereotypes across both social media and mass media. I will be carrying out primary research by asking women how they feel their gender comes across in the media. Firstly I will examine the effects that the mass media has on the sexualisation of women in social media. Mass media sources such as magazines like Cosmopolitan frequently show women seen as the ‘ideal’ often in tight clothing with their midriffs and cleavage on show, this creates a mildly sexual representation of women.... [tags: Mass media, Advertising, Blog, Media]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- The BBC acknowledges domineering power of computers that inevitably cause higher reliability of news production by machines in the future such as through compilation of football results and write ups on travel bulletins (BBC 2015b). Potential use of drones that enable enhanced aerial shots as a method of data gathering in future news is also likely (BBC 2015b) considering its increasing popularity use by amateur video photographers. As demand for video news increase (BBC 2015b; Mcnair et al. 2010) popularity of video-sharing websites such as Youtube, Vimeo, online news aggregators such as HuffingtonPost or online-based news channel Vice News which are rich with multimedia applications and ci... [tags: Journalism, Mass media, News, News agency]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Due to the internet’s explosive growth within the past few decades, it is far more simple to find someone with a social media profile rather than without. A few years ago, many would have found the idea of ones potential boss searching through their online profile to discover who that person is when not in an interview ridiculous. This is a fact that every individual leaving college and looking for a job in his field needs to take into consideration. Social media is no longer just a platform to catch up with old friends and share cute cat photos.... [tags: Employment, Sociology, The Work, Friendship]
2002 words (5.7 pages)
- Queen Victoria has been described as the first media monarch by researches looking at the influence that the new technologies, such as the printing press, had on her reign. (Plunkett, 2003) On the other hand, Elizabeth II’s experience with the media was fraught with new challenges of trying to remain aloof in an intrusive society. Each of these monarchs ruled during a time of great political, technological, and social change but it is their relationship with these forces that defines their rule (Pimlott, 1996).... [tags: technological and social change]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Controversial images are smeared all over today’s media outlets: newspapers, magazines, social media, and news outlets. These days if one doesn’t see any controversial images, he must be living in a cave. Just the sight of some controversial image can stop a person right in there tracks and rant about how this world is coming to a horrible end. To be honest almost everything people will not agree with anyways. Before I get carried away, let us get into what controversial means. Controversial means anything that gives rise to or likely gives rise to public disagreement.... [tags: First Amendment to the United States Constitution]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- Critically analyzing of visual media artifact investigates visual culture. An analysis entails image interpretation of image equally applicable to genres of photographs as form of advertisement. In this paper, I will critically examine photographs. According to Barrett (2011) he suggested that critic starts with description that involves developing a list of facts concerning the subject matter within the image. Description is a data gathering process of photograph (p. 17). It’s also establishing a typology of the photograph’s content matter.... [tags: photographs, wunderkammers, gallery]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- We live in a society that uses digital technolohgy because of this we have social media sites. Social media is a way of conecting this is through Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, or Instagram. People use these sites to express what life is like. Photography is a way of showing society a form of art. Instagram is blogging site to tell stories through photos. People are attracted to instagram because it promotes creativity. Photography is a way of expression on Instagram protrays personal expression. Instagram is a domain to be yourself and allow people to see your life.You can choose whom you want to follow.... [tags: Sociology, Social media, Photography, Celebrity]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- “We were both members of the Civil Rights Movement, We met 47 years ago on a picket line” [Stanton, 2013]. This is a typical representation of what this photo book offers in terms of interactions with the subjects of the photographs. The title of this photo book is aptly named Humans Of New York, it is the first thing that sprung out to the editor after compiling his images together for the first time [Stanton, 2013: p2] which is often referred too as the acronym HONY. This body of work was all photographed by just one man named Brandon Stanton who has walked hundreds of miles around New York every single day to stumble across all these people to photograph and to ask them questions such as... [tags: photo book analysis]
2523 words (7.2 pages)