Furthermore, the strategy used by new marketing channels adds more emphasis on the cultivation of relations after the potential customer has been turned into a paying customer. The strategy looks more like:
➢ Finding potential customers
➢ Creating a message to reach out to customers
➢ Finding the right channel of contact
➢ Converting the customer into a loyal customer
➢ Cultivating the relationship with the customers
The new marketing channels emphasise the six Cs: contact, connect, conversation, consideration, consumption, and community. The strategy calls for a permission-based marketing. This means that instead of interrupting the potential consumer with a marketing message, marketers often ask for permission. For instance, a website can have a box for subscribing to an email newsletter, which allows the customer to see premium content or receive extra offers. The decision to subscribe is on the hands of the customer.
So, what are some of the most common new marketing channels?
Search engine marketing
Search engine marketing is among the most common new marketing channels. It’s divided into two methods:
• Search engine optimisation (SEO) – An organic marketing strategy that uses different optimisation tactics to improve the ranking on search engines like Google. The aim is to guarantee the company is among the top of the lists when customers are searching for relevant keywords. Usually the focus is on optimising the company website, creating organic links with other website’s and improving social me...
... middle of paper ...
...bjective. The metrics will differ whether you are using a traditional marketing method or using a newer, digital marketing channel.
The traditional metrics include:
• Response rate (customers reacting to the ad)
• Conversation rates
• Cost per ad (such as direct mail)
• Call tracking
• Customer satisfaction rate
The digital marketing metrics include:
• Cost per lead
• Total visits to website or social media profile
• Unique visitors
• Average visit duration
• Conversation rate
• Shares and likes on social media
• Customer satisfaction rate
Once you’ve selected the preferred marketing channel, you can use the above metrics to focusing on the cost effectiveness of the campaign. The most important thing to remember is to plan your marketing operations carefully and use a few different channels to find out which one is the most efficient to your needs.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marketing is among the most important things companies need to take care of and it can be among the costliest processes. In this guide, we’ll look at the different marketing channels and compare the traditional with the modern channels. You’ll learn about some of the most common marketing tactics and the different ways to use them. Marketing channels in a nutshell Before we examine the different marketing channels in detail, it’s auspicious to brush up on the definitions. Marketing is essentially the process, which is used for highlighting a specific content to potential customers in order to convert them from potential customers to paying customers.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Customer service, Sales]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Industry’s Dominant Features A grocery store sells multitudes of products ranging from produce to cleaning supplies to appliances for households for consumers. This industry is not only large, but is dominated in the market by many chains such as Publix, Walmart, and Kroger’s, for example. As the market size for this industry is large, competition from competitors increases depicting on various reasons such as prices, marketing strategies, and service to consumers. Moreover, the profitability of firms in this industry depend on the what the other identical firms in the industry are doing i terms of its marketing tactics and price differentiations.... [tags: Marketing, Supermarket, Grocery store, Wal-Mart]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- 20150264_Joshua_SamSundersingh_DB703_Assignment2 DB703 STRATEGIC MARKETING MANAGEMENT ASSIGNMENT 2 INDIVIDUAL MARKETING ASSESSMENT Submitted by: Joshua Sam Sundersingh Tutor: Mr. Syed Date: 30/03/2016 SUMMARY This individual marketing assessment is based on the case study about New Zealand Merino that was provided to us. This document explains in detail two marketing techniques that can be applied to New Zealand Merino and it also proposes two key strategies in response to the changes that we observed in the marketing environment.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing management, Brand management]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- It can be difficult deciding on a marketing budget and figuring out exactly how to distribute marketing and advertisement funds. It is important to know that a marketing budget is really something that needs to be adjusted on a regular basis in order to account for the ebbs and flows of the work year. Without paying close attention to a marketing budget, businesses, especially small businesses, can notice a really negative impact in their spending. Below are some tips to help you establish and adjust your marketing budget as well as some important platforms to pay attention to so that you are getting the best ROI (return on investment) possible, and really seeing the benefits of your budget.... [tags: Marketing, Business, Google, Want]
1051 words (3 pages)
- The Strategic Planning Marketing Process An organization must use a strategic marketing process to distribute its marketing mix resources to reach its target markets. The elements of a proper marketing mix are price, product, place, and promotion. They are the four P’s of the marketing process (Goi, 2009) Good understanding of the marketing mix is important for an organization. When a company is developing a marketing plan, it must consider each element. Just as important is an understanding how to use the element in the marketing process.... [tags: Marketing]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Introduction In order to understand marketing one must first analyze the history of production and sales as it advanced into a marketing based approach to customer satisfaction. By definition according to rdi, “marketing is a business philosophy, the process responsible for anticipating, identifying and satisfying customer current and future needs”(rdi, 2011). To appropriately cognize marketing, one must acknowledge the evolutionary progression that transpired allowing the concept of marketing to establish existence.... [tags: Marketing ]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- With the increase of ecommerce stores, merchants feel the pressure to stand out in the marketplace. And one of the best ways to promote products and services is through content marketing. As a full-stack freelancer, your goal is to build your client’s overall brand image. You hold the key to transforming their expertise into various written and visual content forms. Your content marketing skills will attract and engage their customers. From my personal experience, I’ve learned that clients desire a clear content marketing strategy coupled with unique content creation.... [tags: Marketing, Brand, Marketing research, Strategy]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Marketing Mix Paper Ken Luppold MRT/421 December 10, 2014 Dr. Ellison Marketing mix term was originated back in the 1953 by Neil Borden. This terminology came from James Culliton’s analogy of the marketing procedure being compared to a “mix of ingredients” (Business and Knowledge Center/Marketing, 2014). The term ever since has been used a lot of time when the topic of marketing is brought up. The marketing mix consists of 4 elements; often referred as the four P’s (this phrase is interchangeable with the phrase “marketing mix”).... [tags: Marketing, Apple Inc., Pricing, Steve Jobs]
1412 words (4 pages)
- Marketing Strategy for Aquafina Executive Summary The goal of this marketing plan is to outline the strategies, tactics, and programs that will make the sales goals outlined in the AQUAFINA business plan a reality in the year 2008. AQUAFINA is the answer to an increasing demand. Marketing will play a vital role in the success of AQUAFINA. AQUAFINA must build a brand around the services it offers by heavily promoting itself through local television, radio, and print advertising. Marketing efforts are just beginning by the time a potential customer enters AQUAFINA for the first time.... [tags: Business Marketing Analysis Strategic]
1860 words (5.3 pages)
- Marketing Mix Paper What are the elements of the marketing mix. There are four elements, which are product, place, price, and promotion. Organizations use these four elements of the marketing mix to make a profit on the product or service that they offer. The following will discuss the four p’s of marketing, and describe how each one of the four elements of the marketing mix impacts the development of a specific organizations marketing strategy and tactics. Four Elements of the Marketing Mix To begin, the first p in the marketing mix stands for product.... [tags: Marketing Mix Economic Theory Paper]
827 words (2.4 pages)