New Beginning For Men In The Family
Men are usually the ones who uphold family, the one everyone looks up to, they’re known as the heart of the family. In my case none of that was established, the men in my family have had a history of living “The Fast Life” and being for themselves. Most Men in my family have been affiliated with either the cops, Gang banging, Shootouts and so forth. I grew up in a house with uncles who were only a few years younger than me. Everything they did I tried to do or wanted to do. As a kid growing up around relatives doing activities such as fighting, smoking, drinking, messing with girls you start to intake that and believe that its alright to do those things.
My uncle’s would sometimes take me around the neighborhoods where they would hang. Doesn’t sound too good of a place for a kid to be but I figured it was a way of making me tough.
But also an introduction towards trying to expose me to being in the streets they saw that as a way for me to keep the thuggish going in the family. My oldest uncle got sentenced to jail 15 years for shooting two people and paralyzing them and for doing that he had gotten so much respect from the streets. Everywhere he went people treated him like he was the “man of the town” Girls would even throw themselves at him and I wanted that type of love, I wanted to be like him. I didn’t want to go to school because he didn’t. I didn’t want to listen to what people told me to do because he didn’t. For a while he was my role model. But as I got older I realized everyone has their own life and being a follower just means your living how someone else is and you’re not living your own. Even though the street life seemed cool and all but I figured it wasn’t w...
... middle of paper ...
...ls. I got into three schools by the time my senior year was coming to an end I was still undecided to where I was going to attend school by the month of May Claflin University had did a visit to my school, they presented a presentation of the school and I feel in love with the way they describe how they supported their students so I applied and I had met the requirements to attend panther Academy which I felt was a wonderful Opportunity for me to take so I took it its one of the top 10 HBCU’s and I wanted to give it a try. As graduation day came I was proud to have walk across that stage as one of my of my accomplishments were complete. I had a talk with one of my my uncle and he told me that he was proud of me because I chose the right route to go and that I just got to keep pushing. He said that this was a new beginning for the men in the family.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A New Beginning When meeting someone new you always get scared or have a little nerves bundled up inside. It’s even like that when someone is born, like a cousin or a new sibling that’s how it was for me having my new baby sister being born, I didn’t think I was ready for a baby sister. Even since I was already graduated and my brother not too far behind me graduating this year. It would literally be a handful for her to start over, my aunt had told me it would be better for my mom because she’s lonely.... [tags: Family, Sibling, Birth order]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Feeling the confusion of not knowing my true identity. Starring at the pain of growing up not knowing my father, and watching my mother shut me out to be with a man, she hardly even knows. Watching as the pain and struggle has continuously tormented my heart leaving me the only escape of climbing into the unknown. Moving in with my aunt and uncle saved my life; they gave me the family I have always dreamed for. All my life I have questioned who I am. My mother was adopted and my father has been everywhere, but in my life.... [tags: essay about my family]
519 words (1.5 pages)
- Both A “Brave New World” and events from our own world disprove the statement that individuality is seen as a threat to a harmonious society. In the book Huxley introduces the characters Bernard, Helmholtz, and John as outsiders. They do not fit into the societies that they are a part of which threatens the system Mustafa Mond and the other world leaders have instilled into the society. The accusation above is flawed and incorrect. Individuality was seen as a threat to a harmonious society however it is not a threat.... [tags: Dystopia, Brave New World, World, New World]
1389 words (4 pages)
- What is death. Looking up the meaning in the dictionary would probably read “the loss of life” or “ceasing of all vital functions”. As human beings the word could mean one of many things depending on what you believe in. To most of humanity throughout history it meant the end of a life, to others a shortcut to avoid the inevitable, or even what might be the beginning of something new. Unfortunately, today in our modern time our conception of death has changed drastically throughout history. Many like you and me will never truly understand death’s true meaning unless experienced firsthand.... [tags: Loss of Life, Perspective Change]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- ... Their loved ones can either give them two choices. One to keep them on life support for the rest of their remaining lives or two allow doctors to help their patients die to free them of their tortured states. It could also be on the path to enlightenment, an old college professor Morrie Schwartz has suffered a terminal neurological disease called ALS. The disease slowly works its way through the body stopping motor control. The disease slowly took away most of his body functions until it finally reached his lungs and suffocated.... [tags: belief, afterlife, demise]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- The day that marked the end to a new beginning was May 22nd, 2015. I woke up knowing this was a day I would never forget. I felt fully rested and was looking forward to the eventful day ahead. Not to mention the fact, I was woken by a warm, hearty breakfast. I headed off to a place that was a usual destination for four years now. However, that day’s ride to the residence marked one of the last. On this ride, I had flashbacks of football games, pep rallies, old friends, and anything that held significance in my life for four years.... [tags: High school, Graduation, Commencement speech]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- A new beginning It 's 6am and I hear my mother calling me, "if you don 't get up and do your chores you won 't go to school". This was a constant reminder of what our responsibilities were if we wanted to go to Elementary School. For my brothers and I, it was scary to think that we wouldn 't be able to attend school, because there were not many options for us besides working in the farm with our father. Attending school was in itself a job, we had to get up early in the morning and do several chores just to be allowed to go and if we didn 't take care of our responsabilaties our parents would sign us out of school and expect us to go work.... [tags: Primary school, Primary education]
1798 words (5.1 pages)
- When I first looked at this final assignment, I immediately thought of a few friends that might be able to help me out completing this final assignment. I was completely incorrect and surprised at the same time. I did not think my friends would say no to me. I’m guessing that my friends didn’t want to share their childhood experiences with me or no one and I totally respect that. Honestly, I didn’t know what to do next. So I went to my parents’ house one evening to ask them if they know anyone from a different ethnicity or culture that I can interview him or her for a school assignment.... [tags: Family, United States, New Jersey, Time]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- The world of biology and technology has been getting blurred more and more throughout the years. Undoubtedly you have asked someone the question why you look the way you do. There are also billions of dollars spent each and every week where people are trying to change the ways we look. Science might hold the answers to the question as to how people will be able to change their looks or much more. The key to everything is all in our genetic makeup. All of our features come down to our genetics. More than just our physical appearance these genes, our intelligence, tempers as well as all the hereditary diseases we have or will likely develop within our lifetimes.... [tags: biology, dna discovery, genetics]
1734 words (5 pages)
- Family Health Assessment Family Surname Taylor Household members Jason(father)-male age 35, Brandy(mother)-female age 33, Landon(eldest)-male age 10, Corbin(middle)-male age 9, Ansley(baby)-female age 18 months old. Family Composition Family consists of father, mother and three biological children with two boys and one girl. Family Characteristics Extended family: Their extended family consists of one great grandmother, two grandmothers, one step grandfather, many aunts, uncles and cousins all of which live within a supportive distance.... [tags: Family, Home, Household, Mother]
1080 words (3.1 pages)