Information Technology has come a long way over the past few decades. The way information is passed and received now just as fast as a blink of an eye in some cases. The computer and the internet is now the new social gathering place for the world. This new change in the world has affected everyone including the children born in this new age. From a social stand point it has affected the way an entire generation communicates with one another. Educationally it has made it somewhat easier for teacher and other school district staff member to organize things like grade, attendance, and disciplinary notices. On a professional level computers and the internet have affected the work place in a major way, some place don’t have paper anything but checks now. Being one of the children born this new age of Information Technology, I can say this new age of computers and internets has drastically assisted me and will continue to in my near future.
Being a child of the 90’s I can say socially computers and the internet has affected me in the past and will continue to affect me in many ways. I can’t imagine life without a computer it does seem possible. Since I started school back in ‘97 there was always at least one computer in my classroom. Honestly I remember being on the internet constantly since the fourth grade. As I got older the internet became more accessible and more common. By the time I was in middle school MySpace changed the way my generation looked at being social. The new place to be was on the internet on MySpace. Everyone was there form your favorite singers to your favorite actor even parents in some cases. By the time I hit high school Facebook had taken the world by storm. Everyone I knew had a Facebook. ...
... middle of paper ...
...he tools use in the future to try and obtain a professional career in the automotive industry. I’ll be writing my resume on a computer and sending it through the internet as well as my cover letter. In conclusion I don’t see myself obtaining a professional career without utilizing computers and the internet.
It is plain to see that this new world we live in would be nothing without the internet, and the internet would be nothing without the computer. I can honestly say I am extremely proud to be born in this new age of information. Most (not all) older people truly believe we are going through all of the same things as them. That has to be one of the biggest lies ever told. No two generations have all the same problems. Which is why I say you will have an harder time trying to figure out how the internet and computer won’t be in your future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The problem to be investigated is the connection between ethical foundations and the challenges presented by information technology in today’s high intensity electronic environment. The discussion centers on the topics of societal ethical changes caused by information technology, the ethical usage of information the technology, and the development of a code of ethics surrounding these ethical issues. These topics are reviewed using Brooks (2010, October) article titled, The development of a code of ethics: An outline classroom approach to making connections between ethical foundations and the challenges presented by information technology.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- 1. The information age is most certainly the age of technology we are currently at in society—facts and knowledge are readily available at all times, whether that would be on our computers, smartphones, or even our automobiles. It is defined by the fact that knowledge is constantly available at our fingertips. There are four main elements of the information age: Data. Data are “raw facts” of events or objects that provide either a measurement or help in decision making (Baltzan, 2015, p. 6). For example, a cost accountant can use data extrapolated from a computer application that can point to how a company can become more efficient.... [tags: Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, E-book]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Generational Characteristics Being part of the Generation X (1960-1980) some characteristic that show up are, being a “latch key kid”, skeptical, desiring directness, and independent (Kersten para 17-19). Divorce among the parents of this generation is also common and it fits like a shoe for this one. Some personal characteristics that may not apply to everyone in this generation are the want to know everything and will ask questions until satisfied with the answer. Technology can be good but it is not a must in life.... [tags: generationals, technology, information]
687 words (2 pages)
- Why do we have technology. What does technology do for us as human beings. In The current generation, the age of computers; technology is progressing at a rapid pace. For every day that passes by, there is always a new piece of technology invented or being invented. Technology's soul duty has always been and will always be to assist us in our daily lives, and take away the mental and manual labor we would have had to do otherwise. Unlike the olden days before technology was invented, if you want to research or something you are now able to use technology as an advantage.... [tags: information, education, invention]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- Competency for Information Professionals There are many types of competency that very important to be practiced by information professionals in order to manage information efficiently and effectively in any organizations. In this paper, we will discuss eleven of them that are crucial competency for information professionals in this information age. i. Effective Communication Effective communication is essential in any organizations especially in information service organizations such as libraries, archives institutions and information centers.... [tags: Information Technology ]
2135 words (6.1 pages)
- In Hong Kong, about 40% of households do not have a computer, while 70% do not use the Internet. Despite the rapid development and widespread use of information and communication technologies in recent years, scholars have drawn attention to the fact that access to these innovations is by no means even , and this has raised concerns about an emerging information gap in a society based on income and education. The issue of whether equitable access to information technologies and services in the digital age for the poor, the elderly and other disadvantaged groups is currently a controversial topic.... [tags: Information Technology]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- The Age of Technology From the time you are born until the day you die one thing will remain constant and that is the progress of technology. Everyday there is something new brought into our world. Whether it be a revision of an old technology or just a new discovery, it doesn¹t matter, there is always progress. Today we live in a culture where technology has effected everything. Technology has come in to play a role in religion, science, and even the imitation of humankind. Today it is hard to find one thing that technology does not play a role in.... [tags: Technology Society Information Essays Papers]
2072 words (5.9 pages)
- The University Office of Information Technology Introduction In this paper I report on the history, mission, organization, finances, evaluation strategies, and current issues of a university’s office of information technology. I will use the term “office of information technology” throughout the paper. This term needs to be defined here because it is very general and each university seems to have a unique definition for it. Within this paper, office of information technology will refer to those areas of the university whose primary mission is to serve the information technology needs of the institution.... [tags: Education Data Information Essays]
3151 words (9 pages)
- Francis Njoh Second Draft Composition 2 Information age In the world we live in everything is constantly changing within the past 20 years we have evolved technologically from mini garbage can size cell phones to GPS systems that can give directions to anywhere in the world in the blink of an eye, with technology changing all the time. The world is always evolving and ways in which we operate at home, work and school are changing as well. Computers in the classroom are becoming more and more familiar and it is a must in are classes and it is essential for administrators to support and encourage computer technology in our education systems.... [tags: Technology, GPS Systems]
2367 words (6.8 pages)
- Information Computer Technology has already played an important role in people’s daily lives. It is widely used in information gathering, communication and mutual operation. Modern people have been benefited from more efficient information flow, less cost and faster communication. However, every coin has both sides. ICT also has brought people’s lives some concerning issues at the same time along with advantages. One of the concerning issues is the personal privacy. In internet age, privacy, as defined by Alan Westin in Privacy and Freedom (1970) is “The claim of individuals, groups or institutions to determine for themselves when, how and to what extent information about them is communicate... [tags: Technology]
1042 words (3 pages)